Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2022, 7:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Flew out of MAN on BA for the first time since 2020 this morning and the experience was… fine. Club check in queue was about 5 mins, Menzies agent was friendly. Security didn’t refer me to the fast track line but when I pointed out I was BA Silver (travelling Y), they were more than happy to let me in. Security staff were pleasant (and I walked straight to a tray). Lounge could do with some windows but was fairly quiet and fine. Only small issue was that they boarded us into the air bridge about 10 mins before the plane was ready.

If MAN could hit this level every time, I wouldn’t exactly be delighted but I’d be a lot happier than I was in 2019.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Can you tell I'm a MAG fan?
A MAG fan, I think you're their strategic revenue planning guy!
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:50 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Few updates from MAN this morning:

1. My Economy Class, Gold Coloured BP worked fine this morning for Fast Track - no issues so I do think the original comment about losing Fast Track was a rumour.
2. There was no queue at all for security - I walked through a basically empty security hall at 8.20am, straight to the carousel
3. The guys working at security were chatty and fun. They did say that security had been rammed just one hour before I arrived.
4. None of my bags were selected for secondary screening
5. The Aspire lounge is a lovely place to be.
6. I have still not seen KARFA as far as I know.

I was off the train and into the lounge within 15 minutes. Amazing!
toothy, KARFA and Kestrel86 like this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:21 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling

1. My Economy Class, Gold Coloured BP worked fine this morning for Fast Track - no issues so I do think the original comment about losing Fast Track was a rumour.
2. There was no queue at all for security - I walked through a basically empty security hall at 8.20am, straight to the carousel
3. The guys working at security were chatty and fun. They did say that security had been rammed just one hour before I arrived.

I wonder if they've got new management in security? Admittedly it was 10 years ago, but then security were chatty, welcoming and fun.

T
Old Feb 10, 2022, 3:25 am

So the conclusion based on our exhaustive research seems to be 'always book the BA1389'
Old Feb 10, 2022, 3:45 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by sigma421
So the conclusion based on our exhaustive research seems to be 'always book the BA1389'
Correct. On a sample size of one 😊
ENTP likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 4:22 am

Correct. On a sample size of one 😊
Two! I did it yesterday. I think that makes it conclusive.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 4:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

Originally Posted by sigma421
Two! I did it yesterday. I think that makes it conclusive.
Thread reported for clearly fake posting
Old Feb 10, 2022, 4:32 am

Of course every silver lining has its associated cloud. Landed 20 mins early - no stand at LHR - so we are parked somewhere near T5C going nowhere. For once, not something I can pin on MAN airport 😩
Old Feb 13, 2022, 1:10 am

On the 09:45 to Heathrow this morning. Check-in was disorganised as per usual. They opened the priority desk at 07:30. Security was a breeze though, through in 5 mins.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 1:31 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Ditto. Arrived at 7:30 and Club Europe line took 30 mins. Fast Track was not bad at 10 mins including a bonus shoe scan. The Aspire lounge (Priority Pass) is nice and quiet with views of the rainy runway. Now for the usual boarding craziness.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 1:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by goingforapee
On the 09:45 to Heathrow this morning. Check-in was disorganised as per usual. They opened the priority desk at 07:30. Security was a breeze though, through in 5 mins.
Disorganised in what way?
Old Feb 13, 2022, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Disorganised in what way?
Lack of signage, staff stating that check-in will open at 07:15, and mixed verbal signals. It would help to have some signage at the tensa entrances clearly stating which queue is which. All in all this was a much better experience when compared to the last few times I flew via MAN.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
I see the comments about about check-in at 0730 for the 0945 flight - is it still viable to turn up at the MAN check-in desk just 1 hour before the flight (connecting in LHR to the USA) and still make check-in/security/boarding ok, or has covid travel changed that?

Last edited by manord; Feb 13, 2022 at 3:44 am
Old Feb 13, 2022, 3:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Judging on posts further above, and the fact it took me 30 minutes on Feb 4th to get through security, Its the security queues you would be second guessing. Fast track may mitigate security delays, of course.

​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.