Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2021, 2:38 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Never Stansted
Would be nice to escape T1 (probably the worst terminal experience in the UK?) but domestic flights can't arrive at T2 yet. Jet2 have had to have their JER flights arrive at T1 and leave from T2...
Depends. I have heard a suggestion that in lieu of actually spending money on a domestic arrivals facility, all T2 domestic arrivals could be bussed. Not sure I quite believe it, but it does smack of a typically MAN solution.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Never Stansted
Would be nice to escape T1 (probably the worst terminal experience in the UK?) but domestic flights can't arrive at T2 yet. Jet2 have had to have their JER flights arrive at T1 and leave from T2...
T1 is starting to grow on me. Fast Track security is better than T3 in my experience- they also seem to find a way to prioritise business travellers vs the premium holiday travellers, plus the Escape lounge staff now call the bit at the back the BA lounge area. I think they are trying to provide some sort of differentiated experience for the BA premium pax.
KARFA likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 3:04 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by KARFA
Depends. I have heard a suggestion that in lieu of actually spending money on a domestic arrivals facility, all T2 domestic arrivals could be bussed. Not sure I quite believe it, but it does smack of a typically MAN solution.
oh god, could totally imagine that.
BrianDromey likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 3:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I suspect this topic will show up at the top of search results for BA and MAN - perhaps we shouyld maintain this as a resource topic for all things BA-MAN?

With that in mind does anyone know where the BA check-in desks are situated at T1 and how long before each flight do the desks open? I very rarely check luggage, so I have no idea what the answer is to either of those questions.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 3:31 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Yes lets keep it as a general MAN-BA chat

Check in (last time I bag dropped) was in T1-B - its a small sub section of the main terminal.

If you are going via the bridge (from say the train station) - before you get to the T1, on the right hand side there is steps/lifts down to the T1-B departure area, this is where BA are.

Last edited by PGberkshire; Aug 23, 2021 at 3:39 am
Old Aug 23, 2021, 3:36 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Yes lets keep it as a general MAN-BA chat

Check in (last time i bag dropped) was in T1-B - its a small sub section of the main terminal.

If you are going via the bridge (from say the train station) - before you get to the T1, on the right hand side there is steps/lifts down to the T1-B departure area, this is where BA are.
Is that below the main check-in area, where Jet2 used to occupy exclusively? On the plus side it does have its own security area away from the main T1 zoo.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by BrianDromey
Is that below the main check-in area, where Jet2 used to occupy exclusively? On the plus side it does have its own security area away from the main T1 zoo.
Yes. However last time I bag dropped everyone was then pushed back through main security, however FaskTrack is in operation so that isnt too bad. Unsure if the B security is open yet. Maybe Karfa can confirm.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
Yes. However last time I bag dropped everyone was then pushed back through main security, however FaskTrack is in operation so that isnt too bad. Unsure if the B security is open yet. Maybe Karfa can confirm.
Last Saturday morning we had the opposite, upstairs security was closed completely so everyone was sent the backway from the main hall down to Security B, VERY busy with only one lane open (until the dot of 0930 when a second one opened).

There is FastTrack down there but that just cuts out the zigzag bit of the tensa queue - you then merge with the main queue and still have to complete the walk down to the end of the hall and back, was about a 15 minute crawl from the lines merging to getting to the belt.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 5:15 am

Just checking MMB for a trip later this week, MMB states that the check in desks are 50 to 54 and the airport desks open at 04:30 daily. Can anyone confirm these details are correct? I am incredulous that check-in desk would remain open throughout the day, especially when there is no mid--morning/lunchtime flight.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 6:09 am

Tobias-UK BA Twitter chat, would be best idea to confirm
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Just checking MMB for a trip later this week, MMB states that the check in desks are 50 to 54 and the airport desks open at 04:30 daily. Can anyone confirm these details are correct? I am incredulous that check-in desk would remain open throughout the day, especially when there is no mid--morning/lunchtime flight.
I did a MAN-LHR-DFW-DEN trip last week, the desk 50-54 is accurate but not sure they are open all day.

Be ready for a long walk to the gate as well, through to a deserted T3.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by NickRe2000
I did a MAN-LHR-DFW-DEN trip last week, the desk 50-54 is accurate but not sure they are open all day.

Be ready for a long walk to the gate as well, through to a deserted T3.
Thanks for this NickRe2000 - are those desks on the lower level or to the left of the main entrance?

Sadly, I'm all too familiar with the amount of walking required at MAN - it's even worse on the inbound!
Old Aug 23, 2021, 8:34 am

Tobias-UK BA Twitter chat, would be best idea to confirm
Perhaps, but we all know the information provided by our FT community is far more reliable than anything the Twitter team can provide!

I suspect the Twitter team would just consult ba.com - and well, need I say more?
Old Aug 23, 2021, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Thanks for this NickRe2000 - are those desks on the lower level or to the left of the main entrance?

Sadly, I'm all too familiar with the amount of walking required at MAN - it's even worse on the inbound!
Desks are on the main level, just to the left of the entrance and the entrance to security
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:44 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
All,

I've taken the liberty of creating a simple Wiki assuming this will remain as the BA at Manchester thread

Pease feel free to improve

Thanks
Tobias-UK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.