Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:14 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by KARFA
well i guess you could argue there are limited options heading to the US atm, EI via DUB is probably the obvious alternative, and KL via AMS as well.
VS are flying to the US again I believe. Plus the new direct EI flights to JFK, MCO & BOS (if that ever starts). Still missing ORD & PHL though.
KARFA, navylad and TarquinMontague like this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 10:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
well i guess you could argue there are limited options heading to the US atm, EI via DUB is probably the obvious alternative, and KL via AMS as well.

but when heading east and south there are plenty of direct and one stop options so it is hard to suggest BA somehow has anything approaching a significant market controlling share. how many seats are available on the ME3 every day from MAN for example?
A hell of a lot more than are available on BA.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:17 am

Programs: A Lot Less since COVID
Hi all. Quick question. I’m booked club man-lhr in the summer. Not status these days just lots of leftover miles, I’ve read conflicting reports around access to fast track. Also the Lounge seems to suggest status only, not club at MAN?

TIA
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by The Yorkshire Kipper
Hi all. Quick question. I’m booked club man-lhr in the summer. Not status these days just lots of leftover miles, I’ve read conflicting reports around access to fast track. Also the Lounge seems to suggest status only, not club at MAN?

TIA
​​​​​​I'm pretty sure its status and cabin class. I travelled through MAN with my OH last month - both in CE - and we both had Fast Track and access to Escape Lounge and she is only Bronze.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:52 am

Programs: A Lot Less since COVID
Thanks for this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question Manchester B2B

What are the current terminal arrangements at Manchester. Does it still go into T3 & out of T1 or is it now into Ti and out of T1?. If the latter can you stay airside if doing B2B?
Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by col747uk
What are the current terminal arrangements at Manchester. Does it still go into T3 & out of T1 or is it now into Ti and out of T1?. If the latter can you stay airside if doing B2B?
You exit out of T3, BA used the 142/143 gates they used to use prior to covid. You go downstairs and exit out of the domestic baggage hall and out of T3.

To go back airside you would have to walk back around to T1, through security, and then once airside back across to T3 to board at 142/143.

I would not recommend a b2b at MAN.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
I am told that T3 will be reopening in April.

can only assume BA will return to T3 fully once this happens? Am I right saying the BA lounge there is gone, never to return. In which case I assume they will transfer their lounge contract to the pretty poor Escape lounge in T3?
KARFA likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by RedDevil83

can only assume BA will return to T3 fully once this happens? Am I right saying the BA lounge there is gone, never to return. In which case I assume they will transfer their lounge contract to the pretty poor Escape lounge in T3?
Yes the lounge has been completely stripped now. I guess it would be access to the escape lounge in T3 once T3 open rather than having to trek across to the one in T1.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
You exit out of T3, BA used the 142/143 gates they used to use prior to covid. You go downstairs and exit out of the domestic baggage hall and out of T3.

To go back airside you would have to walk back around to T1, through security, and then once airside back across to T3 to board at 142/143.

I would not recommend a b2b at MAN.
Thanks Karfa.

Would Glasgow be OK for B2B ?.

Am thinking of doing BA Holiday booking to JFK in F to get the Double Tier Points.Would do the following

25 Feb BA1486 LHR/GLA 15.05 - 16.35
25 FEb BA1493 GLA/LHR 17.20- 18.45
Overmight at HGI at Hatton Cross on Points
26 FEB BA175 LHR/JFK 09.50 - 12.30
03 MAR BA116 JFK/LHR 20.15 - 08.10+1
04 MAR BA1484 LHR/GLA 13.50 -15.15
04 MAR BA1481 GLA/LHR 16.35 - 18.10

Last edited by col747uk; Jan 13, 2022 at 10:27 am Reason: Addition to text
Old Jan 13, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by The Yorkshire Kipper

TIA
It's definitely status and / or class of service for both lounge and fast track. I have even read the lounge entry rules binder as I asked during the first week of (re-)opening. You'll be fine for both.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Thanks Karfa.

Would Glasgow be OK for B2B ?
Glasgow is ideal. You exit into the departure lounge so could literally join the boarding queue right away - same at Edinburgh and Aberdeen.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by RedDevil83

Air France and KLM used to use the 1903 lounge in T3 so I guess that's possible long term (and I'd count that as a win). Also the Escape Lounge will probably improve if it takes over the old BA space - it also has windows! Which makes it a lot nicer than the T1 version.
icebird, BJ787 and KARFA like this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 10:19 am

Thanks Karfa.

Would Glasgow be OK for B2B ?
GLA/EDI/NCL/BHD/ABZ are all excellent as you can remain airside at the gate or even wander off to the lounge for a few minutes (slightly more difficult to get to the lounge in NCL now it is the aspire one).

BHD is a little less obvious than the rest how to get back to the gate without going landside, but there is some explanation here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33628746-post707.html

INV you do have to go landside, but it is a small airport and I have always found security a pleasant and efficient process so you would easily be back at the gate well before boarding even started.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by sigma421
Air France and KLM used to use the 1903 lounge in T3 so I guess that's possible long term (and I'd count that as a win).
Agree - that definitely would be a win. The 1903 lounge was a great one and I’d be excited if that turned out to be the future BA lounge provision. Wonder if the capacity is high enough though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.