Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change of terminals LHR query

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2021, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by prof
Heathrow.com and BA.com now show AA flights still operating from T5 next week; just yesterday they were showing AA operating from T3. So I assume this terminal move has been postponed for now.
I really hope you are right. My personal LAX-LHR on Thurs still has T3 arrival in LHR. I hope it's just not been corrected yet.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 1:08 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Gold, BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Heathrow.com and BA.com now show AA flights still operating from T5 next week; just yesterday they were showing AA operating from T3. So I assume this terminal move has been postponed for now.
Heathrow.com is showing AA flights operating from T3 with the exception New York flights which are staying in T5. For example, OP’s arrival from LAX is showing correctly as T3.

As far as I am aware, the move is still scheduled to go ahead on Tuesday.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 2:27 pm

This, my friends, is why there needs to be an actual announcement.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by bvmcginnis
I really hope you are right. My personal LAX-LHR on Thurs still has T3 arrival in LHR. I hope it's just not been corrected yet.
Honestly, I don’t know what to believe any more, which is why the airport should make a formal announcement. I’m connecting BA to AA on Wednesday and will report what transpires on the day.
bvmcginnis likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 4:28 am

Programs: BAEC
Well the announcement has come, all AA flights will depart/arrive T3 from 3rd Aug (except AA services to/from JFK).
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 6:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
So this is why my flights have disappeared from MMB. The connection from MIA to MAN no longer works at LHR, as with a retime and terminal change it leaves us with 1 hour 20.

Does this open up options to us to rebook onto BA metal at no additional cost? We don't fancy a 6 hour wait in LHR for a later MAN flight!
Old Aug 5, 2021, 1:16 am

I thought I'd report back on our BA to AA, T5 to T3 transfer today. It all went pretty smoothly in the end, all things considered. The bus transfer could have been more efficient, with less of a wait, but we were in the T3 lounge about 50 minutes after landing at T5. The bags all made it as well. As reported in the lounge thread, there is only the BA lounge in T3, which had pretty sparse offerings.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Does AA have a separate check in in T5 or can gold members just use the First Class check in?
Old Aug 5, 2021, 3:24 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by dwugson
Does AA have a separate check in in T5 or can gold members just use the First Class check in?
AA has one check area at the North end, but ExPlats and First travellers can use the First Wing, ditto other oneworld Emeralds. AA have a few desks on the left side bank of the First Wing check-in.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Thanks CWS!
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:03 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
I thought I'd report back on our BA to AA, T5 to T3 transfer today. It all went pretty smoothly in the end, all things considered. The bus transfer could have been more efficient, with less of a wait, but we were in the T3 lounge about 50 minutes after landing at T5. The bags all made it as well. As reported in the lounge thread, there is only the BA lounge in T3, which had pretty sparse offerings.
How exactly does the transfer work? I have a similar T5 (BA - SEA to LHR) to T3 (BA- LHR to PRG) transfer later this year. Do you go straight from the plane to the transfer bus and then through security in T3 or is there a security step in T5? Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Klrduks
How exactly does the transfer work? I have a similar T5 (BA - SEA to LHR) to T3 (BA- LHR to PRG) transfer later this year. Do you go straight from the plane to the transfer bus and then through security in T3 or is there a security step in T5? Thanks for your help.
hi.

From the plane follow the purple flight connections signs then get on the bus to t3 about a 10min journey.security is done at t3 not at t5.

Regards

Tbs
Klrduks likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Follow the purple signs in T5 to Flight Connections T2/3/4. There is a pick up point in T5A an T5B. No security or checks in T5 itself. There are queues depending on which terminal you are heading to.

When you get to T3 you go upstairs and follow the signs, there is a bp check and then security in T3 before you can go in to the airside departures area.

More details in the T5 connection guide linked to in my signature and the sticky threads.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.