Old Jul 23, 2021, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

20% off all BA flights, book by 25 July

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2021, 8:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
Just to check - if I use the promotion code and my plans change I can simply exchange for a FTV in the future?
Old Jul 24, 2021, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Originally Posted by Paren
Ever since the voucher code email went out, the website is veeeeery slow for me when searching for flights and/or trying to add the voucher code.
I've found that too. It took a good 5 minutes to go from the "agree" to completing the transaction.

Saved Ł171 on my WT ticket for Easter 2022.
Paren likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by tjcxx
I'm looking to book W with UUA to J. (LHR/JFK in Nov.) This can't be done all at once and get the 20% discount. Does anyone know if I book the base W fare, and get the discount, will that preclude me doing the UUA afterwards ?
I've just successfully done that. I booked W for LHR/CPT in late Jan with the 20% discount, then I went straight to MMB and did an UUA on the return leg to J. (Now fingers crossed that SeatSpy can alert me in the coming months to availability for the outward leg.)
Old Jul 24, 2021, 10:15 am

Programs: OW Emerald (AY Platinum), *A Gold (UA Premier Platinum), VS Silver, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
"The code can only be used once"

Hi All,

I see in the T&Cs they say "The code can only be used once." This seems a little ambiguous - do they mean once per Exec Club member? As there are two codes (“TeamGB1” and “TeamGB2”) can they each be used once or just one of them used once? Any clarification would be much appreciated!
Old Jul 24, 2021, 10:43 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Ever since the voucher code email went out, the website is veeeeery slow for me when searching for flights and/or trying to add the voucher code.
Update: In the end I had to call through as I wanted to UuA. They had to book the cash booking first for WT+ and then do the upgrade to CW separately in order to use the voucher.

End result: LHR > BLR return in Club Suite for just over Ł600
efincomputer likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 11:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HKGtoLHR
Hi All,

I see in the T&Cs they say "The code can only be used once." This seems a little ambiguous - do they mean once per Exec Club member? As there are two codes (“TeamGB1” and “TeamGB2”) can they each be used once or just one of them used once? Any clarification would be much appreciated!
I assume it means once per booking. I have used the code multiple times since yesterday, each on separate bookings.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by paulaf
Over the phone? Yes used an e-voucher ok yesterday. This woman I've got hadn't even heard of this code so I've asked to speak to a manager.
No, on the website. I first entered the discount code and then clicked the voucher tab and entered my FTV details.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
No, on the website. I first entered the discount code and then clicked the voucher tab and entered my FTV details.
I tried that but it wouldn't accept mine. After a disagreement with the manager who told me I couldn't use an FTV and this code as in her opinion it wasn't a new booking ???? Paragraph 2 of the T&Cs doesn't say FTV's don't count as a new booking. I hung up, called back 10 minutes later when I'd calmed down, got another more pleasant lady who completed the new booking with FTV and this code within 5 minutes. So frustrating when its so inconsistent.

Last edited by paulaf; Jul 24, 2021 at 1:29 pm
Old Jul 24, 2021, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Which FTV details? Do you mean eVoucher?

I thought FTVs could only be used by phone (or twitter etc.) as they were processed manually by BA.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by adrianlondon
Which FTV details? Do you mean eVoucher?
They are 2 different types of voucher both start 125 but evouchers then start with a 4 but FTVs start with a 2 after the 125, but it seems you can only enter e vouchers. I think you get FTVs when you cancel a holiday not flight only for example and to rebook using an FTV you have to book over the phone which is a pain in the neck.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by paulaf
They are 2 different types of voucher both start 125 but evouchers then start with a 4 but FTVs start with a 2 after the 125, but it seems you can only enter e vouchers. I think you get FTVs when you cancel a holiday not flight only for example and to rebook using an FTV you have to book over the phone which is a pain in the neck.
Yeah, I know the difference (as I have FTVs unfortunately!); the post I was quoting was from someine saying they used an FTV online. I really hope that's true, but I suspect they just used it as a generic term and they have an eVoucher.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by adrianlondon
Yeah, I know the difference (as I have FTVs unfortunately!); the post I was quoting was from someine saying they used an FTV online. I really hope that's true, but I suspect they just used it as a generic term and they have an eVoucher.
Sorry, yes I tried with my FTV and no joy but was fine with an evoucher yesterday. The agent acknowledged you can't enter FTVs online when I called, shame they can't fix that. Agent did say though she thought balance on residual FTV might come as an evoucher, fingers crossed.
adrianlondon likes this.

Last edited by paulaf; Jul 24, 2021 at 2:02 pm
Old Jul 24, 2021, 2:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
Is it possible to use the discount code before the deal expires and then cancel later on and get an FTV if my plans change?
Old Jul 24, 2021, 2:37 pm

Did it work for you in the end? I am just getting a spinning wheel whenever they try to book using a voucher on ba.com. This has been happening for over 24 hours now for me. Very frustrating!
Old Jul 24, 2021, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Geebsie
Did it work for you in the end? I am just getting a spinning wheel whenever they try to book using a voucher on ba.com. This has been happening for over 24 hours now for me. Very frustrating!
Me too but open another tab or internet session leave the first one running then it seems to work on the 2nd session.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.