FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

20% off all BA flights, book by 25 July

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2021, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
This is a bloody good deal and may provide the impetus to the missus to get my flight to SAN booked for spring break. The discount is real and works over the UK Easter holidays.

It might have been noted further up but does not work on AA code shares.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 5:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
How do you get the voucher to work? Have been in via the app and the website and I still have no option to add a discount code
Old Jul 23, 2021, 6:17 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
How do you get the voucher to work? Have been in via the app and the website and I still have no option to add a discount code
In the "Review your flights" page click on ADD next to "Apply an eVoucher, Use a promotional code or eVoucher". In the pop up box enter it under promotional code. You need to be signed in to your BAEC account to use the code.
ENTP likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 1:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just to double check, looks like it isn't possible to cancel/rebook my existing booking at the cheaper price given it's an open jaw with a UUA?
Old Jul 24, 2021, 2:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by KARFA
In the "Review your flights" page click on ADD next to "Apply an eVoucher, Use a promotional code or eVoucher". In the pop up box enter it under promotional code. You need to be signed in to your BAEC account to use the code.
Thanks KARFA. Looks possible on the website but not the BA app.
SavvyTravel likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 3:32 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
A decent saving...and have booked to DBV in early December - £222 GBP each in J
Old Jul 24, 2021, 4:33 am

Programs: BAEC
How are you all booking flights? Every time I try, I just face this page for infinity and it never loads.

Old Jul 24, 2021, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Originally Posted by BAeuro
How are you all booking flights? Every time I try, I just face this page for infinity and it never loads.

Open another window. I had the same issue last night and a 2nd window did the trick.
paulaf and BAeuro like this.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 5:01 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
6. The Promotion Codes are not valid on:

a. The following bookings: Flight + Car, Flight + Hotel, hotels, other ancillaries, First, Avios part payment, reward flights or upgrades
I'm looking to book W with UUA to J. (LHR/JFK in Nov.) This can't be done all at once and get the 20% discount. Does anyone know if I book the base W fare, and get the discount, will that preclude me doing the UUA afterwards ?
Old Jul 24, 2021, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by tjcxx
I'm looking to book W with UUA to J. (LHR/JFK in Nov.) This can't be done all at once and get the 20% discount. Does anyone know if I book the base W fare, and get the discount, will that preclude me doing the UUA afterwards ?

No issues with that, book first then UUA
Old Jul 24, 2021, 6:01 am

So why did I get an e-voucher for a flight I cancelled yesterday and today tried the same trick for another flight only booking and got an FTV? Both flight only. OK got the answer, I used a discount code on the 2nd flight so it only generates an FTV aaaarghhhh! BA saying can't use FTV with this TeamGB1 code now, what a waste of time. So beware before cancelling you haven't used a discount code on the original booking!
ENTP likes this.

Last edited by paulaf; Jul 24, 2021 at 6:27 am
Old Jul 24, 2021, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by paulaf
So why did I get an e-voucher for a flight I cancelled yesterday and today tried the same trick for another flight only booking and got an FTV? Both flight only. OK got the answer, I used a discount code on the 2nd flight so it only generates an FTV aaaarghhhh! BA saying can't use FTV with this TeamGB1 code now, what a waste of time. So beware before cancelling you haven't used a discount code on the original booking!
Any bright ideas to suggest as the new booking is going to cost me more now?
Old Jul 24, 2021, 6:33 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I booked a flight late last night using both the 20% discount code and a FTV without an issue. Unless I’ve misunderstood it like sounds BA are tightening the rules.
paulaf likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
I booked a flight late last night using both the 20% discount code and a FTV without an issue. Unless I’ve misunderstood it like sounds BA are tightening the rules.
Over the phone? Yes used an e-voucher ok yesterday. This woman I've got hadn't even heard of this code so I've asked to speak to a manager.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Ever since the voucher code email went out, the website is veeeeery slow for me when searching for flights and/or trying to add the voucher code.
Geebsie and paulaf like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.