Flight Change from Three Class to Four

Old Jul 22, 21, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Flight Change from Three Class to Four

I am flying to St Lucia in August and due to operational reasons the flight seems to have changed to 4 class plane

I am currently in Club, is it possible to now upgrade to 1st, or do they leave 1st empty? (Or have a Club service in 1st?) - in seat selection it's showing rows 1 and 2 greyed out and club starts on row 5

Think the flight has Club Suite (1-2-1 in Club) - but not sure if it has the new 1st suite yet (can you tell?)
Old Jul 22, 21, 7:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
It's called FLUB class (travel in F but with J service on 4 class aircraft)
Old Jul 22, 21, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My advice from this happening last month to me to ANU. Do nothing, stay in your good chosen J seats. The 14 of us put into F were then shunted back to bad / split seats when the aircraft went back to 32J. There were 30 people shunted back to WTP so was happy staying in J !!

You can see my unfolding in the above mentioned thread !
stuvoi, T8191 and The_Editor like this.
Old Jul 22, 21, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Thanks Mikey, sounds like I will follow that advice !
Old Jul 22, 21, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Firstly, as Im sure you know, airframe changes on Caribbean routes are endemic. No doubt a dummy booking on your part would reveal whether BA is actually selling F on your flight. If thats the case, I assume you could potentially pay to upgrade to F. If not, then presumably the F cabin might end up being used as Flub which then generates a discussion thats been going on here for several years about whether to select a Flub seat or not.

My gut feeling, from other posts here recently, is that demand for F to UVF is such that it now justifies a 4-class. Likewise, our imminent LHR-ANU is a 4-class (Club Suite, 1-2-1). I have no feeling for the state of F cabin upgrades; J suits us just fine!
layz likes this.
Old Jul 22, 21, 11:20 am

They did this to our UVF to Gatwick return on Friday 13th, and then cancelled it a day later.... So keep checking!
T8191 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 21, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by deep_south View Post
They did this to our UVF to Gatwick return on Friday 13th, and then cancelled it a day later.... So keep checking!
Typical! I’ve very glad that our ANU is ex-LHR now, after 2 previous attempts ex-LGW where schedule changes kept making the ex-JER connection impossible! Full story in the Trip Report to be published* around 14 Aug! 😎

* Hopefully!
rapidex likes this.
Old Jul 22, 21, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

So dummy booking is not showing F, so guess it will be a FLUB / back to 3 class plane closer to the day
Guess it's keep an eye on things so we don't end up losing our seats !
T8191 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 21, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

So, if FLUB happens (and not really bothered either way)
So, if I get FLUB (Due to being Gold), would they also FLUB Mrs, as she's 'only' Silver?
As obviously don't want to be separated !
Old Jul 22, 21, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stuvoi View Post
So, if FLUB happens (and not really bothered either way)
So, if I get FLUB (Due to being Gold), would they also FLUB Mrs, as she's 'only' Silver?
As obviously don't want to be separated !
On the same booking, you would be jointly-Flubbed.

As we are both Gold, and never offered, your Silver spouse might just enhance your prospects. BA would wish you to sample the wonders of First to encourage booking F next time!
stuvoi likes this.
Old Jul 22, 21, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by T8191 View Post
Typical! Ive very glad that our ANU is ex-LHR now, after 2 previous attempts ex-LGW where schedule changes kept making the ex-JER connection impossible! Full story in the Trip Report to be published* around 14 Aug! 😎

* Hopefully!
I shall look forward to that.Nothing like a good trip report to while away a pleasant hour.

Search this Thread