Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Express Test PCR - recent experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2021, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, for now at least...
Express Test PCR - recent experiences

Heading to FAO tomorrow afternoon, and am sitting here nervously waiting for our PCR results to come back from ExpressTest.

Last time we used them a their LHR drive-thru, and the whole process was excellent - staff were fabulous and we got results the same evening.

Used Gatters drive thru this time, before 10am, and the staff were awful jobsworths (telling us we had to wear masks inside our own car, FFS). Results still not through, and I am getting nervous. I know they only guarantee receipt by 10pm tonight, but the recent online reviews arent that positive, and I worry about getting this resolved overnight if we dont get results through. You would think with the profits these companies are creaming in that the least they could do is man their phone lines or respond on Twitter. Particularly the 'premium' services recommended by BA

I guess the mose pertinent question is can someone recommend a decent option for very quick turn-around antigen tests (dont need PCR for Portugal now), either south of London, Brighton area or at LHR T5 that would be open and available on Saturday morning?
Thanks in avance...
Old Jul 16, 2021, 9:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Collinson at T5? Open from 07:00-19:00 daily, I believe

They do rapid antigen test with turnaround time of 45-60 min.

https://www.collinsongroup.com/en/covid-19-testing

(They will be the one I will be using for Day 0-2 test on arrival at T5)

There might be a discount code on BA.com that will work:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-mt.../covid19-tests
Professor Yaffle likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Professor Yaffle
Heading to FAO tomorrow afternoon, and am sitting here nervously waiting for our PCR results to come back from ExpressTest.

Last time we used them a their LHR drive-thru, and the whole process was excellent - staff were fabulous and we got results the same evening.

Used Gatters drive thru this time, before 10am, and the staff were awful jobsworths (telling us we had to wear masks inside our own car, FFS). Results still not through, and I am getting nervous. I know they only guarantee receipt by 10pm tonight, but the recent online reviews arent that positive, and I worry about getting this resolved overnight if we dont get results through. You would think with the profits these companies are creaming in that the least they could do is man their phone lines or respond on Twitter. Particularly the 'premium' services recommended by BA

I guess the mose pertinent question is can someone recommend a decent option for very quick turn-around antigen tests (dont need PCR for Portugal now), either south of London, Brighton area or at LHR T5 that would be open and available on Saturday morning?
Thanks in avance...
I had the swab taken (for pcr) at LHR T4 drive through at 1.25pm yesterday and it’s now 5.22pm the next day and no test results. If they don’t appear in the next hour I’m going to go get a lateral flow this evening as my flight is at 8am tomorrow.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 12:53 pm

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
I had the same. 4 times back same day.

last time back at 6pm next day.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 1:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia

Is there anyone else that does 45-60min rapid testing in the UK?

Specifically Yorkshire Leeds/Bradford area?

Thanks for any replies
Old Jul 16, 2021, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, EY Plat, etc
Originally Posted by jeremyBA
I had the same. 4 times back same day.

last time back at 6pm next day.
Have used Collinson Drive through at Gatwick for Antigen, LAMP and PCR tests for two runs to and from Amber countries in the last 3 weeks and not a jobsworth in sight - quite the opposite in fact. One of them checking you in is (was) a 787 Capt so a reminder of how hard this crisis has hit Gatwick.

Antigen result in 25 Mins, LAMP by 10pm that day and PCRs from 11pm that night to 11am next day.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by polochick
I had the swab taken (for pcr) at LHR T4 drive through at 1.25pm yesterday and it’s now 5.22pm the next day and no test results. If they don’t appear in the next hour I’m going to go get a lateral flow this evening as my flight is at 8am tomorrow.
To update on this the PCR results came through at 8.47pm.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, for now at least...
To update on this the PCR results came through at 8.47pm.
Mine arrived at 21.35 on day after testing. Technically on time but way too stressful for my liking. Will go elsewhere next time. Hardly express or premium in my book.

FAO and Sagres here we come
paulaf likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 5:01 am

Mine arrived at 21.35 on day after testing. Technically on time but way too stressful for my liking. Will go elsewhere next time. Hardly express or premium in my book.

Yes agree - technically on time but was a little stressful, especially when I was in my car on the forecourt at T3 at 7.30pm trying to book the last lateral flow appointment of the day at 7.50pm as a back up in case the pcr results didn’t come back at which point the express test website crashed multiple times!
Old Jul 17, 2021, 5:17 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat

And welcome to the Algarve! It’s a balmy 26 degrees right now heading towards 30 later on.
Professor Yaffle and paulaf like this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 5:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Yes agree - technically on time but was a little stressful, especially when I was in my car on the forecourt at T3 at 7.30pm trying to book the last lateral flow appointment of the day at 7.50pm as a back up in case the pcr results didn’t come back at which point the express test website crashed multiple times!
I was swabbed at Brent Cross drive through at 9:50am yesterday. Thought going early might improve my chances of getting results early but so far nothing at 12:40pm next day. Have resigned myself to getting the results between 9 and 10pm tonight!!
Old Jul 17, 2021, 6:40 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia

Used them about 3 weeks ago for a rapid antigen test, before my flight to Italy, very efficient and good. There certainly is a BA code (it's on ba.com) and the £40 list price becomes £32
MaxFlyer and Gombak 44 like this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 6:50 am

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by BOH
Used them about 3 weeks ago for a rapid antigen test, before my flight to Italy, very efficient and good. There certainly is a BA code (it's on ba.com) and the £40 list price becomes £32
I used Collinson at the end of June, though at their Luton facility (SIL lives just outside of that town) for my antigen test to return to the USA. Got the result in about 30 mins, though for some reason I never got an email notification this go round. I only noticed the result by logging onto the web portal.

i also used.Collinson for my 5 day TTR. They advertised same day results if the sample was taken before 4PM. I had my swab taken about 9:30AM and got the result at around 10PM. I wish I had known about the BA discount for that test as that would have save 20 pounds.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 8:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Clan Loganair
Most countries (except US) is allowing travel if you have been fully vaccinated. You don't need test
Old Jul 17, 2021, 8:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by tattikat2
Is there anyone else that does 45-60min rapid testing in the UK?

Specifically Yorkshire Leeds/Bradford area?

Thanks for any replies
Manchester Airport has a 3h and 12h option, as well as the normal next day type service. Details can be found at:

https://man.randox.com/

I’m booked at Boots in Halifax on a Sunday afternoon for a Wednesday afternoon flight from MAN. The date and time of the swab will be 71h before departure which is the earliest I can book and remain within the 72h required by my destination.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.