Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Express Test PCR - recent experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2021, 12:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen

i also used.Collinson for my 5 day TTR. They advertised same day results if the sample was taken before 4PM. I had my swab taken about 9:30AM and got the result at around 10PM.
Can you do the 45-60min turnaround test at Collinson for the day 5 TTR?

Thanks for any replies
Old Jul 17, 2021, 12:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
Manchester Airport has a 3h and 12h option, as well as the normal next day type service. Details can be found at:

https://man.randox.com/

I’m booked at Boots in Halifax on a Sunday afternoon for a Wednesday afternoon flight from MAN. The date and time of the swab will be 71h before departure which is the earliest I can book and remain within the 72h required by my destination.
Thanks HarryKUK for your reply.

Is the 3hr option available for the 5 Day TTR test?

Thanks for any replies
Old Jul 17, 2021, 1:05 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by tattikat2
Can you do the 45-60min turnaround test at Collinson for the day 5 TTR?

Thanks for any replies
dont take my answer as gospel, as I can only relate to my experience, but a I think the 5 TTR is the full Monty PCR test, whereas the 45-60 min turn around test is just an antigen test. I took the cheaper/quicker antigen test for my return to the US as that meets the US CDC requirement. The 5 day TTR result I received specifically mentioned that it was for a 5 day TTR
Old Jul 17, 2021, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by Waggy
I was swabbed at Brent Cross drive through at 9:50am yesterday. Thought going early might improve my chances of getting results early but so far nothing at 12:40pm next day. Have resigned myself to getting the results between 9 and 10pm tonight!!
Results update - came through at 6:28pm
Old Jul 17, 2021, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
And welcome to the Algarve! It’s a balmy 26 degrees right now heading towards 30 later on.
so cooler than southern England at the moment.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 3:17 pm

Is Express Test and Collinson the same? They both seem to offer LHR T5 in terminal testing.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 3:20 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Voda_boy
Is Express Test and Collinson the same? They both seem to offer LHR T5 in terminal testing.
No, they are in separate places. Collinson in on the Arrivals floor near the National Express counter. ExpressTest is on the Departures level Zone G (so towards the South end).
Voda_boy likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 12:45 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by LordJohn
Most countries (except US) is allowing travel if you have been fully vaccinated. You don't need test
Surely the exact opposite? Most countries DO require tests even if you have been fully vaccinated.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 4:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Clan Loganair
Boh: You are wrong, sorry:.all of europe (if you are from eu or us), iceland, danemark, crotia, carribean, south america. Uk is still iffy on the list due to high delta and continued incidence.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 2:23 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
I'm giving ExpressTest a go next week for our kids fit to fly PCRs - main reason being that they are literally 5 minutes down the road from my house and 'guarantee' results by 10pm next day (although I've built in a bit of buffer there!), let's see how well it works.

As an aside, I'm a bit annoyed that it still came out at Ł76.80 each after the BA discount code, rather than the Ł57 quoted on the BA site, but am guessing I have no comeback there - pricing seems to be like the Wild West wherever you look. I'll just be happy if we get the results back in good time...
Old Aug 6, 2021, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Most countries (except US) is allowing travel if you have been fully vaccinated. You don't need test
Originally Posted by BOH
Surely the exact opposite? Most countries DO require tests even if you have been fully vaccinated.
Boh: You are wrong, sorry:.all of europe (if you are from eu or us), iceland, danemark, crotia, carribean, south america. Uk is still iffy on the list due to high delta and continued incidence.
I'm with Boh. If you take definition of 'most' to be more than 50% of the 195 countries in the world, outside of Europe there are few countries that allow entry (or allow you on to a flight) without any covid test just because you are vaccinated (though I will admit I haven't checked every single entry requirement!). Of those, typically the vaccination needs to be European/UK/USA so omits a vast proportion of the world's population as well. I realise context is everything and I presume LordJohn means for a UK citizen who has been vaccinated in the UK, many places a typical UK person might travel to don't need a test to fly if you are vaccinated (Europe and some economies highly reliant on tourism). But *most* countries/territories of the world do require a negative test either to travel, or on arrival, and many countries still have their borders closed to leisure travellers or non-residents.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by ratechaser
I'm giving ExpressTest a go next week for our kids fit to fly PCRs - main reason being that they are literally 5 minutes down the road from my house and 'guarantee' results by 10pm next day (although I've built in a bit of buffer there!), let's see how well it works.
We did the PCR for us and our son (just to be safe) to travel to DBV last Friday. 6:30pm booking and results came through at 9:40 pm the next day. Their website seems to have a backside covering clause that PCR results in some cases can take up to 48 hrs.

They delivered against SLA for us - but we were prepared to use our backup antigen home kits we ordered to return to the UK had this failed
Old Aug 6, 2021, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Is it possible to get a PCR or Express Test airside in T5 on return while transiting to Scotland?
Old Aug 6, 2021, 8:14 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Whitstabubble
We did the PCR for us and our son (just to be safe) to travel to DBV last Friday. 6:30pm booking and results came through at 9:40 pm the next day. Their website seems to have a backside covering clause that PCR results in some cases can take up to 48 hrs.

They delivered against SLA for us - but we were prepared to use our backup antigen home kits we ordered to return to the UK had this failed
Yes that asterisk against the "10pm next day guaranteed" did NOT go unnoticed! Have booked the tests 51 hours ahead of our flights to ensure that all bases were covered... as laterals are not an option for us...
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by charlesrhona
Is it possible to get a PCR or Express Test airside in T5 on return while transiting to Scotland?
If you're transiting to Scotland you won't be staying airside. Assuming that your're flying into LHR you will clear immigration at LHR and then have a domestic connection to Scotland. The following comment from C-W-S in the UK arrivals thread says:

Departures is in the area which was the George pub. It is physically behind G and H but that's because G is an island within landside. Arrivals is Collinson's previous space by the National Express area. Both are landside but serve different markets. Departures for those going away, Arrivals for crew, staff and arriving passengers. It may have changed in the last 24 hours but I would be surprised if it has. However even if it was airside, which I don't think it is, then by the time you get to the area by Plane Food by definition you would either have entered the UK Border or be departing the UK altogther. You can't do an international to Common Travel Area transit without passing the UK Border.

I asume the test is for a future departure as you won't get on the flight to LHR without a test in advance.

Last edited by Ardecos; Aug 6, 2021 at 9:53 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.