First Wing opening time

Old Sep 11, 2021, 2:02 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
About a 10 minute queue to reach a desk at the First Wing check-in area yesterday morning, a Friday, at 8 am. Then another five minutes for First Wing security, as just one belt was in operation. Busy but orderly.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 3:05 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
About a 10 minute queue to reach a desk at the First Wing check-in area yesterday morning, a Friday, at 8 am. Then another five minutes for First Wing security, as just one belt was in operation. Busy but orderly.
really? it took me almost 40mins.

i was at the first wing at 803am friday, i know because i looked at the monitor outside the entrance where i was behind 24 other people in the queue to enter the first wing lol. i was surprised at the queue, and once inside the entrance i was also surprised there was a queue despite 9 of the 11 stations opened. so it was quite busy, and while i came to greece and had my docs in order, i could hear myriad issues with pax on both sides of me (docs not in order, re-routes etc) which speaks to the many issues making check in much longer these days. until now ive only traveled off-hours (sat PM, weds PM) to avoid the crowds but was unavoidable yesterday. i was in the lounge at 840am, so 37mins from when i arrived at the FW to when i sat at my table in the lounge.

and yes the security line was a bit annoying since there queue was right up to the bp scanners. also the line was better than it could have been to enter the FW because they were pulling HBO people to a dedicated station at the end of the general biz check in area which helped the queue move along!
Old Sep 12, 2021, 2:34 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Ah, 40 minutes is a shame! Yes, the queue behind me lengthened rather quickly, and I suppose you must have been in there somewhere. If it helps for others trying to time it better, it looks like my Uber receipt shows I was dropped off at 7:54 am, so I was probably in the queue by 7:56 am.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 2:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
First Wing Security now opens at 5am.....went through today at 05.30. Was ordering my breakfast in F Lounge less than 5 minutes after dropping bags at FW checkin. Didn't know what to do with all the time I had!!
ExpatExp and Andrew35K like this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 12:50 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Is First Wing security now open all day again, or does it still close early?
Old Oct 19, 2021, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
I passed through at about 1800 on Sunday and it was open as normal.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hello, I've got a BAH booked (CW to Dubai again ) and because of the cost we seem to have been given "access" to the First Wing, is there any real difference opposed to using the normal fast track and CW desks?
Old Oct 20, 2021, 6:00 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Travellingberry
Hello, I've got a BAH booked (CW to Dubai again ) and because of the cost we seem to have been given "access" to the First Wing, is there any real difference opposed to using the normal fast track and CW desks?
generally the queue is shorter than the CW bag drop, security is quicker and you're in the lounge faster. But clearly if you look at the threads some people have been having problems
Travellingberry likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 3:15 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Going to try through first wing tomorrow Sunday at 5am, hoping for a early and quick breakfast😄
Old Dec 9, 2021, 6:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Not sure this exactly fits in here, but the thread is about TFW and I thought this was an observation worth nothing.

Since about a week ago the staff in TFW security are now ICTS employees and wear ICTS uniforms. Previously I believe they were HAL employees. Not sure if this is just TFW or all T5 security.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 6:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Sorry, duplicate
Old Jan 9, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: OW Emerald (AY Platinum), *A Gold (UA Premier Platinum), VS Silver, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Does anyone have any update on January opening times for the First Wing? Is it pretty much back to a routine these days or is it still in the habit of changing day by day?
Old Jan 9, 2022, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by HKGtoLHR
Does anyone have any update on January opening times for the First Wing? Is it pretty much back to a routine these days or is it still in the habit of changing day by day?
Hi

I believe it is back to the normal opening times of 0500 daily

Regards

Tbs
Old Jan 23, 2022, 11:15 am

Any reports on the current closing time of First Wing?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:41 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Does anyone know what time the First Wing and more importantly First Wing security is closing at now?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.