First Wing opening time

Old Aug 19, 2021, 11:39 pm
  #31  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Posts: 584
Today (Friday) the doors were pulled open for security bang on 6am, although only one of the PC managed to boot up in the first ten minutes!
stevebintley is offline  
Old Aug 20, 2021, 3:15 am
  #32  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Posts: 2,437
We have a flight leaving lhr at the ungodly hour of 6:35 am next week. I assume first-wing checkin will open at 5 and we'll have to use South security for all. Any one with definite information /help on early T5 flights please ?
firstlight is offline  
Old Aug 20, 2021, 3:18 am
  #33  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 43,729
Originally Posted by firstlight
We have a flight leaving lhr at the ungodly hour of 6:35 am next week. I assume first-wing checkin will open at 5 and we'll have to use South security for all. Any one with definite information /help on early T5 flights please ?
yes correct. As reported above it seems FW security is still opening at 6 so prior to that its fast track
KARFA is online now  
Old Aug 30, 2021, 3:24 pm
  #34  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 738
Is it still operating to a 2pm closing time?
oceanscape is offline  
Old Aug 30, 2021, 3:44 pm
  #35  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 64,964
Originally Posted by oceanscape
Is it still operating to a 2pm closing time?
For the security channel? Yes.
corporate-wage-slave is online now  
Old Aug 30, 2021, 5:00 pm
  #36  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: York, UK
Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Posts: 1,204
I used north security today around 3pm (no queues) and the staff there said the F Wing is opening later now, but it's sporadic, this was backed up by an agent in the F lounge who told me the same thing. They both said no one tells anyone new closing times though.

As I'd come off the HEX and was HBO I don't think the F Wing would have saved much time today (and if it had of been closed I'd have had to go back on myself to south security).
oceanscape likes this.
S_W_S is offline  
Old Aug 31, 2021, 9:41 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 738
Just used first wing security lane, still open at 4pm
oceanscape is offline  
Old Sep 1, 2021, 7:26 am
  #38  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 51
First wing access

Hello,

We have a BA economy ticket from LHR to MLA travelling on the 12th September 2021. I'm BA exec Silver and my partner is Bronze.

Can we use the first wing for check-in?
Where best for security and lounge access?

My partner is a little nervous as has not travelled for so long so would be good to avoid long queues if possible.

Thanks in advance.
Johnlr255 is offline  
Old Sep 1, 2021, 7:32 am
  #39  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Posts: 18,154
Originally Posted by Johnlr255
Hello,

We have a BA economy ticket from LHR to MLA travelling on the 12th September 2021. I'm BA exec Silver and my partner is Bronze.

Can we use the first wing for check-in?
Where best for security and lounge access?

My partner is a little nervous as has not travelled for so long so would be good to avoid long queues if possible.

Thanks in advance.
Hi.

As a silver ec member in club europe you cannot access first wing as it is for ec gold card holders and first class pax.

You can use the club world check in desks . Fast track security and the galleries club lounge at the south end of the terminal

Regards
Tbs
The _Banking_Scot is online now  
Old Sep 1, 2021, 7:41 am
  #40  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 51
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi.

As a silver ec member in club europe you cannot access first wing as it is for ec gold card holders and first class pax.

You can use the club world check in desks . Fast track security and the galleries club lounge at the south end of the terminal

Regards
Tbs
Hello,

Understood.
Thanks very much for the information.
Johnlr255 is offline  
Old Sep 1, 2021, 8:08 am
  #41  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 51
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi.

As a silver ec member in club europe you cannot access first wing as it is for ec gold card holders and first class pax.

You can use the club world check in desks . Fast track security and the galleries club lounge at the south end of the terminal

Regards
Tbs
Me again,

Is fast track security open at the south end of the terminal?
Johnlr255 is offline  
Old Sep 1, 2021, 8:12 am
  #42  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Posts: 18,154
Originally Posted by Johnlr255
Me again,

Is fast track security open at the south end of the terminal?
Hi.

Yes it is.

Regards
tbs
The _Banking_Scot is online now  
Old Sep 1, 2021, 8:17 am
  #43  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 51
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi.

Yes it is.

Regards
tbs
Thanks very much.
Johnlr255 is offline  
Old Sep 1, 2021, 2:39 pm
  #44  
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Programs: BAEC GGL
Posts: 46
First Wing security still open at 20:00 today
islandadventurer is offline  
Old Sep 11, 2021, 12:31 am
  #45  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Posts: 18,154
Saturday 0700

Hi

Arrived at t5 from the hi t2/3 just after 7am( had to wait 9 mins for a tube from t123 as j had just missed one.
departures area was relatively busy but no queues for first wing and went straight to security with no wait.

Regards

TBS
The _Banking_Scot is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.