Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Wing opening time

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2021, 8:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes I think TFW has been open more or less all the time since July last year - possibly with some days closed during lockdown 1 & 2. It’s been consistently open since the ends of March when I have been travelling again after lockdown 3, but with the reduced hours as noted.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, FB Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes I think TFW has been open more or less all the time since July last year - possibly with some days closed during lockdown 1 & 2. It’s been consistently open since the ends of March when I have been travelling again after lockdown 3, but with the reduced hours as noted.
Apologies - tomorrow's my first flight since October, so haven't been following this closely. thanks for quick responses
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond
I went through FW security at 9:30am today. No queue I was the only passenger
Old Jul 12, 2021, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Huge delays today

FW security still closed massive queues for normal security lines. Come early if you are flying today….
SxMan likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 6:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Does anyone know if the FW opening hours have been extended past 1400 post 19th July?
Old Jul 28, 2021, 6:57 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Certainly wasn't extended on the 19th July.

South "Fast Track" took me 25 minutes that afternoon, although there was only one person ahead of me when I joined the queue.
I am sure others are travelling today, otherwise I can check at TFW tomorrow morning to see if anything has changed.
Joe McGarey likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Joe McGarey
Does anyone know if the FW opening hours have been extended past 1400 post 19th July?
Hi,
I flew up from LHR to EDI on Fri 23rd . FW checkin was open at 1615 but was told FW security closed at 1415.

Only a few people in front in standard fast track. Then down and up the escalators to GF.

Regards

TBS
Joe McGarey likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 11:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
So, no change this morning from how it was before 19th July.

TFW Security still opens at 06:00 and closes at 14:15. The staff at TFW entrance said they had no news as to when these timings will change.
stevebintley and Joe McGarey like this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 2:39 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
It was heaving this morning with only 1 side open. In my opinion, if the staff spent less time .....ing about stuff and more time doing, things would move far faster! Twice I have been through in the last week and the staff have been loud and vocal about being unhappy about the direction they have been given - so appeared to be working in ‘huff’ mode, not to the advantage of the paying customers!!

aks120
SxMan likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 9:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
First check in open but horrenduously slow - 20 mins wait when first in queue. Then First Wing Closed, so another delay. 5 mins in GF before boarding - not happy.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
I’m due to be back in the air on Friday after 17-months, can’t wait! It’ll be my first time as Gold so was looking forward to experiencing First Wing; is it still not opening until 6am?

I’m on the 0750 to EDI, which usually would be fine for a 6am arrival, but I don’t know how bad queues will be these days (especially on a Friday) and I also wanted to get a decent time in the F lounge for a change! Reckon I should just head straight for normal security after arriving by bus?
Old Aug 15, 2021, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
So, no change this morning from how it was before 19th July.

TFW Security still opens at 06:00 and closes at 14:15. The staff at TFW entrance said they had no news as to when these timings will change.
With more flights you would have thought there might be some thought to opening TFW earlier. I am on an 06.50 flight this week so would want to go through at 05.30. Don't like the idea of trekking all the way round the 'scenic' route to the First Lounge, when it is just 50 metres from TFW check-in
Old Aug 15, 2021, 11:41 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by JSM8
With more flights you would have thought there might be some thought to opening TFW earlier. I am on an 06.50 flight this week so would want to go through at 05.30. Don't like the idea of trekking all the way round the 'scenic' route to the First Lounge, when it is just 50 metres from TFW check-in
Presumably it’s currently running on only one shift for the security team. So if it were to open earlier it would have to close earlier.

I imagine the hours will only be extended once BA feels it can justify paying HAL to staff two shifts - which, given how relatively few flights there are still are after around 1500, may not be for a while yet.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Opened at 6.15am today (Sunday).

Bit annoying as I was there at 5.30 .... could still check in there however.
kosy91 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 8:19 am

Arrived at TFW just after 14:15 this afternoon. Checked in my bag but security already closed.

There was a queue of maybe 30 for fast track south - basically only one lane open because "the other one is broken".

Was advised to go through normal security which as you can imagine wasn't the quickest experience ever. Apparently the 14:15 TFW security closure is BA's decision whereas the allocation of staff in normal security is down to LHR security - therefore TFW closes irrespective of how normal fast track and normal security are running. Wonderful joined-up thinking.
SxMan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.