London City parking

Old Jun 16, 21, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver,
London City parking

I have booked a day trip to EDI on BA next Week. Had planned to park at LCY but their website gives no availability. The parking telephone number and that of LCY dId not answer. Will probably park at one of the nearby hotels but would have preferred on site since arriving back just before curfew. Does anybody know what is going on?
Old Jun 16, 21, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
I think it must be some sort of glitch, as there’s definitely not been a shortage of parking spaces there lately. Third party websites seem to be offering availability. Have you tried tweeting them?

Alternatively the Travelodge is only around 5 minutes walk from the terminal entrance and costs £15 for 24 hours.

Last edited by EJetter; Jun 16, 21 at 1:18 pm
Old Jun 16, 21, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for that Will try 3rd parties
Old Jun 17, 21, 11:52 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold
I parked at LCY for the day yesterday. The car park was nigh on empty and so easily parked in one of many available spaces closest to the terminal. I only booked parking 3 days prior to the trip which cost £24 (reduced from £37) with Holidayextras. This is a very good price which is why I took it. At £37 I would have accepted a lift from wifey instead.
Old Jun 18, 21, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bluekjp View Post
I parked at LCY for the day yesterday. The car park was nigh on empty and so easily parked in one of many available spaces closest to the terminal. I only booked parking 3 days prior to the trip which cost £24 (reduced from £37) with Holidayextras. This is a very good price which is why I took it. At £37 I would have accepted a lift from wifey instead.
Tried several 3rd parties. Some were in the £50's but like you got the Holidayextras £24 offer.
Old Sep 13, 21, 6:40 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Just booked via Holiday Extras for a long weekend ski trip next Feb. Just to say thank you for saving me £9 compared with the official site.
Old Sep 13, 21, 7:00 am

One additional question on this. I'll be driving there from Kent, arriving at about 7am. Would anyone happen to know whether the Woolwich Ferry is a sensible alternative to the Blackwall Tunnel?
Old Sep 13, 21, 7:06 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by dca100 View Post
One additional question on this. I'll be driving there from Kent, arriving at about 7am. Would anyone happen to know whether the Woolwich Ferry is a sensible alternative to the Blackwall Tunnel?
Crossing before 7 I wouldn’t expect the tunnel to be too awful.
Old Sep 13, 21, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by lcylocal View Post
Crossing before 7 I wouldn’t expect the tunnel to be too awful.
Thanks! Was also mulling a plan C: park at Woolwich Arsenal and take a short hop on DLR.
It's been a while (pre-CV-19) since I've been through LCY. If I get held-up can I still get through security inside 40 mins?.
Old Sep 13, 21, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Just take a look at the current diversions in pace around LCY on the roads, have been some pretty strange ones over the last few months which have directed you to various back entrances and detours. Hopefully they're largely complete now.
Old Sep 13, 21, 10:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Diamond
I had a look the other day at one day of parking whilst on a potential DUB trip and no results. Put 2 days parking in and it was happy with that.
Chose LHR instead.
Old Sep 13, 21, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by rjhcambs View Post
I have booked a day trip to EDI on BA next Week. Had planned to park at LCY but their website gives no availability.
Yes, the parking website is fairly pants - and if you get through on the phone it is an office in Manchester.

It won't take less than 24hrs. So for day trip, you actually have to put in from arrival time on day one to the same time on day two - then it works!
Old Jun 16, 22, 10:58 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Reviving this one, I need to park at or near City next week (Tuesday to Friday), and the LCY parking website shows no availability. That might even be true, I can't imagine I'm the only one taking a car rather than trying to take a non-existent train. I am (unlike the original poster) approaching from the north (East Anglia).

Can anyone suggest any good places to park near LCY that are likely to have space? Ideal budget is up to the cost of the onsite parking, and ideally something pre-bookable to have some confidence of getting a space to park.

Any opinions of parking at Excel for several days?

I'm aware of the Travelodge's parking (which now seems to say "Not a park and fly car park", but I'm not sure they'd know) but this is not pre-bookable and I have the idea it might end up quite full next week. Other suggestions are welcome!
Old Jun 16, 22, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Spire; RR Gold
Might be worth taking a look at the Dockside Road car park in the grounds of the Rowing club, opposite the LCY Moxy & Travelodge? It's available on JustPark, although as it's open you can't really reserve a space. About a 15 min walk from there to the terminal, there's a passenger bridge on the Excel side of Connaught Bridge.
Old Jun 16, 22, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by dakaix View Post
Might be worth taking a look at the Dockside Road car park in the grounds of the Rowing club, opposite the LCY Moxy & Travelodge? It's available on JustPark
Definitely a possibility. How far ahead of arrival can you book with Justpark? Can you rock up and book then, or is there a minimum time before arrival?

Search this Thread