Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Launch BHD to GLA/LBA/EXT and NQY

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2021, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
BA Launch BHD to GLA/LBA/EXT and NQY

BA Launching CityFlyer services direct from Belfast City. ITA currently only showing Economy tickets from 2nd of August onwards (and pricey - £190 for N class eco). Hopefully they will come down as more are loaded, and introduce CE on the routes.

Last edited by efincomputer; Jun 16, 2021 at 12:27 pm
Old Jun 16, 2021, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by efincomputer
BA Launching CityFlyer services direct from Belfast City. ITA currently only showing Economy tickets from 2nd of August onwards (and pricey - £190 for N class eco). Hopefully they will come down as more are loaded, and introduce CE on the routes.
....if only they launched GLA/EDI to NQY!
Old Jun 16, 2021, 1:15 pm

Some of these (EXT / LBA) have actually already been operating this week to replace Aer Lingus Regional after Stobart Air went bust. Good use of the otherwise rather idle fleet !
efincomputer likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 1:19 pm

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by pazza2000
....if only they launched GLA/EDI to NQY!
They already have LM (from EDI) and LM and U2 (from GLA). 3 airlines flying GLA-NQY might be a bit much.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 1:22 pm

You can now book NQY-LHR via BFS, in addition to the direct NQY-LHR direct flights.

And Wednesdays have a very nifty connection, presumably the same aircraft operating LCY 1435 BFS 1600 / BFS 1635 NQY 1750, sold as a through ticket for around £150.

Same great connection on the return - NQY 1825 BFS 1940 // BFS 2015 LCY 2140.

Last edited by MrSimonR; Jun 16, 2021 at 3:23 pm
Old Jun 16, 2021, 2:49 pm

the presumption being these are semi-temporary? when UK LCY and Med/Euro routes reopen -BHD will be ditched?
Any CE for GLA-BHD 19 mins at peak altitude?
Old Jun 16, 2021, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by efincomputer
Bookable in CE on expedia and most OTAs along with LCY-BFS-NQY through tickets in CE.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 5:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
The collapse of Stobart Air is obviously a tragedy for those employed by the company and my heart goes out to them, but could the pandemic prove BA/BACF's ticket to a return to the regions? With some of the smaller players falling by the wayside there is certainly an opportunity there for those routes where the A320s/737s of U2 and FR are too big. Loganair and Eastern are the main alternative operators, but as we've seen with the MME-LHR codeshare, there is opportunity for collaboration.

I would think there is an opportunity for a robust BA regional network to emerge over the next couple of years, perhaps not to the scale of BACON et al previously, but certainly enough for the group to allow viable point to point regional UK flying. The corporate market out of LCY is unlikely to recover for a few years, if ever, so this would represent a golden opportunity.
nancypants and PGberkshire like this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 11:46 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by TraumaDoc
…could the pandemic prove BA/BACF's ticket to a return to the regions? With some of the smaller players falling by the wayside there is certainly an opportunity there for those routes where the A320s/737s of U2 and FR are too big. Loganair and Eastern are the main alternative operators, but as we've seen with the MME-LHR codeshare, there is opportunity for collaboration.
I'd like to see LM brought into closer affiliation with BA again - ideally as a franchise, but otherwise a blanket codeshare and earn/burn relationship. oneworld connect maybe?

I'm not sure of the details/union agreements that prevent CJ from operating at LHR/LGW, but if that could be resolved, CJ feed to mainline could be useful on thinner domestic routes that BA are too big for. Especially if it protects LHR slots for a few years while mainline frequencies recover.

CJ to LHR/LGW + CJ regional point to point + LM codeshares... seems like a idea from the 90s, but might be viable in the current market.
TraumaDoc likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 2:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA flights from Exeter, whatever next.
Nikko5 and BlackSkyuk like this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum
Is it just me or is the BHD - GLA service one way only? If so that’s no a lot of use.
Edit... I’ll take that back, I am now seeing the return flights available.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 5:47 am

There are some triangle patterns as well as "W" patterns - e.g. Monday is

Aircraft 1) LCY-BHD-LBA-BHD-LCY
Aircraft 2) LCY-BHD-EXT-BHD-LCY
Aircraft 3) LCY-BHD-GLA-LCY
Aircraft 4) LCY-GLA-BHD-LCY

Looks like an aircraft then stops over for the weekend instead of going back to London on Friday night, operating BHD-NQY-BHD-EXT-BHD on Saturday and BHD-LBA-BHD-EXT-BHD-LCY on Sunday
Old Jun 17, 2021, 10:28 am

Mainline EI also now to operate DUB-GLA. Was that route ever a BA codeshare?
Old Jun 17, 2021, 1:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
BA passengers at BHD no longer able to use the lounge. Pay on entry or priority pass.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by gw76
Mainline EI also now to operate DUB-GLA. Was that route ever a BA codeshare?
I hope the move to mainline (and presumably at least an A319) doesn’t result in reduced frequency. EI Regional were always able to charge a premium over FR on this route because they had half a dozen flights a day.
efincomputer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.