Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Launch BHD to GLA/LBA/EXT and NQY

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2021, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Disappointing to hear BA have severed ties with the lounges at LBA, I believe they were accepting BA pax when the service first launched?
I guess it'll be PP to the rescue!
Old Jul 28, 2021, 2:21 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Originally Posted by Dog250
Flew LBA-BHD on Sunday. Thought I'd give an update.
No online check-in.
Fast Track Security (BAEC Silver).
No Lounge.
​​​​​No Priority Boarding.
Flight was fairly busy. No one in CE.
Got offered cold drinks and packet of crisps/brownie in ET.
Woman in front of me was constantly coughing (said she was fine). Cabin crew checked up on her often. I'm half expecting a call from track and trace!

On another note, does anyone know if the BHD-GLA flights are continuing after August? They're very handy for me visiting home (especially the Friday pm flight!) I presume the new Aer Lingus regional will pick them up?

Thanks!
​​
On this point of no online check-in at LBA, it's important to remember to pick up paper boarding cards at your start point if doing an immediate 35 minute turnaround in LBA as I did last week.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 2:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Originally Posted by layz
Tayto gives the game away that these are catered at BHD. Not sure whether that's normal or a one off
Those are Southern (ROI) Tayto though! Matches with what another poster said about meals being prepared in Dublin and transferred up.
noniron likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 4:07 am

Programs: Aer Club Silver | BAEC Bronze | ALL Silver | Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by S_W_S
Disappointing to hear BA have severed ties with the lounges at LBA, I believe they were accepting BA pax when the service first launched?
I guess it'll be PP to the rescue!
The man at reception said that they hadn't been accepting BA passengers since they axed the LHR route.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 4:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Dog250
The man at reception said that they hadn't been accepting BA passengers since they axed the LHR route.
How odd, I'm sure there were reports on here or on Twitter that the lounge was accepting BA pax.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
It was a few weeks ago, as reported by KARFA. I also used it on the same day.

I'm guessing BA told LBA they weren't getting paid for it so that arrangement quickly ended..!
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 2:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I don't know if this is being replicated for the other BACF BHD routes. LBA has now been extended in to September and October, and goes to 8x weekly from mid September and up to 10x weekly from October.
BlackSkyuk, S_W_S and Bluekjp like this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 2:57 pm

Glasgow continuing also to October.
efincomputer, KARFA and Dog250 like this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gw76
Glasgow continuing also to October.
This is welcome news :-). Will keep my fingers crossed that they consider extending it further - but i guess that will depend on demand and loads on the route.
Dog250 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 2:24 am

think its just dependent on the Aer Aerann EI Regional / Emerald replacement
Old Jul 29, 2021, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Blue :(
Looks like Belfast - Exeter is also staying till end of October.
Bluekjp likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gw76
think its just dependent on the Aer Aerann EI Regional / Emerald replacement
Partly but the return of demand from LCY will also play into it. Emerald are planning to be up and running in October, but as they are starting from scratch, it will take a while. I would guess that opening a BHD base and securing the necessary UK permissions/certificates/leases will take time too. Based on that, I would guess we will see Cityflyer on these routes until the Summer 2022 timetable.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Nothing against BHD but I do wish BA opened new horizons from GLA, it always seems where competition already exists and on ever so short sectors. Now ZRH , Paris, BRU, Roma would be something nice....🤪
efincomputer likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 7:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Apparently Emerald Airlines which was supposed to take over the Aer Lingus regional flights in 2023 are looking to bring that forward to January 2022. So depending on how well BACF is doing on these routes and possible need for aircraft/crew on normal LCY routes, perhaps BACF will extend to the end of the year and then withdraw in favour of Emerald in 2022.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...-january-2022/
Kranebitten likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BlackSkyuk
I did that flight last week and I got a normal CE service. If you look on this thread you can see photos of the meals I was served. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...g-guide-9.html
Received a (frankly insulting) reply to my complaint about the wrap and the Taytos, insisting that this is perfectly normal at the current time and I've only myself to blame for not reading the information about such gourmet cuisine that is "very clear on our website".

My response back to BA wasn't as polite as my original enquiry...

I'm sorry to hear you're disappointed with your recent experience when travelling with us from Belfast. I understand why you've contacted us about this.

You've expressed your concern, that the food and drink available on board didn't meet your expectations.

We've made changes to the food and drink we serve on board, and again this is advised on our website. We take our commitment to your safety, comfort and well-being very seriously which is why we’ve made changes to our onboard service to minimise food preparation on our aircraft. We’ve worked closely with food and health experts when developing the catering options we have decided to provide. Again, we made this information very clear on our website and I'm sorry to hear you didn't make yourself aware of this prior to your departure.

I've logged your comments about this and they will be fed back to the relevant teams within British Airways. We always welcome feedback from our customers, as it gives us a chance to improve the service we provide. We're grateful to you for taking the time to share your opinions with us.

Once again, thanks for contacting us and I'm sorry about your recent experience. If there's anything else I can help with, please feel free to contact me using the link below.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.