Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Impressed with Qured for return to England tests

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2021, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Booked through BA using 15% discount code.

Self administer tests received next day by courier (bit cheeky to charge for 2 x couriers for 4 tests when they came on the same bike).

Easy to book appointments within 72 hour window.

Logged on at the appointed time and spoke with lovely Neil in the Philippines. Tests straight forward to use. 4 tests completed within 20 minutes with Neil watching and talking us through each stage of the process.

Results to be read 15-20 minutes after taking the test and emailed in a 10 minute window.

3 out of 4 results delivered within minutes. The 4th result took just under 3 hours. Certificates verified by VeriFly within minutes.

Fingers crossed Portugal does not go amber before Sunday.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 9:25 am

Great. I ordered Qured and they arrived today. How do you administer the tests? Are they exclusively nostrils?
Old Jun 3, 2021, 9:41 am

I've been impressed with them too. Used them about a dozen times now and the process is very straightforward and the results come quickly.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Ben1989
How do you administer the tests? Are they exclusively nostrils?
It depends on the test type they send. My mum and I ordered on the same day and she got a kit that was nostrils only and I got one that was nose and throat. I'd be interested to hear what you get.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Ours were nostrils only.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 1:59 am

I haven't opened them yet. I will later. The reason I ask is I will be travelling with my 4 year old who will need a test and flat out will not allow swabs in her throat. Nostrils she likes as they tickle her haha. She asked to do it again when we did a test on her recently.
argonath likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by Ben1989
I haven't opened them yet. I will later. The reason I ask is I will be travelling with my 4 year old who will need a test and flat out will not allow swabs in her throat. Nostrils she likes as they tickle her haha. She asked to do it again when we did a test on her recently.
Return to UK tests are only needed for over 11s so your 4 year old will not require
Old Jun 4, 2021, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
Return to UK tests are only needed for over 11s so your 4 year old will not require
EvilDoctorK I read this as meaning that tests are only needed for children aged 12 and over (i.e. over 11) and was kicking myself as my kids are 11. However gov.uk says “Children aged under 11 do not need to take a test” which I take to mean children aged 11 and over are required to test.

That said, when adding my kids to my PLF the form asked me to tick if they are aged 12-17 and did not request their Day 2 test booking reference which perhaps suggests a test is not needed.

Either way it’s done now and the paperwork is approved by VeriFLY so I have peace of mind if nothing else.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 5:33 am

Sorry I should have been more clear. We're going to USA so anybody over 2 years old requires one (unfortunately)
EvilDoctorK likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by Newly Wed
EvilDoctorK I read this as meaning that tests are only needed for children aged 12 and over (i.e. over 11) and was kicking myself as my kids are 11. However gov.uk says “Children aged under 11 do not need to take a test” which I take to mean children aged 11 and over are required to test.

That said, when adding my kids to my PLF the form asked me to tick if they are aged 12-17 and did not request their Day 2 test booking reference which perhaps suggests a test is not needed.

Either way it’s done now and the paperwork is approved by VeriFLY so I have peace of mind if nothing else.
My understanding of the legal position is that

'Pre Departure' ( for return to UK ) test is not required for under 11s
Day 2/8 testing is not required for under 5s
Test to release can be done for any ages if you want.

So in theory the PLF form should logically ask for the testing reference for all 5 and over .. if it's only asking for over 12s that seems wrong ( but shh )

\
Old Jun 5, 2021, 2:58 am

My understanding of the legal position is that

'Pre Departure' ( for return to UK ) test is not required for under 11s
Day 2/8 testing is not required for under 5s
Test to release can be done for any ages if you want.

So in theory the PLF form should logically ask for the testing reference for all 5 and over .. if it's only asking for over 12s that seems wrong ( but shh )
Having just filled out my own forms it does indeed seem there's no option to input the Day 2/8 testing references for kids under 12 ... Strange given that legally it's required ( and I guess Border force can still ask for evidence of it)
Old Jun 5, 2021, 11:29 am

Programs: AC, AS, BA Silver/OW Sapphire, DL, SQ/*A Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Cannot see a green list day-2 only test. Is there any solution for that...?
Old Jun 5, 2021, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Doors Closing
I used Randox with the BA 50% discount - makes it £60 .. still expensive of course, but one of the cheaper ones ... There are theoretically ones £5-10 cheaper, but they all seem to have issues and aren't taking orders
Old Jun 5, 2021, 11:44 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Ordered the test, posting date of a few days later displayed on the website and it turned up exactly when they said it would. Had the video appointment yesterday, warned results were taking 4hrs as they were so busy. Had the certificate in 18 minutes. All accepted onto VeriFLY and mobile boarding pass issued.

Perfect!
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Doors Closing
I used Randox with the BA 50% discount - makes it £60 .. still expensive of course, but one of the cheaper ones ... There are theoretically ones £5-10 cheaper, but they all seem to have issues and aren't taking orders

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.