Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Impossible connection

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2021, 2:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
what is the reason you didn't call and rebook for a different ABZ flight as I suggested up thread?

i would very strongly suggest you do that rather than treat this as an experiment in to how BA's (not necessarily reliable!) systems work.
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 2:34 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by alvinlwh
So... 4 months had passed. I am now sitting in London with my flight home in less than 48 hours. No contact from BA except for the standard preflight covid information email. I am still on BA1314 - BA4038, 1600-1735 and 1730-1820.
​​
The advise still the same? No need to panic, no need to be concerned and BA's effective system will sweep such problems up? Or BA have some other magic to solve this time paradox?
I wish you the best of luck
Old Oct 12, 2021, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, sorry I should have expanded my first post. So yes at some point BA will pick up on the misconnect and either rebook or contact you - but if you know what you want to rebook to already just call them and ask.
Originally Posted by KARFA
what is the reason you didn't call and rebook for a different ABZ flight as I suggested up thread?

i would very strongly suggest you do that rather than treat this as an experiment in to how BA's (not necessarily reliable!) systems work.
You (and others) also said "at some point" BA will pick up the problem and contact me. No, I do not know what flights to pick, so I did not contact them. Also, many comments up thread were telling me that I was panicking, my flight is ages away, etc... So I just forgotten about the problem until I received the preflight email from them today. Up thread it seems that many are saying BA system is quite reliable in picking up such problems, well perhaps no.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 2:56 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
On balance I think a call tomorrow morning first thing to BA may be of benefit to your travel plans.
KARFA and PGberkshire like this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 2:57 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by alvinlwh
You (and others) also said "at some point" BA will pick up the problem and contact me. No, I do not know what flights to pick, so I did not contact them. Also, many comments up thread were telling me that I was panicking, my flight is ages away, etc... So I just forgotten about the problem until I received the preflight email from them today. Up thread it seems that many are saying BA system is quite reliable in picking up such problems, well perhaps no.
yes and they should have done, but clearly they didn't. i didn't think you would just do nothing though - i did give you a large hint that if you know what you want instead you should call. i think you have been around long enough to know sometimes ba's systems are not always 100% efficient

i would suggest you call tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.