Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Portugal

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2021, 1:41 am

Programs: Ba gold
Has any good FT’er here entered Portugal since the change to acceptance of NHS COVID pass on oct 8th ? Seems the news has filtered through to the Portuguese press now but one or two Twitter stories yesterday regarding Portugal border force officers still asking for negative test results.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 4:42 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
[deleted]

while i missed the point of your question, the timatic issues remain for me in the reverse. while we do not need tests to return to the UK or continue to AMS as i am leaving a schengen country and only in the UK for 12hrs...timatic seems to indicate one still needs a test to return to the UK...and the BA docs verification people continue rejecting me. so, it all seems quite imperfect.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 5:42 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by darrencobb
Has any good FT’er here entered Portugal since the change to acceptance of NHS COVID pass on oct 8th ? Seems the news has filtered through to the Portuguese press now but one or two Twitter stories yesterday regarding Portugal border force officers still asking for negative test results.
flew back last Monday, after the rule changes. Used verifly (after it was updated on the Sunday) and had no problems at all. Check in didn’t ask for any documents. Went straight through Portuguese immigration and used egate at LHR.

*Ah, just noticed you’re asking about entry, rather than exit…sorry.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by bafan
flew back last Monday, after the rule changes. Used verifly (after it was updated on the Sunday) and had no problems at all. Check in didn’t ask for any documents. Went straight through Portuguese immigration and used egate at LHR.

*Ah, just noticed you’re asking about entry, rather than exit…sorry.

yes, the reverse trip was what I was trying to gleam information on, I’m flying out tomorrow myself so will report my arrival experience here.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 6:34 am

I entered FAO on 8 Oct and all that is required is a negative lateral flow test. There is no requirement for any proof of vaccination.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
I entered FAO on 8 Oct and all that is required is a negative lateral flow test. There is no requirement for any proof of vaccination.
There seems to be some crossed wires in the last few posts, in trying to answer the question posed after 5.20pm last Friday 8th October, the time that UK Gov said NHS Vax certificates were accepted in Portugal and made fit to fly redundant.

What we need to hear from is someone who has flown into Portugal since Friday. I’m flying on Sunday, had tests booked at LHR which I’ve now cancelled, but seeing mixed messages on various forums and sites. I’m erring on the fact that UK Gov advice is good but have a small concern with some saying BA are still asking to see negative test results (regardless of Vax status).

Hoping someone can give up to date and reliable info on BA procedure.
Keystone and wb1969 like this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 9:25 am

yes, the reverse trip was what I was trying to gleam information on, I’m flying out tomorrow myself so will report my arrival experience here.
i will say that on our outbound flight to LIS, we just submitted the docs via MMB, got the confirmation from BA and then no one asked for proof/hard copies at any point during the journey…
Old Oct 12, 2021, 10:17 am

i will say that on our outbound flight to LIS, we just submitted the docs via MMB, got the confirmation from BA and then no one asked for proof/hard copies at any point during the journey…
So are you saying that on-line check-in via BA MMB has a facility to upload Vax certificates etc? Or does everyone have to present themselves at a Check-in desk in T5?
Old Oct 12, 2021, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Newbury newbie
There seems to be some crossed wires in the last few posts, in trying to answer the question posed after 5.20pm last Friday 8th October, the time that UK Gov said NHS Vax certificates were accepted in Portugal and made fit to fly redundant.

What we need to hear from is someone who has flown into Portugal since Friday. I’m flying on Sunday, had tests booked at LHR which I’ve now cancelled, but seeing mixed messages on various forums and sites. I’m erring on the fact that UK Gov advice is good but have a small concern with some saying BA are still asking to see negative test results (regardless of Vax status).

Hoping someone can give up to date and reliable info on BA procedure.

im flying tomorrow so will update if I make it in without a test !
camdentown and babyg_wc like this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 10:35 am

Well done Darren - taking one for the team!! Well, hopefully not! I’ll be looking for your feedback.
Keystone and camdentown like this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Newbury newbie
So are you saying that on-line check-in via BA MMB has a facility to upload Vax certificates etc? Or does everyone have to present themselves at a Check-in desk in T5?
Yes. At least I took a screenshot of my vax cert and MMB accepted that…
Old Oct 12, 2021, 12:26 pm

Ive got a few LHR/FAO flights this month - including LHR-FAO on the 17th, so keen to hear how people get on without the tests. Also the loading is close to 100%, club full back to row 12 and the spare seats that are there are going for big bucks, strangely thou you can still buy reward seats on the flights with only a couple of seats left... this seems to be a new play from BA (filling seats with reward fares)..
Old Oct 12, 2021, 3:40 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
A few months ago BA made a contract with Sherpa to provide travel advice within BA.com on the various restrictions which apply. Sherpa's data for Portugal has changed in the last day or so to say that the NHS Covid pass is OK for Portugal - which it should do since there is a reciprocal arrangement in place. Previously - and still in the top section of the advice area - the Sherpa advice mentions this reciprocal option to avoiding tests, without spelling out clearly that the NHS App / letter is OK. It was somewhat vague. But now if you drop down to the documentation area, it is clear in two places that the NHS vaccine proof works instead of testing.

Old Oct 13, 2021, 11:01 am

How did you get on today? Manage to check-in without a “fit to fly” test?
Old Oct 13, 2021, 11:32 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Yes. At least I took a screenshot of my vax cert and MMB accepted that…
Ditto - Very easy facility in MMB to upload the information/certificates you need either scans or PDFs. You get an e-mail about this from BA about 56 hours before the flight time. Don't do it until 48 hours though, because you need to have done the UK or Portugal form first and attach that and these are at 48 hours before flight time.
Once you've done that , you can check-in online from 24 hours before the flight. Formalities at the airport once you've done this are minimal (at least at LHR, we'll see tomorrow at FAO when I fly back!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.