Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trivial thread alert - BA hold music

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2021, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Trivial thread alert - BA hold music

So I've just come off the silver line and I must complement BA on the hold music! I haven't heard it before, a nice relaxing floaty number with acoustic guitar over a slow, chill-type beat, like the kind of thing you would hear at a spa or a beach bar. I think it changed to said track after being connected to an agent (who was very efficient), does anyone know what it is?
Old May 28, 2021, 4:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Unless it has changed it's Flower Duet.

It's fine until you've heard "Did you know you can do most things at BA.com?" For the umpteenth time whilst calling about something that cannot be done at BA.com. The messages over the top are really grating.
Old May 28, 2021, 4:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
If you get put through to the Avios call centre in Warrington (as I imagine may be the case for many today) you get different music.
Old May 28, 2021, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by S_W_S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZidtThON1A

It's fine until you've heard "Did you know you can do most things at BA.com?" For the umpteenth time whilst calling about something that cannot be done at BA.com. The messages over the top are really grating.
It’s definitely not Flower Duet!
Old May 28, 2021, 4:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by sigma421
If you get put through to the Avios call centre in Warrington (as I imagine may be the case for many today) you get different music.
I'd forgotten about that, after listening to Flower Duet lots and inadvertently ending up with the Avios team in one call I found their music quite brash and in your face compared to Flower Duet (it certainty wasn't calming and gave me quite the shock as I wasn't expecting it!).
Old May 28, 2021, 4:41 am

Programs: BAEC

Another part of my soul snapped off hearing that. It's the small silence at the end when you think someone's has answered that gets me every time.
Old May 28, 2021, 4:46 am

A rendition of Blaydon Races would be ideal for holding from Newcastle call centre.
Old May 28, 2021, 6:29 am

Yes, and this isn't just BA
I was trying to deal with my council waste collection the other day and was constantly referred to their website, but the specifics of my case couldn't be handled online. Much like whenever I phone BA (open jaw avios 2-4-1 ticket, routing involving a codeshare not shown online, any other complexities of frequent flyer life.
If I'm calling it is because I have tried online and it just isn't possible!!!! I wish there was a menu option to press 'if you have tried online and are unable to complete your request, please press X'. Then cut out these rediculously patronising 'reminders'
T8191 likes this.
Old May 28, 2021, 8:59 am

Originally posted by passy777:

A rendition of Blaydon Races would be ideal for holding from Newcastle call centre.
Ideally the Five Smith Brothers version from around 1950 with the "its a laaang road" comment about Scotswood Road.

If FT had a call centre, then appropriate hold music might be something by the CWS Manchester Brass Band. No connection, as far as I know, to our C_W_S, but it fits if you play down the Manchester bit.
passy777 likes this.

Last edited by RGS5526; May 28, 2021 at 9:00 am Reason: Fixed typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.