FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Introducing MyFlightPath.club - flights tracker and shared calendar for BA flyers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2041044-introducing-myflightpath-club-flights-tracker-shared-calendar-ba-flyers.html)

megaloman May 26, 2021 8:16 am

Introducing MyFlightPath.club - flights tracker and shared calendar for BA flyers

Hello 👋

You've probably seen me poking around the British Airways forum from time to time. I've learned a lot from the FlyerTalk community, so it's my time to give something back.

I used to record my flights on flightdiary.net - a little wee site put together by a former FlightRadar24 employee. This site is now gone and merged into FR24 main site. While it's great, it has a few minor issues which really irritated me - once merged into FR24 it would no longer allow incomplete dates, it would also suggest wrong airports for common routes. Just tried adding QR4 and it would pick by default the old DOH airport, not a new one. Minor details, most people don't care about, but I did...

So here's the MyFligthPath.club - it started as a clone of flightdiary.net, it now has some added extra features. It's been tested by a few of my FT friends, but it's still pretty much work in progress - e.g. maps need a rework. But I think it's in a good shape and form to share it with a wider community here on FT. So here it is:

MyFlightPath.club

Main features include:
  • your travel map, example here: myflightpath.club/@megaloman
  • your travel diary, example here: myflightpath.club/@gustavmahler/diary
  • calendar view who's flying this week or month: myflightpath.club/calendar
  • calendar export feed in iCal format, so can be added to your Gmail, Outlook and other Calendar tools
  • detailed stats
  • privacy settings, so you can hide your map, your diary or your flights on shared calendar
  • import from other commonly used flight tracking tools - like BA97, FlightRadar24, myFlightsApp or Tripit (via TripExporter)
  • import from a custom CSV
  • friends - you can link with other travellers on the platform and e.g. share your travel calendar with friends only

Two handy features specific for British Airways forum:
Note on adding new flights:
  • you only need a date (can be incomplete, e.g. `May 1999`) and departure + arrival airports - all other information is optional, but useful if you want more detailed stats
  • if you want to add a number of flights in one go, use custom CSV import, create a CSV file as instructed and as many flights you want - import does not remove previously entered flights

Plan for the future is to add more useful features, fix bugs and improve. There's a TP calculator for a membership year based on your entered flights in works already, should make it easier to track your status requirements. Other features include flight alerts and importing flights from email.

I'd love to hear your constructive feedback 😊 Feel free to reply to this thread or send a message with feedback to myflightpath.club - it's FT approved handle to provide support for the site.

Kind regards,
Marek

angeloedades May 26, 2021 8:24 am

BRB, moving all my ba97 data over to this.

LondonAndy May 26, 2021 8:34 am

The ability to see which routes BA operates within "x" miles is really handy - already used that to reschedule a cancelled flight to a different airport.

madfish May 26, 2021 8:41 am

Excellent work. I know this has been a labour of love and I for one look forward to using it.

marconess May 26, 2021 8:52 am

I'll be inputting my flightdiary data in here this evening. Looks great!

EDIT:

I'm getting an "

💥 Oops... I did it again!

Looks like there was an error executing your request."

Error when trying to import my myFlightRadar info,

aks120 May 26, 2021 8:54 am

Love it - sorry to all the others (Ba.97, Flightradar24 and flight memory) but I think this is visually better and easier to manipulate.

I am moving my stuff across to this one!

aks120

gustavmahler May 26, 2021 8:59 am

This is great. The dropdown menu of aircraft is really useful, too - especailly as it has all the different combinations.

Importing flights is nice and easy, too.

Nephoi May 26, 2021 9:10 am

how much do I have to pay for a import feature/tool?

edit: found the import - same error.

myflightpath.club May 26, 2021 9:13 am

Originally Posted by marconess (Post 33280303)
I'll be inputting my flightdiary data in here this evening. Looks great!

EDIT:

I'm getting an "

💥 Oops... I did it again!

Looks like there was an error executing your request."

Error when trying to import my myFlightRadar info,

Can you please send the csv file via private message?

srbrenna May 26, 2021 9:19 am

I like it! Could you add a notes section? I use it to put the aircraft reg in!

myflightpath.club May 26, 2021 9:32 am

Originally Posted by srbrenna (Post 33280371)
I like it! Could you add a notes section? I use it to put the aircraft reg in!

Hi srbrenna 👋

There's a separate filed to enter the registration (tail number) in, there's also notes field too :)
You should see them when you add a new flight or edit existing one.

marconess May 26, 2021 9:44 am

Done and all imported. Interface is great! Thanks!

BAeuro May 26, 2021 9:44 am

I really like this - it is so neat.

My only requests would be a way to sort flights by distance, so you can see your shortest route longest flight and the aircraft registration to be displayed on the summary page.

Plus how do I get the airline symbol and nice display that I can see when I view other members profiles? When I look at my own it constantly looks like it’s in editing mode.

srbrenna May 26, 2021 9:57 am

Originally Posted by myflightpath.club (Post 33280405)
Hi srbrenna 👋

There's a separate filed to enter the registration (tail number) in, there's also notes field too :)
You should see them when you add a new flight or edit existing one.

Thanks! I have the tail nos in my notes field. Is there any way to shift them over or will I have to do that manually?

I have put in 744 for a 747-400 in ba97. I’ll do a find and replace on the csv. Is the latter the correct format?

I love the map function! It’s great being able to zoom in and out.

Edit: I’ve just read the custom csv bit. I’ll have a play when I get home. I’m on a tablet at the moment!

myflightpath.club May 26, 2021 9:58 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro (Post 33280455)
I really like this - it is so neat. My only request would be a way to sort flights by distance, so you can see your shortest route longest flight.

You can sort flights by distance on your flights list and in stats - just click on the table header. Sorting is not enabled on the diary view though.

Originally Posted by BAeuro (Post 33280455)
Plus how do I get the airline symbol and nice display that I can see when I view other members profiles? When I look at my own it constantly looks like it’s in editing mode.

I'm not sure what you mean by this? Can you attach or PM me a screenshot of the differences you see on others vs your profiles?