Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Introducing MyFlightPath.club - flights tracker and shared calendar for BA flyers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing MyFlightPath.club - flights tracker and shared calendar for BA flyers

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2021, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
ATA Airlines (I3/TBZ) [Iran] is missing.
ATA Airlines (TZ/AMT) [USA] ceased operations 3 Apr 2008.
Updated & added, thank you!

Old May 28, 2021, 1:58 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by megaloman
This has been fixed now and should import SXF correctly, thanks for flagging up!
Strange one. It likes the import of MAN to SXF. It doesn't like SXF to LGW (almost as if SXF is on the list of to airports, but not on the from list if that makes sense?).

T
Old May 28, 2021, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by toothy
Strange one. It likes the import of MAN to SXF. It doesn't like SXF to LGW (almost as if SXF is on the list of to airports, but not on the from list if that makes sense?).

T
can you share the relevant csv rows where it doesn't like to import SFX? you can check source data by clicking the first icon in the row on the review page.
Old May 28, 2021, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
My.FR24 had an issue regarding DOH; they didn't add Hamad Airport until it was already 2-3 years after it's reopening and then they changed old DOH to Hamad and added a new airport named Doha International Airport with the code DIA.

They were doing the same thing with new IST but I sent them an e-mail in May/June 2019, first, the agent responded to me claimed that the codes were correct but 2-3 days later, it was fixed, probably after somebody more knowledgable were checking e-mails and responses for customer service purposes.
Old May 28, 2021, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
My.FR24 had an issue regarding DOH; they didn't add Hamad Airport until it was already 2-3 years after it's reopening and then they changed old DOH to Hamad and added a new airport named Doha International Airport with the code DIA.

They were doing the same thing with new IST but I sent them an e-mail in May/June 2019, first, the agent responded to me claimed that the codes were correct but 2-3 days later, it was fixed, probably after somebody more knowledgable were checking e-mails and responses for customer service purposes.
If you re-import your FR24 stats again, it should now pick a correct airport. They still pick wrong DOH airport for some flights - tried QR4 yesterday and it picked the old DOH airport...
Old May 28, 2021, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
If you re-import your FR24 stats again, it should now pick a correct airport. They still pick wrong DOH airport for some flights - tried QR4 yesterday and it picked the old DOH airport...
Thanks for the update, which was after I imported my flights.
I actually manually updated the flights that were incorrectly posted on MFPC so I personally don't have an issue.
megaloman likes this.
Old May 28, 2021, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
can you share the relevant csv rows where it doesn't like to import SFX? you can check source data by clicking the first icon in the row on the review page.
So this is strange, as it seems to have read the data:

CSV:
Flight,Date,From,To,Distance,Airline,Cabin,U/G,Seat,Aircraft,Notes
EZY5416,15/11/2014 19:25,SXF,LGW,593,Easyjet,Economy,,,,

T
Old May 28, 2021, 4:54 am
Original Poster

So this is strange, as it seems to have read the data:

CSV:
Flight,Date,From,To,Distance,Airline,Cabin,U/G,Seat,Aircraft,Notes
EZY5416,15/11/2014 19:25,SXF,LGW,593,Easyjet,Economy,,,,

T
Note your date is not formatted correctly - ba97's export saves dates in 'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm` format, and that's what's expected. Your date is saved as `DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm` which suggest you've opened the file in Excel and saved it from Excel

Either way, SXF should import now

Old May 28, 2021, 6:18 am

Note your date is not formatted correctly - ba97's export saves dates in 'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm` format, and that's what's expected. Your date is saved as `DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm` which suggest you've opened the file in Excel and saved it from Excel

Either way, SXF should import now

fair enough - although strangely it imported others in the wrong format

I've switched it around now and it works.

Thanks for your help.

T
megaloman likes this.
Old May 28, 2021, 9:24 am
Original Poster

fair enough - although strangely it imported others in the wrong format

I've switched it around now and it works.

Thanks for your help.

T

Glad it worked for you!

The `d/m/Y` format is tricky as it's difficult for the import process to distinguish it form `m/d/Y` used by US based folks... so in IT it's very common that dates are saved behind the scenes in ISO format as `Y-m-d` - this way we're 100% sure format is correct and dates are easily sortable. Users prefer to see dates in the format they're comfortable with, so Excel (and other tools) will convert ISO format into a user-friendly display format of whatever their locale dictates. Problem starts when some tools (mainly Excel) will stupidly save dates as user sees them, not is ISO fromat. This bug has been hunting Excel for years and Microsoft does not seem to be interested in fixing it.
Old May 28, 2021, 10:16 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
Looks promising…

I did encounter two airports that were not recognized when importing or entering manually:

SPR - San Pedro, Belize
PLJ - Placencia, Belize
megaloman likes this.
Old May 28, 2021, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skippythelizard
Looks promising…

I did encounter two airports that were not recognized when importing or entering manually:

SPR - San Pedro, Belize
PLJ - Placencia, Belize
Both are added now.
skippythelizard likes this.
Old May 28, 2021, 2:11 pm

Updated & added, thank you!

Thanks, now I can properly update my THR-TBZ flight...
megaloman likes this.
Old May 28, 2021, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As another suggestion, even though the website is smartphone friendly, how about an app?
Old May 28, 2021, 3:01 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
As another suggestion, even though the website is smartphone friendly, how about an app?
I imagine that is very time heavy (and difficult). But maybe something for down the line I agree.
ISTFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.