Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Introducing MyFlightPath.club - flights tracker and shared calendar for BA flyers

Introducing MyFlightPath.club - flights tracker and shared calendar for BA flyers

Old Jul 27, 22, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
OK, I hope I got it right!

LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jul 27, 22, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TedToToe View Post
Hi, megaloman in Stats, similar to Aircraft Types, where you can select the type to show airlines flown. In Countries, would it be possible to select each country to see a list of airports visited?
Originally Posted by megaloman View Post
That's a brilliant idea! I've added it to my list!
That turned to be easier than I thought... so list of countries now has "Airports" column, which tells you how many airports you've visited per country... and there's a separate report "Airports by Country" where you can see all airports sorted and grouped by country

Hope that's what you meant TedToToe
aks120, eugnk, omk298 and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 28, 22, 12:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
That turned to be easier than I thought... so list of countries now has "Airports" column, which tells you how many airports you've visited per country... and there's a separate report "Airports by Country" where you can see all airports sorted and grouped by country

Hope that's what you meant
That's perfect, thank you.
Old Jul 28, 22, 11:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus Silver, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Pizza Express Silver
Another couple of requests I'm afraid:
Could you please add Super Air Jet (IU), a relatively new airline from Indonesia - www.superairjet.com.
In a related matter, there is a new airport at Yogyakarta, YIA (Yogyakarta International Airport) which has mostly replaced the old Adisutjipto Airport (JOG).

Thanks
Old Jul 29, 22, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by omk298 View Post
Another couple of requests I'm afraid:
Could you please add Super Air Jet (IU), a relatively new airline from Indonesia - www.superairjet.com.
In a related matter, there is a new airport at Yogyakarta, YIA (Yogyakarta International Airport) which has mostly replaced the old Adisutjipto Airport (JOG).

Thanks
Both airline and airport are now added
omk298 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 22, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
cgtechuk reminded me that it has been over a year since I've posted on FT and opened myflightpath.club, so I thought I'd share some stats.

We've got 453 registered users, but only 302 who recorded at least one flown flight.

81806 recorded flown flights, 122,001,799 miles!

Top flyer by number of flights has flown 3210 flights; top flyer by distance has flown 3,154,050 miles.

Top flown airline by number of flights and distance is British Airways - 35,303 times, 54,013,543 miles.

Top flown aircraft by number of flights is A320 - 11,640 times; by distance is B744 - 11,316,508 miles.

Travellers have flown with 641 unique airlines, departed from 1236 unique airports, landed at 1259 unique airports - no surprise here, top airport for both was London Heathrow

More geeky trivia - most flown tail number by number of flights is G-EUPM (A319 flying for BA) - 51,295 miles in 130 flights, by distance is G-XLEA (A388 flying for BA) - 223,118 miles in 48 flights.

If you want, you can see where you stand among other travellers by visiting your profile page and you can see how you rank with your friends
I just discovered this thread. How accurate are the stats generated? Why isn't this posted elsewhere on FT? This could use some exposure in the UA forum!
Old Jul 29, 22, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
I just discovered this thread. How accurate are the stats generated? Why isn't this posted elsewhere on FT? This could use some exposure in the UA forum!
I've posted it in BA forum and most of the members fly BA mostly... so stats reflect that. But anyone from any airline/alliance is more then welcome to join :-)
Old Jul 29, 22, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Bronze

Hope that's what you meant TedToToe
Thanks a lot for this function. Managed to find some missing flights I did not add to Flightpath thanks due to this function!
megaloman likes this.
Old Jul 29, 22, 8:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus Silver, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Pizza Express Silver
Both airline and airport are now added
Thank you, though IU is till coming up as Air Belgium (and Super Air Jet isn't found if I type it in) and YIA isn't showing up either. Am I doing something wrong?
Old Jul 29, 22, 10:28 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
This drives me mad... to be accurate, I have to create a new airline entry for each code change... so airline rebranded in 2011, but changed it's legal name in 2015, but got it's IATA code changed in 2014... also `6J` is IATA designator, while `JUB` is ICAO designator - maybe Jubba stopped using IATA designator? where is this information from, if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks. But sorry it drives you mad. They use other designators (sometimes ICAO, sometimes their own) where airlines file schedules, but don't have an IATA code. Hence when 6J went from Jubba to Solaseed, they started using JUB.

So it's almost right:
Solaseed Air changed designators to 6J from LQ in Jan-14;
Solaseed used LQ until January 2014, and then changed to 6J.

The information comes from a tool called Diio : https://www.cirium.com/products/views/diio-mi/

megaloman likes this.
Old Jul 29, 22, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Thank you, though IU is till coming up as Air Belgium (and Super Air Jet isn't found if I type it in) and YIA isn't showing up either. Am I doing something wrong?
Nope, you're doing nothing wrong... It looks like I've added it to my local copy, not on the site :facepalm: I'll correct it when I get home on Monday or Tuesday - sorry for that!
aks120, alex67500 and omk298 like this.
Old Aug 1, 22, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Both are now added apologies for the delay!
omk298 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 22, 1:35 pm

That's great, thank you for adding them.
megaloman likes this.
Old Aug 12, 22, 6:53 am
Original Poster

1 issue fixed:

Occasionally it would resolve an incorrect airline from the flight number - e.g. EC3037 would not select easyJet Europe, but some other defunct airline.

2 features added:

You can display calendar for a date range - there's no UI, just modify the URL: https://myflightpath.club/calendar/b...-29/2022-08-01
(dates need to be in ISO format YYYY-MM-DD for this to work).

You can now filter calendar display and see only yourself, with friends, or everyone - hope that's helpful
TedToToe and Traveller 935 like this.

Last edited by megaloman; Aug 12, 22 at 8:05 am
Old Aug 12, 22, 6:42 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
bug: calendar stuck in private mode

I've had the calendar view restricted to 'only me' for a while and changed it a few days ago to 'everyone'.
My flights (e.g. on 8/16, 8/18. 8/19, 8/20 and 8/21) don't show up on the public calendar.
I've temporarily updated some other settings to 'everyone' and used a different browser that wasn't logged into my profile, but never saw my own flights on the public calendar.

Search this Thread