Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Introducing MyFlightPath.club - flights tracker and shared calendar for BA flyers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing MyFlightPath.club - flights tracker and shared calendar for BA flyers

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2022, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by george77300
Any chance you can change the 767-400 to 767-400ER (They never made a non ER like the -300). Or adding the -400ER as extra would work too. Thanks
You are correct, it should be 767-400ER, it's fixed now
TedToToe and george77300 like this.
Old May 16, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Ryanair UK is missing from airlines.

Also, for date entry on the new/edit flight form, would it be possible to have a calendar feature to select the date as well as free type?
megaloman likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Schwann

Also, for date entry on the new/edit flight form, would it be possible to have a calendar feature to select the date as well as free type?
in addition to that - i use to enter flights while they happen / while I sit in lounges. if you can autofillout todays date. that would be wonderful
Schwann and megaloman like this.
Old May 17, 2022, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Ryanair UK is missing from airlines.
Ryanair UK has been added!

Originally Posted by Nephoi
in addition to that - i use to enter flights while they happen / while I sit in lounges. if you can autofillout todays date. that would be wonderful
That's tricky. I'm allowing users to enter an incomplete date, so if you know you've taken a flight in `1975` but don't remember exact date - then it will accept it. It accepts year, or year + month, or an explicit date (does not accept 9/5/2000 since I don't know whether it's 5th September or 9th May).

Most JS calendars I've seen are written in a way that they require user to enter a full date - so not good. I could change the text field to drop downs leaving year as a mandatory field and day/month optional - would that be easier?

other solution is to allow incomplete dates through import only and expect a full date when adding through the UI... what do you think? for now it should autocomplete the current date though
Schwann likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by megaloman
Ryanair UK has been added!

That's tricky. I'm allowing users to enter an incomplete date, so if you know you've taken a flight in `1975` but don't remember exact date - then it will accept it. It accepts year, or year + month, or an explicit date (does not accept 9/5/2000 since I don't know whether it's 5th September or 9th May).

Most JS calendars I've seen are written in a way that they require user to enter a full date - so not good. I could change the text field to drop downs leaving year as a mandatory field and day/month optional - would that be easier?

other solution is to allow incomplete dates through import only and expect a full date when adding through the UI... what do you think? for now it should autocomplete the current date though
That could work! Thanks for getting back to us.
Old May 17, 2022, 9:38 am

love this.
Currently, in the process of digitizing my logbook.
Is there any chance of adding a feature allowing the great circle mapper tool for more fare classes? (i.e not just I)
also, possibly splitting Premium Economy into Economy+ and Premium economy , To differentiate something like Main cabin+ or KLM's Extra legroom eco from a real premium economy product.

Last edited by Swiss03; May 17, 2022 at 9:58 am Reason: forgot something
Old May 21, 2022, 3:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Error importing

Hi, I'm trying to import via custom .csv (previously used flight memory and as that has no export it's easier to collate into a .csv and import).
I created the .csv by adding a single flight, exporting and using that as a template.
The site is recognising the flights in the .csv but errors (Britney style..) on the next page. Any ideas please?

Old May 21, 2022, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKFlyboy
Hi, I'm trying to import via custom .csv (previously used flight memory and as that has no export it's easier to collate into a .csv and import).
I created the .csv by adding a single flight, exporting and using that as a template.
The site is recognising the flights in the .csv but errors (Britney style..) on the next page. Any ideas please?

you've tried to use `restore flights` option rather the custom csv import... try importing your file through this link: Custom CSV import.

Edit: custom csv file's format is identical to the back up file, just missing unique identifier for flights - hence preview worked, but import failed.
Old May 21, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Sorry, should've been clearer. Trying the import and it gives the same response (preview works fine). I've figured out it's the 'notes' column (works when I delete the notes). Is there a maximum character value here? Thanks!

Last edited by UKFlyboy; May 21, 2022 at 7:48 am
Old May 21, 2022, 7:29 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants

I am afraid I dont like the autocomplete to today’s date - I always add my flights in advance and this is now just an extra step to complete the page (ie delete the date).

Aks120
KARFA and omk298 like this.
Old May 21, 2022, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKFlyboy
Sorry, should've been clearer. Trying the import and it gives the same response (preview works fine). I've figured out it's the 'notes' column (works when I delete the notes). Is there a maximum character value here? Thanks!
can you please email me your file to [email protected]? so I can investigate? `notes` field should accept up to 65k characters long string.
LCSinTexas and UKFlyboy like this.
Old May 21, 2022, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aks120
I am afraid I dont like the autocomplete to today’s date - I always add my flights in advance and this is now just an extra step to complete the page (ie delete the date).

Aks120
Hm... what would be the best solution here then?
Old May 21, 2022, 12:43 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Have it as it was before

aks120
TedToToe likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 3:06 pm

Is OpenFlights import still in the works or has it proven to be unworkable?
Old May 29, 2022, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nephoi
Have it as it was before
Right, so (I hope) I got this right that it will please most folks on here:
  • by default field is empty
  • tap/click on the calendar icon and it will populate today's date
  • soon, I'll add a popup calendar to selected the date with a few clicks/taps for those who prefer it - it will default to today's date
aks120, KARFA, LCSinTexas and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.