Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Introducing MyFlightPath.club - flights tracker and shared calendar for BA flyers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing MyFlightPath.club - flights tracker and shared calendar for BA flyers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2021, 10:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Firstly, a phenomenal site megaloman and just mid transferring my flights. My account is the same username as this should you wish to check anything.

One thing regarding the site/stats that seems to throw some inconsistencies is when it seems two types share an ICAO code. [In my case 777-200 (B772) and the 777-200ER (B772)].
  • Map Aircraft Bar Chart - Show as the same B772 (This is fine really)
  • Diary of Flights show as B772 for both and when hovering over the field show the specifics (this is also good) - However the "Badge" for the new type doesn't seem to distinguish.
Then in the Stats:
  • 'Aircraft Types' - merges them and shows [B772 Boeing 777-200 / Boeing 777-200ER] - (all fine)
  • But 'Aircraft Type by Airline' by airline it shows them as two separate? - My OCD doesn't like this consistency - (to be corrected to the same as above? or separate the above?)
  • 'Aircraft by Airline' - it incorrectly groups them both as an ER despite some not being? (either change the model to show both types like Types does now, or separate like the Types by Airline?)
Apologies for the pedantic comments but was just curious if the last point in particular is an easy fix. The bits in brackets are kind of my suggestions from a petty user. Obviously there could easily be something I'm overlooking.

Many thanks and let me know if you would like further clarification on my confusing points.

Top job overall with the whole layout though.
megaloman likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 1:02 am

First of all, I would like to join the chorus of those praising your work.

You did a wonderful job. The site is clean and easy to use, the presentation is very appealing and the import functionality just simply works.
What a contrast to some other corporate / commercial sites made by big names in the business.
So, hatts of.

I'm still in the process of adding my flights but wanted to highlight an issue reported earlier this year:

Originally Posted by megaloman
There are two of them... and I can see both...

For one of my journeys I needed the E175 too but I can't find it in the list.

This is what I get when I start typing 'Embraer':

Could you please have a look and try to figure out why the E175 is not appearing?

Thanks a lot!
megaloman likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 1:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
Originally Posted by StanStorby
First of all, I would like to join the chorus of those praising your work.

You did a wonderful job. The site is clean and easy to use, the presentation is very appealing and the import functionality just simply works.
What a contrast to some other corporate / commercial sites made by big names in the business.
So, hatts of.

I'm still in the process of adding my flights but wanted to highlight an issue reported earlier this year:

For one of my journeys I needed the E175 too but I can't find it in the list.

This is what I get when I start typing 'Embraer':

Could you please have a look and try to figure out why the E175 is not appearing?

Thanks a lot!
You can only see a maximum of 10 results in the drop down (try typing Boeing) so you search like that, you will never see all the available aircraft for each manufacturer. As for the E175, there are two aircraft types - the E175 Long Wing (E75L) and Short Wing (E75S). You can find them by typing 175 or Embraer 175 in the Aircraft Type box. Sometimes it is hard to work out which 175 version you have flown though!
megaloman likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by tigertanaka
You can only see a maximum of 10 results in the drop down (try typing Boeing) so you search like that, you will never see all the available aircraft for each manufacturer. As for the E175, there are two aircraft types - the E175 Long Wing (E75L) and Short Wing (E75S). You can find them by typing 175 or Embraer 175 in the Aircraft Type box. Sometimes it is hard to work out which 175 version you have flown though!
Thanks for the heads-up about the 10 entries in the LOV!
I was now able to select the E175.
megaloman likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by george77300
Firstly, a phenomenal site megaloman and just mid transferring my flights. My account is the same username as this should you wish to check anything.

One thing regarding the site/stats that seems to throw some inconsistencies is when it seems two types share an ICAO code. [In my case 777-200 (B772) and the 777-200ER (B772)].
  • Map Aircraft Bar Chart - Show as the same B772 (This is fine really)
  • Diary of Flights show as B772 for both and when hovering over the field show the specifics (this is also good) - However the "Badge" for the new type doesn't seem to distinguish.
Then in the Stats:
  • 'Aircraft Types' - merges them and shows [B772 Boeing 777-200 / Boeing 777-200ER] - (all fine)
  • But 'Aircraft Type by Airline' by airline it shows them as two separate? - My OCD doesn't like this consistency - (to be corrected to the same as above? or separate the above?)
  • 'Aircraft by Airline' - it incorrectly groups them both as an ER despite some not being? (either change the model to show both types like Types does now, or separate like the Types by Airline?)
Apologies for the pedantic comments but was just curious if the last point in particular is an easy fix. The bits in brackets are kind of my suggestions from a petty user. Obviously there could easily be something I'm overlooking.

Many thanks and let me know if you would like further clarification on my confusing points.

Top job overall with the whole layout though.
Thank you for your kind works!

And agree, there's inconsistency. I think for Aircraft Types and Aircraft Types by Airline it should group them by ICAO code thus merging 777-200 and 777-200ER into one line. But for Aircraft / Aircraft by airline it should list them separately? This ICAO's inconsistency annoys me slightly - e.g. 777-300 has a code B773 and 777-300ER has a code B77W, but -200 and -200ER share same ICAO code.
george77300 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 9:18 am

Thank you for your kind works!

And agree, there's inconsistency. I think for Aircraft Types and Aircraft Types by Airline it should group them by ICAO code thus merging 777-200 and 777-200ER into one line. But for Aircraft / Aircraft by airline it should list them separately? This ICAO's inconsistency annoys me slightly - e.g. 777-300 has a code B773 and 777-300ER has a code B77W, but -200 and -200ER share same ICAO code.
Below is what I mean more clearly.

"Aircraft Type by Airline" - It correctly lists them separately.

"Aircraft Types" - It lists both and correctly adds both up.

"Aircraft by Airline" - This is the only incorrect one. ZZZC is a 200, VIIG is a 200ER. Is it possible to either (a) have the text changed to 'Boeing 777-200 / Boeing 777-200ER' like Aircraft Types or (b) list them separately like in Aircraft Type Airline.

FR24 uses B77E for the 777-200ER (on myFR24). Perhaps this is a possible easier solution?

Finally another minor thing on the Aircraft by Airline Page, it orders the aircraft by number of flights, then if the same, by first flight date. Is it possible to have the option to click on the top to choose what it sorts by on other pages, i.e I'd be curious to order by reg in alphabetical order, within the types as already are of course, to see which of a series I'm "missing" if that makes sense. Is that at all feasible?

Don't let this minor pedantic request take away from the superb product you have created. I am thoroughly impressed.
megaloman likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Below is what I mean more clearly.

"Aircraft Type by Airline" - It correctly lists them separately.

"Aircraft Types" - It lists both and correctly adds both up.

"Aircraft by Airline" - This is the only incorrect one. ZZZC is a 200, VIIG is a 200ER. Is it possible to either (a) have the text changed to 'Boeing 777-200 / Boeing 777-200ER' like Aircraft Types or (b) list them separately like in Aircraft Type Airline.
Ah, I see what you mean I can do either.

FR24 uses B77E for the 777-200ER (on myFR24). Perhaps this is a possible easier solution?
But 'B77E' is not a valid ICAO aircaft type designator... you've spotted it for the triple sevens, but it's affecting other aircraft too - e.g. BCS1/BCS3 are either "Bombadier CSeries" or "Airbus A220" depending when the airframe was built... would you like them "bundled" as "Bombadier CSeries/Airbus A220" or listed separately?

Finally another minor thing on the Aircraft by Airline Page, it orders the aircraft by number of flights, then if the same, by first flight date. Is it possible to have the option to click on the top to choose what it sorts by on other pages, i.e I'd be curious to order by reg in alphabetical order, within the types as already are of course, to see which of a series I'm "missing" if that makes sense. Is that at all feasible?
Yes, this is on my roadmap. I want to change stats slightly - so you get the list of aircraft by clicking the type on Aircraft Type by airline. Single list for all airlines is too long, slow to compute and difficult to use. Then adding sorting will be simpler too

Don't let this minor pedantic request take away from the superb product you have created. I am thoroughly impressed.
No worries, I love constructive feedback and thanks to feedback like this I can improve the site thank you!
aks120 and george77300 like this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 10:09 am

Ah, I see what you mean I can do either.
I would suggest separating them as they are separate models (even though the ICAO code is the same). Especially on the Aircraft by Airline Stats.

But 'B77E' is not a valid ICAO aircaft type designator... you've spotted it for the triple sevens, but it's affecting other aircraft too - e.g. BCS1/BCS3 are either "Bombadier CSeries" or "Airbus A220" depending when the airframe was built... would you like them "bundled" as "Bombadier CSeries/Airbus A220" or listed separately?
Yes of course. May have that issue a bit later when I get to my CSeries flights. Again I would suggest separate to give people options? I was just going to put all mine down as A220s to be simple. But there's an argument for grouping the CSeries/A220 one as they are the same aircraft just new names. Kind of like the Bombardier to Mitsubishi CRJ. Rename of the same plane rather than the 777 where a 777-200 vs ER are technically different types that share a code? Just my 2 cents.

Yes, this is on my roadmap. I want to change stats slightly - so you get the list of aircraft by clicking the type on Aircraft Type by airline. Single list for all airlines is too long, slow to compute and difficult to use. Then adding sorting will be simpler too
Yeah I look forward to that!

No worries, I love constructive feedback and thanks to feedback like this I can improve the site thank you!
Thanks again for it all.
megaloman likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

I would suggest separating them as they are separate models (even though the ICAO code is the same). Especially on the Aircraft by Airline Stats.

Yes of course. May have that issue a bit later when I get to my CSeries flights. Again I would suggest separate to give people options? I was just going to put all mine down as A220s to be simple. But there's an argument for grouping the CSeries/A220 one as they are the same aircraft just new names. Kind of like the Bombardier to Mitsubishi CRJ. Rename of the same plane rather than the 777 where a 777-200 vs ER are technically different types that share a code? Just my 2 cents.
There are a few flaws with ICAO designators which annoy me... so A320-100 and A320-200 share same A320 designator as different engine isn't enough to get a new designator, yet A320neo has gotten a brand new A20N designator. Now take the A321neo - that's A21N, but LR and XLR versions... will share same A21N designator with base A320neo model... Let's look at Embraer 175 - there are two designators: E75L and E75S for long and short wing... but no such thing exists for 170/190/195 nor newest E2 series...

As for names, when Airbus bought the CSeries programme, they announced that all future and already built aircraft should be called Airbus, not Bombardier - it's a pure marketing gimmick, as already built CSeries as Bombardiers were delivered as such and no one will go and update paperwork to have their name changed. Some people will be happy to record all of them as Airbus A220, I personally will record them according to their name at the time they were built - planespotters.net is a great source to work out which one is which:

Now for the CRJ programme, I think some of the popular websites out there have jumped a little bit ahead of themselves. Mitsubishi announced they won't build any new CRJs and all existing ones will be delivered as Bombardiers. Mitsubishi plans to focus on their own SpaceJet... so not sure why FR24 suddenly renamed all Bombardier CRJs as Mitsubishi CRJs...

So you're right, I should list them separately and shouldn't group them by the designator. I'll make amendments to the websites code, so you'll be able to see a first flown on... badge for both Boeing 777-200 and Boeing 777-200ER, as well as for Airbus A220-100 and Bombardier CS100
george77300 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 3:18 pm

So you're right, I should list them separately and shouldn't group them by the designator. I'll make amendments to the websites code, so you'll be able to see a first flown on... badge for both Boeing 777-200 and Boeing 777-200ER, as well as for Airbus A220-100 and Bombardier CS100
In full agreement with all your frustrations and I feel I’ve touched a nerve there for you! I have all the same.

Well that last point will solve all my minor OCD issues and give people options. So sounds perfect to me. Thanks again for the wonderful resource
megaloman likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 12:47 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
As everyone else has said, great site, good effort, top work etc

But a couple of missing bits of data, which have come up as blanks from my MyFlightRadar import:
  • Aircraft type: AJ27 (Comac ARJ27-100)
  • Airline ICAO code: BJN (Beijing Airlines) - this is basically a weird charter subsidiary of Air China, but it does seem to have a separate ICAO code, and no IATA code at all...
Thanks very much!
megaloman likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 5:33 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Need a Spitfire (ICAO SPIT) if you can do the necessary at some point. Many thanks
Old Aug 1, 2021, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Deltus
As everyone else has said, great site, good effort, top work etc

But a couple of missing bits of data, which have come up as blanks from my MyFlightRadar import:
  • Aircraft type: AJ27 (Comac ARJ27-100)
  • Airline ICAO code: BJN (Beijing Airlines) - this is basically a weird charter subsidiary of Air China, but it does seem to have a separate ICAO code, and no IATA code at all...
Thanks very much!
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Need a Spitfire (ICAO SPIT) if you can do the necessary at some point. Many thanks
Both aircraft types and the airline added
Deltus and bisonrav like this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 4:10 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Have an outrageous time - and we need a trip report!
Old Aug 2, 2021, 4:19 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Thanks for the work constructing this - just imported all my data and playing with it now.

This sums it up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.