Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Introducing MyFlightPath.club - flights tracker and shared calendar for BA flyers

Introducing MyFlightPath.club - flights tracker and shared calendar for BA flyers

Old Jun 1, 2021, 4:23 am

Only caught up with this today, but wow. Thank you megaloman, this is a fantastic tool! I will have to put off populating with data until I have some more time...
megaloman likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 5:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
This is brilliant (although it has wasted much of my morning when I should have been writing a presentation). Import worked well. Love the badges and for the moment I am #5 on flights (although I suspect not for long).

A few small things:
  • If you put the operating airline in and then later decide you can't remember it, if you edit the field it does not save as a blank (unless someone can help me with the charter that flew MAN-VRN in the summer of 1986?)
  • Stats: I can see all the airports and planes used but I can only see my top 30 countries visited, could I please see them all?
  • MME is Teesside International Airport (not Durham Tees Valley)
  • If you put in a flight number starting LMxxx, the site proposes Livingston Energy - whereas Loganair uses the LM prefix
Longer term ideas:
  • Could we have an additional field for Aircraft name (as well as registration)?
  • Can we have the IATA airport codes on the map? I know it can get messy so maybe a option to show them or not?
  • More stats (number of different routes/countries visited/airports used)
Again, this is brilliant.

Last edited by tigertanaka; Jun 1, 2021 at 5:38 am
Old Jun 1, 2021, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
It is a fantastic tool, Marek - beautiful piece of work in all respects. It just feels nice to use. And it needs a donation button if you can find somewhere to put that without ruining the elegant simplicity of the layout...

Aircraft types are as used in MyFR24 which I guess uses the ICAO table. This seems to be expanded out in this free access and eminently scrapeable document

Part1 (icao.int)
squawk and megaloman like this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by tigertanaka
This is brilliant (although it has wasted much of my morning when I should have been writing a presentation). Import worked well. Love the badges and for the moment I am #5 on flights (although I suspect not for long).

A few small things:
  • If you put the operating airline in and then later decide you can't remember it, if you edit the field it does not save as a blank (unless someone can help me with the charter that flew MAN-VRN in the summer of 1986?)
  • Stats: I can see all the airports and planes used but I can only see my top 30 countries visited, could I please see them all?
  • MME is Teesside International Airport (not Durham Tees Valley)
  • If you put in a flight number starting LMxxx, the site proposes Livingston Energy - whereas Loganair uses the LM prefix
Longer term ideas:
  • Could we have an additional field for Aircraft name (as well as registration)?
  • Can we have the IATA airport codes on the map? I know it can get messy so maybe a option to show them or not?
  • More stats (number of different routes/countries visited/airports used)
Again, this is brilliant.
1) There's no way to remove an airline... need to fix it
2) What's your nickname used on the site? you should see all visited countries...
3) Updated MME airport name
4) It's a general issue with IATA airline codes - they're not unique and there are examples where multiple airlines use same code at the same time... updated Livingston Energy with cease date, so Loganair should be now priorities since it's still operating.

5) I've got an idea to allow custom fields for those who wish to record extra information.
6) Labels with IATA airport codes are shown when you hover over the dot
7) Good idea
Old Jun 1, 2021, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by megaloman
1) There's no way to remove an airline... need to fix it
2) What's your nickname used on the site? you should see all visited countries...
3) Updated MME airport name
4) It's a general issue with IATA airline codes - they're not unique and there are examples where multiple airlines use same code at the same time... updated Livingston Energy with cease date, so Loganair should be now priorities since it's still operating.

5) I've got an idea to allow custom fields for those who wish to record extra information.
6) Labels with IATA airport codes are shown when you hover over the dot
7) Good idea
2) I am TeesTraveller - I just checked again and I can only see the top 30

Thanks for your other responses. I had not realised you can see more details on the map by clicking on the airport but I do like how Openflights and Flight Memory show the names automatically.
megaloman likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 6:09 am
Original Poster

2) I am TeesTraveller - I just checked again and I can only see the top 30
Which country is missing from the list? Checked the database and it seems you've visited 30 countries according to the imported data...

Thanks for your other responses. I had not realised you can see more details on the map by clicking on the airport but I do like how Openflights and Flight Memory show the names automatically.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 6:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Just a thought - assuming the information is not private, would be nice to perhaps see who else has the badges etc. Totally pointless, but just another stat I guess.

Now if only I could remember all those flights as a child to Jersey from Southend and the Canaries....... Of course never thought of keeping stats in the 70s!
megaloman likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 6:45 am

Which country is missing from the list? Checked the database and it seems you've visited 30 countries according to the imported data...
My mistake, I was looking at places where I have been to once and could not see them at the bottom of the list. Of course, each visit is counted twice (entering and departing). Apologies for this.
megaloman likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 6:51 am
Original Poster

My mistake, I was looking at places where I have been to once and could not see them at the bottom of the list. Of course, each visit is counted twice (entering and departing). Apologies for this.
No worries
Old Jun 1, 2021, 3:04 pm

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Is it possible to add Privately owned aircraft to the airline options? I certainly dont have the money for one :-), but i had a ride in one when i was wee, and i'm sure a few on here will have been on some flights where the aircraft was privately owned, rather than a charter company.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 3:41 pm

unused airline code (numeric?) with a reference to another field if it if appears? That sort of approach could cover a multitude of sins, including for unusual airports or start points (I had a flight starting in my boss's garden in the company helicopter), strange types, that sort of thing, with a redirect to custom fields. Airports would need long and latitude somehow though...
Old Jun 2, 2021, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by efincomputer
Is it possible to add Privately owned aircraft to the airline options? I certainly dont have the money for one :-), but i had a ride in one when i was wee, and i'm sure a few on here will have been on some flights where the aircraft was privately owned, rather than a charter company.
Airline is easy - you can just leave it empty, but that would make it not visible in stats... so adding a "privately owned" might be a good idea

Originally Posted by bisonrav
unused airline code (numeric?) with a reference to another field if it if appears? That sort of approach could cover a multitude of sins, including for unusual airports or start points (I had a flight starting in my boss's garden in the company helicopter), strange types, that sort of thing, with a redirect to custom fields. Airports would need long and latitude somehow though...
Airport on the other hand is more complex - their locations are used to calculate distance and airport's location is required. One solution would be to pick the closest airport - but that would show up in statistics. I personally don't include helicopter flights. That would require a custom airport location... an interesting challenge! I'll think about it
Old Jun 2, 2021, 2:26 am

Airline is easy - you can just leave it empty, but that would make it not visible in stats... so adding a "privately owned" might be a good idea
Airport on the other hand is more complex - their locations are used to calculate distance and airport's location is required. One solution would be to pick the closest airport - but that would show up in statistics. I personally don't include helicopter flights. That would require a custom airport location... an interesting challenge! I'll think about it
I was thinking of a general one level indirection. So for example there might be an array of text fields in your record which you could assign to a numeric code, 001.. 002, so if one is found in the plane or airport data you substitute the field into the summary reports and/or displays, so a single level of indirection. Locations are much harder, but could be a convention like "place [lat, long]" in the field, and that could be parsed. Depends really on the level of code control you have in the reporting.

Gilding the lily a bit though.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 2:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Shame about no helicopters as this is a flight after all.

But it is still a cracking site.
megaloman likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 2:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Exporting data out?

I currently duplicate with BA97 and FR24 as I am concerned about either suddenly vanishing.

Whether I will now need to triplicate I am not sure.

But will your data import into other platforms in case something happens to your site? Hope it doesn't, but will lots of data short of repeating oneself severally I am wondering the best way to protect it.

Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.