FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Double Tier Points on British Airways Holidays bookings [*now inc FROM USA*] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2040950-double-tier-points-british-airways-holidays-bookings-now-inc-usa.html)

jay_cee87 May 25, 2021 3:31 am

Double Tier Points on British Airways Holidays bookings [*now inc FROM USA*]

Just had an email from BA offering double tier points on holiday bookings this summer.

Ned1968 May 25, 2021 3:32 am

Double Tier Points on holiday packages

Just received an email that includes the following:

as an Executive Club Member, you could now earn double the Tier Points on flights taken as part of a package holiday with British Airways Holidays, between 9 June 2021 and 30 September 2021.

To qualify, you’ll need to book your trip before 21 September 2021, and this includes any holidays you’ve already booked with us.

endoman May 25, 2021 3:32 am

Booked yesterday for travel end of June, would be nice if it happened.

jay_cee87 May 25, 2021 3:33 am

It says it applies to existing bookings too 😀

jwhite9185 May 25, 2021 3:36 am

Very handy.

I was a little concerned that I wouldn’t be able to retain Gold without an extension. This takes care of that anxiety! That’s assuming my planned trip to the USA can actually take place of course…. In which case I suspect that they will hand out status extensions.

minichr1s May 25, 2021 3:36 am

I just logged in to MMB and (from memory) my TP now look double and after my holiday should jump me from Blue to Silver, Nice!

Tdgraves May 25, 2021 3:45 am

Mine have not changed in MMB yet, but I guess it all takes time

wilsnunn May 25, 2021 3:46 am

Terms and Conditions:

This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person who has a British Airways Executive Club membership and who books and travels on a Qualifying Booking (see definition below). British Airways Holidays reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they unconditionally accept the terms and conditions set out below.

A “Qualifying Booking” is a British Airways Holidays booking that meets all of the following criteria: The booking must be for a British Airways Holidays Flight + Hotel or Flight + Car or Flight + Hotel + Car package originating in the UK only and the hotel or car element of the booking must be booked for the duration of the trip. British Airways flights including codeshares and British Airways marketed and/or operated flights only. The booking must be made before 21 September 2021. Travel is for outbound departures between 9 June 2021 and 30 September 2021 inclusive (final outbound departure date is 30 September 2021). The booking must be for a stay of 5 nights or more; and must be for a minimum of 2 passengers. The participant must register their Executive Club number against their booking prior to travel.

For the avoidance of doubt this offer does not apply to any British Airways flight only bookings made without a hotel or car or where the hotel or car is added to a booking in a separate transaction. This promotion enables Eligible Participants to receive double Tier Points for return flights which are part of a Qualifying Booking. Standard Tier Points for the flight element will be awarded in line with regular awarding timelines after completion of the return flight which is part of a Qualifying Booking. The initial transaction will be updated when the Bonus Tier Points are added to the standard Tier Points, within one month of the return flight which is part of a Qualifying Booking.

The bonus Tier Points covered by this promotion are non-transferable and there is no cash or credit alternative. Eligible Participants who change their travel arrangements after the date of booking will not be eligible for the promotion unless their revised booking also qualifies under the terms and conditions of this promotion.

All holiday packages are offered subject to availability. British Airways Holidays booking terms and conditions apply. All travel on British Airways flights is subject to British Airways General Conditions of Carriage and its Notice and Conditions of Contract as stated on each ticket or itinerary as provided. Passengers travelling on flights operated by another carrier will be subject to the conditions of carriage of that carrier.

British Airways Holidays reserves the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion at any time and for any reason. Information is correct on 25 May 2021.

This promotion will be governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.

wilsnunn May 25, 2021 3:47 am

Codeshares are included, I think that means that it would be possible to do a BA codeshare on QR to somewhere East and earn 1120 TPs on a single booking (with 4 long haul QR flights).

ThatT1Feeling May 25, 2021 3:52 am

... I was wrong ;) Deleted my post !

drwook May 25, 2021 3:53 am

Shame it isn't flight only, but looks good. It'd probably tempt me if the green list expands in time.

BAeuro May 25, 2021 4:00 am

Shame about the minimum of 5 nights.

drwook May 25, 2021 4:11 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro (Post 33277100)
Shame about the minimum of 5 nights.

Darn missed that; no long weekends in Sofia or Bucharest then... :(

Hawkbat May 25, 2021 4:22 am

And minimum two people, since we already have a (local) holiday booked in school holidays no jetting off on TP runs while the wife is teaching for me!

Although given the state of the green list I won't be surprised if a lot of flights booked this way end up going the same way as the half avois off ones from last year, ie cancelled.

tigertanaka May 25, 2021 4:24 am

Arggh, ex-UK only! I was already totting up the extra TPs for my risky ex-DUB to MCO at the end of August...