Double Tier points on holiday bookings

Hide Wikipost
Old May 29, 22, 2:36 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: groenroos
Wiki Link
Have your double Tier Points posted? If not (and 30 days have elapsed since your return date) send your membership number, date of birth, email address and postcode for each passenger in the reservation to [email protected] and they will award the Tier Points for you. See this post for more information.

On 21st December 2021 BA posted "Bonus Tier Points will be awarded separately to standard Tier Points and within 60 days of your return flight.
Please note that we are currently experiencing a delay in awarding Tier Points as part of this offer, standard Tier Points continue to be awarded as normal."

Double Tier Points Promotion

1. This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person who has a British Airways Executive Club membership and who books and travels on a Qualifying Booking (see definition below). British Airways Holidays reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they unconditionally accept the Terms and Conditions set out below.

2. A “Qualifying Booking” is a British Airways Holidays booking that meets all of the following criteria:

a. The booking must be for a British Airways Holidays Flights + Hotel or Flights + Car or Flights + Hotel + Car package booking originating in the UK only and the hotel or car element of the booking must be booked for the duration of the trip.

b. British Airways flights including codeshares and British Airways marketed and/or operated flights only.

c. The booking must be made before 22 October 2022.

d. Travel is for outbound departures between 9 June 2021 and 31 October 2022 inclusive (final outbound departure date is 31 October 2022).

e. The booking must be for a stay of 5 nights or more; and.

f. For departures prior to 24 August 2021, the booking must be for a minimum of 2 passengers. From 24 August 2021, there is no minimum number of passengers required.

g. The participant must register their Executive Club number against their booking prior to travel.

3. For the avoidance of doubt this offer does not apply to any British Airways flight only bookings made without a hotel or car or where the hotel or car is added to a booking in a separate transaction.

4. This promotion enables Eligible Participants to receive double Tier Points for return flights which are part of a Qualifying Booking.

5. Standard Tier Points for the flight element will be awarded in line with regular awarding timelines after completion of the return flight which is part of a Qualifying Booking. The initial transaction will be updated when the Bonus Tier Points are added to the standard Tier Points, within one month of the return flight which is part of a Qualifying Booking.

6. The bonus Tier Points covered by this promotion are non-transferable and there is no cash or credit alternative.

7. Eligible Participants who change their travel arrangements after the date of booking will not be eligible for the promotion unless their revised booking also qualifies under the Terms and Conditions of this promotion.

8. All holiday packages are offered subject to availability.

9. British Airways Holidays booking Terms and Conditions apply. All travel on British Airways flights is subject to British Airways General Conditions of Carriage and its Notice and Conditions of Contract as stated on each ticket or itinerary as provided. Passengers travelling on flights operated by another carrier will be subject to the conditions of carriage of that carrier.

10. British Airways Holidays reserves the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion at any time and for any reason.

11. Information is correct on 21 December 2021.

12. British Airways Holidays is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via any third-party website or home page access which reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or Terms and Conditions of this promotion.

13. Promotional materials form part of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions shall prevail if there is any conflict between these and the promotional materials.

14. This promotion will be governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Do the points post automatically?

Generally No, not at the moment. When the promotion started some people found the points posted without having to do anything. Most people are using the email address above or calling BA phone lines.

2. I’ve waited for a very long time and the points have not posted. What can I do?

See the start of the wiki use the email indicated. Some people have found success by phoning their dedicated exec club number and asking.

3. Do I have to wait 30 or 60 days to ask for the bonus Tier Points (TPs)?

There’s mixed opinions on the board from those who have been waiting a long time. If the bonus TPs will upgrade your status then we suggest you ask for them as soon as you can.

4. The offer says the bonus tier points post with the same dates as the original flights but mine posted on the date I got the email. Why is this and can I change it?

The offer says that the bonus points should post on the dates of the original flights but very few are; normally they are posting on the date the bonus TPs are processed. If that affects you negatively then you should ask for them to be changed (email or phone). On the other hand some people are quite happy with them posting later, there’s no sign of BA changing dates retrospectively.

5. Does the offer work just for the person booking /paying or for all passengers?

It works for all passengers on the same booking. Some people have had BA claim only the booker gets the bonus TPs. This is not in accordance with the offer terms and if this happens to you, complain.

6. Does the 5 night qualification include nights on the plane? So if I book night flights both ways can I just stay 3 nights in a hotel and qualify?

It appears you have to have 5 hotel nights in the booking, a night flight doesn’t count but if it’s all booked at one time then you can stay in multiple hotels (split stay)

7. Is there any limit to the number of bonus tier points I can get from the promotion?

Apparently not, there are some posters who already have had thousands of bonus tier points; depends on the depth of your wallet and availability of holidays.

8. Can I get upgraded status by using bonus Tier Points?

Yes, a number of posters have done this, not just getting to silver but to gold and probably beyond (no one has yet claimed to get to GGL with the offer but several posters are on the way).

9. Do multi-stop tickets work?

Yes, a number of posters have had success – all the flights should have BA codeshare numbers but do not need to be on BA metal. Some posters have earned more than 1000 TPs in total for multi-stop trips they have taken.

10. What if my flight is disrupted / cancelled?

If your flights are changed at the last moment BAHolidays normally will reroute you. At least one poster has had BA change some of their flights to a non codeshare flight and still got the bonus TPs. It’s thought that you might get the bonus TPs but there’s no definite confirmation of this.

11. Do reduced TP earning thresholds for status levels apply to bonus TP earning?

Yes, up until the end of the year.

12. Can I earn GUF (Gold Upgrade Vouchers) using the offer?

Yes, if you get over 2500 or 3500 TPs in total as normal.

13. What about using vouchers or Upgrade with Avios with the offer?

Redemption holidays (avios plus a combination hotel) don’t qualify. Using UUA or vouchers (for which you have to call BAHolidays to use)- it’s not clear, we would expect the revenue level of tier points to post along with matching tier points to post.

14. Do bonus TPs count towards lifetime tier point totals?

Yes.

15. I booked a car hire for the trip to convert a flight to a qualifying holiday. Do I have to actually pick up the car to get the bonus TPs?

The answer seems to be No, There is at least one poster who has not picked up the car and got the double tier points - although in that case Avis had massive queues and the poster had to leave the airport. It's probably OK to do this but not 100% definite. Others are claiming a sudden onset of amnesia on their arrival around their car hire booking and still apparently are getting the bonus points.

Print Wikipost

Old May 21, 22, 6:16 am

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. BA Au.
Query re: nesting pax

I've promised to take some younger rellies out to NYC for the weekend. I was thinking of booking a 5 night stay to get the double TPs and having them join me during the week. We would leave together. Does anyone know whether it is possible to do this as one BAH booking?
Old May 21, 22, 6:32 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
I've promised to take some younger rellies out to NYC for the weekend. I was thinking of booking a 5 night stay to get the double TPs and having them join me during the week. We would leave together. Does anyone know whether it is possible to do this as one BAH booking?
I would guess it's easier to book a separate trip for them, with different flught dates i think they'd be on a separate pnr anyway
Deckard likes this.
Old May 21, 22, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hi

I already have a flight booking with BA, and want to add car hire.
Will this make is eligible for the double tier point promotion ? If so - is there a special way of linking it together.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Old May 21, 22, 7:04 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Ilovethebeachclub View Post
Hi

Will this make is eligible for the double tier point promotion ? If so - is there a special way of linking it together.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks
unfortunately not according to the rules
Ilovethebeachclub likes this.
Old May 21, 22, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Ilovethebeachclub View Post
Any help appreciated.
No. The T&Cs make this very explicit.

There is one workaround. Take a voucher for the flight, and then use that voucher for separate BA Holidays booking that does comply. This only works if :-
a) The booking is before the end of September (to get your voucher)
b) The price of the flights hasn't gone up significantly since your original booking.
Ilovethebeachclub likes this.
Old May 23, 22, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I took a BA holiday in late April. Tier point collection date ended May 8.

Bonus tier points not yet posted. Am I likely to get them?
Old May 23, 22, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by nollag View Post
I took a BA holiday in late April. Tier point collection date ended May 8.

Bonus tier points not yet posted. Am I likely to get them?
Yes, but now is the time to claim them via the email quoted in the Wiki.
nollag likes this.
Old May 23, 22, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
Having read 25+ pages of the thread, I think I know the answer but the wording of the terms and conditions, "double Tier Points for return flights which are part of a Qualifying Booking", still gives me a nagging doubt.

I can get the trip builder to quote me MAN-LHR-EDI-LHR//5 NIGHTS HOTEL//LHR-MAN which ought to be 40+40+40+40 x2 = 320TPs - I assume this is a qualifying booking and is a 'return flight' even if the outbound is three sectors and the inbound only one?

Many thanks.
Old May 23, 22, 7:37 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by paulieuk View Post
Having read 25+ pages of the thread, I think I know the answer but the wording of the terms and conditions, "double Tier Points for return flights which are part of a Qualifying Booking", still gives me a nagging doubt.

I can get the trip builder to quote me MAN-LHR-EDI-LHR//5 NIGHTS HOTEL//LHR-MAN which ought to be 40+40+40+40 x2 = 320TPs - I assume this is a qualifying booking and is a 'return flight' even if the outbound is three sectors and the inbound only one?

Many thanks.
I think so. Despite the missed opportunity to do LHR->EDI->LHR->MAN on the way back!
Old May 23, 22, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by paulieuk View Post

Many thanks.
I've had the double points credited when the number of sectors is different.

Yours a bit different, with doubling-back to LHR, but should still be valid.
Old May 23, 22, 9:11 am

Programs: BAEC, SPG
Originally Posted by dibbs98 View Post
Had a holiday booking with car hire to south africa for 9 nights back in february. Sent an email to the social media team 3 times but no reply. Anyone have any ideas what to do next? Seems this offer has been a complete dud
update - after no luck to all my emails to social media team the next step i took was calling executive club. 10 days later they asked me for car hire invoice which i sent… 10 days after that they said the correct avios was given already so no double points….

feeling rather annoyed i emailed again on saturday cc’ing the IAG head of loyalty, MD of BA holidays and BA CEO. Surprisingly the points posted today…

if enough people do that they may actually fix the issue!
Robert279 and trishandmichael like this.
Old May 23, 22, 9:28 am

Just returned from a Double Tier points qualifying holiday to Austin. Outward journey got us to Bronze and the return will leave us 90 points away from Silver without the extra TPs.
Got the Bronze benefit of using the Business class check in for the return. Saved a long wait for our party of 4. Yes, I'm easily pleased

Still no extra TP's from St Lucia trip, despite chasers, now 87 days since return. Come on BA!
Got until 8th October to get them otherwise we'll look for a short haul trip to get Sliver without any of the extra TPs.

Not going to chase extra TPs for Austin as it would help to get them after October to give me a headstart to hit Silver again next year. With my luck I'll probably get them quickly.
Old May 23, 22, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by dibbs98 View Post
update - after no luck to all my emails to social media team the next step i took was calling executive club. 10 days later they asked me for car hire invoice which i sent… 10 days after that they said the correct avios was given already so no double points….

feeling rather annoyed i emailed again on saturday cc’ing the IAG head of loyalty, MD of BA holidays and BA CEO. Surprisingly the points posted today…

if enough people do that they may actually fix the issue!
Why would they believe Avios points being given means there is no extra TP to be added. I think part of the problem is some staff don't know the Double TP T&Cs
Old May 23, 22, 12:09 pm

Programs: BAEC, SPG
Originally Posted by Glitch33 View Post
Why would they believe Avios points being given means there is no extra TP to be added. I think part of the problem is some staff don't know the Double TP T&Cs
exactly i kept telling them avios had posted correctly but i need double tier points from the promotion. This was south african call centre and I think they had no idea the promotion existed.
Old May 23, 22, 12:19 pm

Programs: Accor Silver, HHonours Silver, Carlson Gold, BA Blue
Does anyone have any good offers for 1 pax from MAN to one of the long Euro routes (RAK/FUE etc) to get the 480 pts needed for Silver?

Search this Thread