Double Tier points on holiday bookings

Hide Wikipost
Old May 29, 22, 2:36 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: groenroos
Wiki Link
Have your double Tier Points posted? If not (and 30 days have elapsed since your return date) send your membership number, date of birth, email address and postcode for each passenger in the reservation to [email protected] and they will award the Tier Points for you. See this post for more information.

On 21st December 2021 BA posted "Bonus Tier Points will be awarded separately to standard Tier Points and within 60 days of your return flight.
Please note that we are currently experiencing a delay in awarding Tier Points as part of this offer, standard Tier Points continue to be awarded as normal."

Double Tier Points Promotion

1. This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person who has a British Airways Executive Club membership and who books and travels on a Qualifying Booking (see definition below). British Airways Holidays reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they unconditionally accept the Terms and Conditions set out below.

2. A ďQualifying BookingĒ is a British Airways Holidays booking that meets all of the following criteria:

a. The booking must be for a British Airways Holidays Flights + Hotel or Flights + Car or Flights + Hotel + Car package booking originating in the UK only and the hotel or car element of the booking must be booked for the duration of the trip.

b. British Airways flights including codeshares and British Airways marketed and/or operated flights only.

c. The booking must be made before 22 October 2022.

d. Travel is for outbound departures between 9 June 2021 and 31 October 2022 inclusive (final outbound departure date is 31 October 2022).

e. The booking must be for a stay of 5 nights or more; and.

f. For departures prior to 24 August 2021, the booking must be for a minimum of 2 passengers. From 24 August 2021, there is no minimum number of passengers required.

g. The participant must register their Executive Club number against their booking prior to travel.

3. For the avoidance of doubt this offer does not apply to any British Airways flight only bookings made without a hotel or car or where the hotel or car is added to a booking in a separate transaction.

4. This promotion enables Eligible Participants to receive double Tier Points for return flights which are part of a Qualifying Booking.

5. Standard Tier Points for the flight element will be awarded in line with regular awarding timelines after completion of the return flight which is part of a Qualifying Booking. The initial transaction will be updated when the Bonus Tier Points are added to the standard Tier Points, within one month of the return flight which is part of a Qualifying Booking.

6. The bonus Tier Points covered by this promotion are non-transferable and there is no cash or credit alternative.

7. Eligible Participants who change their travel arrangements after the date of booking will not be eligible for the promotion unless their revised booking also qualifies under the Terms and Conditions of this promotion.

8. All holiday packages are offered subject to availability.

9. British Airways Holidays booking Terms and Conditions apply. All travel on British Airways flights is subject to British Airways General Conditions of Carriage and its Notice and Conditions of Contract as stated on each ticket or itinerary as provided. Passengers travelling on flights operated by another carrier will be subject to the conditions of carriage of that carrier.

10. British Airways Holidays reserves the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion at any time and for any reason.

11. Information is correct on 21 December 2021.

12. British Airways Holidays is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via any third-party website or home page access which reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or Terms and Conditions of this promotion.

13. Promotional materials form part of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions shall prevail if there is any conflict between these and the promotional materials.

14. This promotion will be governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Do the points post automatically?

Generally No, not at the moment. When the promotion started some people found the points posted without having to do anything. Most people are using the email address above or calling BA phone lines.

2. Iíve waited for a very long time and the points have not posted. What can I do?

See the start of the wiki use the email indicated. Some people have found success by phoning their dedicated exec club number and asking.

3. Do I have to wait 30 or 60 days to ask for the bonus Tier Points (TPs)?

Thereís mixed opinions on the board from those who have been waiting a long time. If the bonus TPs will upgrade your status then we suggest you ask for them as soon as you can.

4. The offer says the bonus tier points post with the same dates as the original flights but mine posted on the date I got the email. Why is this and can I change it?

The offer says that the bonus points should post on the dates of the original flights but very few are; normally they are posting on the date the bonus TPs are processed. If that affects you negatively then you should ask for them to be changed (email or phone). On the other hand some people are quite happy with them posting later, thereís no sign of BA changing dates retrospectively.

5. Does the offer work just for the person booking /paying or for all passengers?

It works for all passengers on the same booking. Some people have had BA claim only the booker gets the bonus TPs. This is not in accordance with the offer terms and if this happens to you, complain.

6. Does the 5 night qualification include nights on the plane? So if I book night flights both ways can I just stay 3 nights in a hotel and qualify?

It appears you have to have 5 hotel nights in the booking, a night flight doesnít count but if itís all booked at one time then you can stay in multiple hotels (split stay)

7. Is there any limit to the number of bonus tier points I can get from the promotion?

Apparently not, there are some posters who already have had thousands of bonus tier points; depends on the depth of your wallet and availability of holidays.

8. Can I get upgraded status by using bonus Tier Points?

Yes, a number of posters have done this, not just getting to silver but to gold and probably beyond (no one has yet claimed to get to GGL with the offer but several posters are on the way).

9. Do multi-stop tickets work?

Yes, a number of posters have had success Ė all the flights should have BA codeshare numbers but do not need to be on BA metal. Some posters have earned more than 1000 TPs in total for multi-stop trips they have taken.

10. What if my flight is disrupted / cancelled?

If your flights are changed at the last moment BAHolidays normally will reroute you. At least one poster has had BA change some of their flights to a non codeshare flight and still got the bonus TPs. Itís thought that you might get the bonus TPs but thereís no definite confirmation of this.

11. Do reduced TP earning thresholds for status levels apply to bonus TP earning?

Yes, up until the end of the year.

12. Can I earn GUF (Gold Upgrade Vouchers) using the offer?

Yes, if you get over 2500 or 3500 TPs in total as normal.

13. What about using vouchers or Upgrade with Avios with the offer?

Redemption holidays (avios plus a combination hotel) donít qualify. Using UUA or vouchers (for which you have to call BAHolidays to use)- itís not clear, we would expect the revenue level of tier points to post along with matching tier points to post.

14. Do bonus TPs count towards lifetime tier point totals?

Yes.

15. I booked a car hire for the trip to convert a flight to a qualifying holiday. Do I have to actually pick up the car to get the bonus TPs?

The answer seems to be No, There is at least one poster who has not picked up the car and got the double tier points - although in that case Avis had massive queues and the poster had to leave the airport. It's probably OK to do this but not 100% definite. Others are claiming a sudden onset of amnesia on their arrival around their car hire booking and still apparently are getting the bonus points.

Print Wikipost

Old Apr 28, 22, 3:40 am
CR8

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by zen100 View Post
While you're 100% correct in stating how it should work, plenty of people have reported (myself included) that the TPs are not backdated. It's very inconsistent.

So there is a reasonable chance that the double TPs for this person will post in the next year, which is great for them. But there is no certainty around that, so they will just have to treat it as an bonus, if it should happen.
Absolutely, I'm not looking to game anything but a happy accident would be a bonus! If all goes well with travel this year I'm happy I will make 600TP "naturally" in the next year.
Old Apr 28, 22, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by philip1792 View Post
I donít want to set hares running, but I recall discussion further up this thread on this exact issue. My recollection (which may not be correct) is that whilst you, the consumer, do not notice a difference in the product booked (still ATOL protected, can pay a deposit etc.), the BA systems treat the booking methods (booking via the flight/car or flight/hotel tool, or selecting a flight and then adding a car/hotel via the flight booking process) differently and bookings made via the latter method may not qualify for double tier points.

I hope Iíve misremembered but you may wish to do some more digging to clarify this to be on the safe side (you might be able to cancel and rebook if travel is before 30 Sept). Alternatively, someone might be kind enough to correct me!
This had me a bit worried as I had a qualifying BAH trip to St Lucia in March and another to Austin TX in May.

I can't remember how I booked it - pretty sure flight + Hotel.

Did a check this morning and even if I do Flight only, then add hotel it takes you to Flight + Hotel and the qualifying Hotels (price threshold) have the double TP offer against them. ATOL certs say BAH, single transaction on both of them.

I've sent a chaser, coming up to 60 days since return. Just need 45 for Bronze then Silver after double TP for Austin.

Will be peeved if that doesn't run to plan.
Old Apr 28, 22, 10:25 am

If I have a trip ending the 7th November do we think it's likely to post the bonus points by the end of December? I appreciate it's a "how long is a piece of string" question, but just getting a gauge on how much I should rely on it / plan otherwise.
Old Apr 29, 22, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by zen100 View Post
While you're 100% correct in stating how it should work, plenty of people have reported (myself included) that the TPs are not backdated. It's very inconsistent.

So there is a reasonable chance that the double TPs for this person will post in the next year, which is great for them. But there is no certainty around that, so they will just have to treat it as an bonus, if it should happen.
I'm considering doing one of these trips to get the GUF2 voucher as I'm close - has it been the case that you could choose essentially which year you would want to allocate them to? It wouldn't be worthwhile for me if it was to allocate them to the next year as I'll get Gold with my regular flying.
Old May 2, 22, 1:36 pm

Tier points not being awarded

Hi All,
Im just trying to gauge if anyone else is experiencing the same problem as me.

I took a solo BA flight plus hotel holiday for 5 nights back in February. When I booked it, it didnít come up in the booking that it was eligible for double tier points, but when I called up they confirmed it met the terms and conditions and couldnít explain why it didnít appear as such.

60 days passed since the booking and I hadnít been awarded the double tier points. I called BA silver line members club on 4 separate occasions, each time they open an investigation case and advised I would hear back in 7 days. I only heard back on the first case, in which they ignored the case notes about the double tier points point and closed the case advising the right tier points for the flight was awarded.

I also tried the Twitter team who directed me to the [email protected]. I also emailed [email protected]. I didnít hear back.

I opened a customer relations case on the holiday booking at the time of the holiday about something else but mentioned the double tier point issue. This case was also closed ignoring the double tier points notes and advising the avois points were awarded correctly.

In my last call with the membership team they advised they were very sympathetic but they canít do anything apart from raise another case. they gave me a ďsecretĒ email address for escalations, and advised someone responds to that within 24hrs. Of course itís now been 4 days and no one has got in touch.

I am about to hit my membership year, and although Iíve seen BA has previously advised no one will loose out of the 60 days was considered, I canít see any other way of communicating with BA.
Old May 2, 22, 1:57 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Dan Marks View Post
Hi All,
Im just trying to gauge if anyone else is experiencing the same problem as me.

I took a solo BA flight plus hotel holiday for 5 nights back in February. When I booked it, it didnít come up in the booking that it was eligible for double tier points, but when I called up they confirmed it met the terms and conditions and couldnít explain why it didnít appear as such.

60 days passed since the booking and I hadnít been awarded the double tier points. I called BA silver line members club on 4 separate occasions, each time they open an investigation case and advised I would hear back in 7 days. I only heard back on the first case, in which they ignored the case notes about the double tier points point and closed the case advising the right tier points for the flight was awarded.

I also tried the Twitter team who directed me to the [email protected]. I also emailed [email protected]. I didnít hear back.

I opened a customer relations case on the holiday booking at the time of the holiday about something else but mentioned the double tier point issue. This case was also closed ignoring the double tier points notes and advising the avois points were awarded correctly.

In my last call with the membership team they advised they were very sympathetic but they canít do anything apart from raise another case. they gave me a ďsecretĒ email address for escalations, and advised someone responds to that within 24hrs. Of course itís now been 4 days and no one has got in touch.

I am about to hit my membership year, and although Iíve seen BA has previously advised no one will loose out of the 60 days was considered, I canít see any other way of communicating with BA.
Id be interested to know how you get on. Have a similar trip in October. Also noticed that the double points offer didnít appear on screen. Tried another destination with same dates and a rental car and the promotion did appear. Contacted BA via chat and they confirmed it would get double TPs. Iím already mentally prepared to have to fight for them when the time comes.

Last edited by RichieMc; May 3, 22 at 12:41 pm
Old May 2, 22, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Bronze (how did that happen? Lost track of the others
If the flights to a BAH destination require an overnight stopover at LHR on the way out, can that 1 night at LHR be booked as part of the holiday, and would it count towards the 5 nights required for double tier points? I'd like to fly to Iceland from Manchester or Newcastle, and a lot of the options require a stopover in LHR and a very early flight the next morning to Reykjavik.

If no-one's sure, would the Twitter BAH team be the easiest way to get clarification?

Thanks

p.s. I wasted a lot of time looking at Stockholm and Oslo city breaks before realising they're 40 tier points not 80 (doh). I'd ideally like to travel in August and don't want to go anywhere too hot. I'm aiming to go from zero tier points to 450 as cheaply as possible, so may need to change dates/months if Iceland doesn't work out.
Old May 3, 22, 11:50 am

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Originally Posted by ttama View Post
If the flights to a BAH destination require an overnight stopover at LHR on the way out, can that 1 night at LHR be booked as part of the holiday, and would it count towards the 5 nights required for double tier points? I'd like to fly to Iceland from Manchester or Newcastle, and a lot of the options require a stopover in LHR and a very early flight the next morning to Reykjavik.
We booked a holiday in the Azores, same thing: NCL-LHR with an early departure from LHR the next day. The helpful agent had no problem booking an overnight hotel between them. I _guess_ the total would include that night, but as we're going there for 8 nights, I didn't ask.
Old May 3, 22, 12:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Does an email to the exec-club email address at the top of this thread give you an auto reply to confirm receipt?

I'm trying to chase up double tier points but the 'missing avios' link on my executive club page doesn't like my 125- ticket number.

​​​​​Just thought it strange that an email I sent last week hasn't had any acknowledgement, not even to say that they're busy and they are processing all correspondence.
Old May 3, 22, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer View Post
Does an email to the exec-club email address at the top of this thread give you an auto reply to confirm receipt?
Nope
Old May 3, 22, 2:46 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by ttama View Post

If no-one's sure, would the Twitter BAH team be the easiest way to get clarification?

Thanks

p.s. I wasted a lot of time looking at Stockholm and Oslo city breaks before realising they're 40 tier points not 80 (doh). I'd ideally like to travel in August and don't want to go anywhere too hot. I'm aiming to go from zero tier points to 450 as cheaply as possible, so may need to change dates/months if Iceland doesn't work out.
I did something not dissimilar on a mini break to DXB last year - I had the overnight on the way out and the red eye on the way back - so in reality I only had 3 'proper' nights that I booked into my chosen hotel. I then booked the cheapest hotel that BAH offered (the 4 points Sheraton) either side. Able to do it all online as a custom booking as well.

And as it turned out, it was a perfectly decent hotel - they were happy to let me have the room for a few extra hours on the way in, so I was able to get some sleep (after a pretty ropey WTP flight), and on the way out I just popped in for a quick shower. Very tempted to use it again and get the earlier flight to avoid an overnighter.

Got the double TPs in the end, although needed a bit of chasing! So the point is, there's no hidden definition of what a 'night' is in BAH terms, just as long as you have 5 consecutive nights booked in one or more hotels...
TedToToe likes this.
Old May 3, 22, 2:55 pm

Hi all, just a quick one. I have read the terms and conditions but just double checking on here. I have clicked on BA flight + hotel, and clicked on create custom trip.

In June, I have looked at LHR to IST in club Europe for me and the wife. I have put in a hotel for the first 4 nights. I then intend on catching a short flight from IST to DLM separately.
I have then put in a hotel for 7 nights in Dalaman before flying back to LHR and then back to MAN in Club Europe

The question is, will I earn double tier points on this, as I will have booked a hotel for the duration of the holiday?

Many thanks.
Old May 3, 22, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by ratechaser View Post
Got the double TPs in the end, although needed a bit of chasing! So the point is, there's no hidden definition of what a 'night' is in BAH terms, just as long as you have 5 consecutive nights booked in one or more hotels...
Hotels need to be booked for the duration, with a minimum of 5 nights...

Last edited by sayling; May 4, 22 at 12:47 am Reason: Bad wording
Old May 3, 22, 3:53 pm

That has always been the case
Old May 3, 22, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Benedmonds View Post
I'm considering doing one of these trips to get the GUF2 voucher as I'm close - has it been the case that you could choose essentially which year you would want to allocate them to? It wouldn't be worthwhile for me if it was to allocate them to the next year as I'll get Gold with my regular flying.

was in the same situation with GUF2 and upcoming year end - advised that they are credited for the date the flights are taken

Search this Thread