Double Tier points on holiday bookings

Hide Wikipost
Old May 29, 22, 2:36 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: groenroos
Wiki Link
Have your double Tier Points posted? If not (and 30 days have elapsed since your return date) send your membership number, date of birth, email address and postcode for each passenger in the reservation to [email protected] and they will award the Tier Points for you. See this post for more information.

On 21st December 2021 BA posted "Bonus Tier Points will be awarded separately to standard Tier Points and within 60 days of your return flight.
Please note that we are currently experiencing a delay in awarding Tier Points as part of this offer, standard Tier Points continue to be awarded as normal."

Double Tier Points Promotion

1. This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person who has a British Airways Executive Club membership and who books and travels on a Qualifying Booking (see definition below). British Airways Holidays reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they unconditionally accept the Terms and Conditions set out below.

2. A Qualifying Booking is a British Airways Holidays booking that meets all of the following criteria:

a. The booking must be for a British Airways Holidays Flights + Hotel or Flights + Car or Flights + Hotel + Car package booking originating in the UK only and the hotel or car element of the booking must be booked for the duration of the trip.

b. British Airways flights including codeshares and British Airways marketed and/or operated flights only.

c. The booking must be made before 22 October 2022.

d. Travel is for outbound departures between 9 June 2021 and 31 October 2022 inclusive (final outbound departure date is 31 October 2022).

e. The booking must be for a stay of 5 nights or more; and.

f. For departures prior to 24 August 2021, the booking must be for a minimum of 2 passengers. From 24 August 2021, there is no minimum number of passengers required.

g. The participant must register their Executive Club number against their booking prior to travel.

3. For the avoidance of doubt this offer does not apply to any British Airways flight only bookings made without a hotel or car or where the hotel or car is added to a booking in a separate transaction.

4. This promotion enables Eligible Participants to receive double Tier Points for return flights which are part of a Qualifying Booking.

5. Standard Tier Points for the flight element will be awarded in line with regular awarding timelines after completion of the return flight which is part of a Qualifying Booking. The initial transaction will be updated when the Bonus Tier Points are added to the standard Tier Points, within one month of the return flight which is part of a Qualifying Booking.

6. The bonus Tier Points covered by this promotion are non-transferable and there is no cash or credit alternative.

7. Eligible Participants who change their travel arrangements after the date of booking will not be eligible for the promotion unless their revised booking also qualifies under the Terms and Conditions of this promotion.

8. All holiday packages are offered subject to availability.

9. British Airways Holidays booking Terms and Conditions apply. All travel on British Airways flights is subject to British Airways General Conditions of Carriage and its Notice and Conditions of Contract as stated on each ticket or itinerary as provided. Passengers travelling on flights operated by another carrier will be subject to the conditions of carriage of that carrier.

10. British Airways Holidays reserves the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion at any time and for any reason.

11. Information is correct on 21 December 2021.

12. British Airways Holidays is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via any third-party website or home page access which reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or Terms and Conditions of this promotion.

13. Promotional materials form part of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions shall prevail if there is any conflict between these and the promotional materials.

14. This promotion will be governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Do the points post automatically?

Generally No, not at the moment. When the promotion started some people found the points posted without having to do anything. Most people are using the email address above or calling BA phone lines.

2. Ive waited for a very long time and the points have not posted. What can I do?

See the start of the wiki use the email indicated. Some people have found success by phoning their dedicated exec club number and asking.

3. Do I have to wait 30 or 60 days to ask for the bonus Tier Points (TPs)?

Theres mixed opinions on the board from those who have been waiting a long time. If the bonus TPs will upgrade your status then we suggest you ask for them as soon as you can.

4. The offer says the bonus tier points post with the same dates as the original flights but mine posted on the date I got the email. Why is this and can I change it?

The offer says that the bonus points should post on the dates of the original flights but very few are; normally they are posting on the date the bonus TPs are processed. If that affects you negatively then you should ask for them to be changed (email or phone). On the other hand some people are quite happy with them posting later, theres no sign of BA changing dates retrospectively.

5. Does the offer work just for the person booking /paying or for all passengers?

It works for all passengers on the same booking. Some people have had BA claim only the booker gets the bonus TPs. This is not in accordance with the offer terms and if this happens to you, complain.

6. Does the 5 night qualification include nights on the plane? So if I book night flights both ways can I just stay 3 nights in a hotel and qualify?

It appears you have to have 5 hotel nights in the booking, a night flight doesnt count but if its all booked at one time then you can stay in multiple hotels (split stay)

7. Is there any limit to the number of bonus tier points I can get from the promotion?

Apparently not, there are some posters who already have had thousands of bonus tier points; depends on the depth of your wallet and availability of holidays.

8. Can I get upgraded status by using bonus Tier Points?

Yes, a number of posters have done this, not just getting to silver but to gold and probably beyond (no one has yet claimed to get to GGL with the offer but several posters are on the way).

9. Do multi-stop tickets work?

Yes, a number of posters have had success all the flights should have BA codeshare numbers but do not need to be on BA metal. Some posters have earned more than 1000 TPs in total for multi-stop trips they have taken.

10. What if my flight is disrupted / cancelled?

If your flights are changed at the last moment BAHolidays normally will reroute you. At least one poster has had BA change some of their flights to a non codeshare flight and still got the bonus TPs. Its thought that you might get the bonus TPs but theres no definite confirmation of this.

11. Do reduced TP earning thresholds for status levels apply to bonus TP earning?

Yes, up until the end of the year.

12. Can I earn GUF (Gold Upgrade Vouchers) using the offer?

Yes, if you get over 2500 or 3500 TPs in total as normal.

13. What about using vouchers or Upgrade with Avios with the offer?

Redemption holidays (avios plus a combination hotel) dont qualify. Using UUA or vouchers (for which you have to call BAHolidays to use)- its not clear, we would expect the revenue level of tier points to post along with matching tier points to post.

14. Do bonus TPs count towards lifetime tier point totals?

Yes.

15. I booked a car hire for the trip to convert a flight to a qualifying holiday. Do I have to actually pick up the car to get the bonus TPs?

The answer seems to be No, There is at least one poster who has not picked up the car and got the double tier points - although in that case Avis had massive queues and the poster had to leave the airport. It's probably OK to do this but not 100% definite. Others are claiming a sudden onset of amnesia on their arrival around their car hire booking and still apparently are getting the bonus points.

Print Wikipost

Old Apr 27, 22, 5:54 am

my account ends in September
Old Apr 27, 22, 6:12 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ACES70 View Post
yay, got an email this morning informing me that my double points have been added and I am now silver. I know this will apply for the next year from September

i am not sure about this, does it mean that i only need to earn 300 tier points from September to retain silver for the following year?

Weve been through a lot together recently and wed like to thank you for your continued loyalty and support during this challenging time.

Weve already reduced the number of Tier Points needed to renew your Silver status or upgrade to Gold by 25%, until 31 December 2022.

Were now going a step further and temporarily reducing the threshold to renew your Silver status by 50% for the remainder of your current Tier Point Collection Year. If you earn a total of 300 Tier Points by your next Tier Point Collection Year end date, your Silver status will automatically be renewed for another year.
It means that you've gotten the TPs needed for silver for this current collection year ending September 8, 2022 (I guess at least 450). I don't think the 50% is relevant for you as it only applies to retaining, whereas it seems like you have moved up to silver. You now have silver status until end October 2023. If you get 450 TPs between September 9 and Dec 31, 2022, you'll renew again until end October 2024. If you don't make the 450 by the end of this calendar year, you'll need the full 600 by September 8, 2023 to retain.

Alternatively, you have until September 8, 2022 to get whatever you need to get the 1125 required for Gold.
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 22, 7:31 am
CR8

Programs: BA
Hello all

It's been while since we've flown so please go easy. I saw this "double tier points" offer on here I don't recall an email from BAEC, however I did get one reducing my "Maintain Silver" requirement to 300TP from 450TP which was good of them.

* My TP year ends July 2022
* I have 0 TP currently
* June 7th I complete a BA Holiday LHR-DXB in First both ways (7 nights)

MMB says I will get 420TP for the trip, keeping Silver which is great. Would I also expect to end my TP year with 840TP? Appreciate it makes no difference but it would be a personal best.

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 27, 22, 7:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold
Originally Posted by CR8 View Post
Hello all

It's been while since we've flown so please go easy. I saw this "double tier points" offer on here I don't recall an email from BAEC, however I did get one reducing my "Maintain Silver" requirement to 300TP from 450TP which was good of them.

* I have 0 TP currently

MMB says I will get 420TP for the trip, keeping Silver which is great. Would I also expect to end my TP year with 840TP? Appreciate it makes no difference but it would be a personal best.

Thanks in advance
Hi
Your 'normal' 420 TPs should post pretty quickly.
It's then taking a delay for the 'bonus' 420 TPs to post. There is info about how to chase in this thread. You be in the beneficial situation where you can chase the bonus TPs after July and they bonus TPs may be credited to your next year. It does seem random and a manual process about when the TPs are credited, you might find they are back dated to your flight dates or not.
Old Apr 27, 22, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by RichieMc View Post
It means that you've gotten the TPs needed for silver for this current collection year ending September 8, 2022 (I guess at least 450). I don't think the 50% is relevant for you as it only applies to retaining, whereas it seems like you have moved up to silver. You now have silver status until end October 2023. If you get 450 TPs between September 9 and Dec 31, 2022, you'll renew again until end October 2024. If you don't make the 450 by the end of this calendar year, you'll need the full 600 by September 8, 2023 to retain.

Alternatively, you have until September 8, 2022 to get whatever you need to get the 1125 required for Gold.
Thanks I think this is what I thought it meant. I would like to get enough tier points after September to have silver for a further year if possible. Hopefully with the double tier points I could do this
Old Apr 27, 22, 7:55 am
CR8

Originally Posted by danmushman View Post
Hi
Your 'normal' 420 TPs should post pretty quickly.
It's then taking a delay for the 'bonus' 420 TPs to post. There is info about how to chase in this thread. You be in the beneficial situation where you can chase the bonus TPs after July and they bonus TPs may be credited to your next year. It does seem random and a manual process about when the TPs are credited, you might find they are back dated to your flight dates or not.
Thanks danmushman that's a great idea - thanks for the heads up - an additional 180TP should be easy in the next year (fingers crossed).
Old Apr 27, 22, 7:59 am

Thanks danmushman that's a great idea - thanks for the heads up - an additional 180TP should be easy in the next year (fingers crossed).
If you manage to get the 420 bonus TPs posted to next year, then I think if you can get 30 TPs before 31Dec22 you will requalify as silver.
Old Apr 27, 22, 8:02 am

Hello all

* I have 0 TP currently

Thanks in advance
You will end with 840 but although they take ages to post the bonus tier points, they always relate them separately to each flight and date flown so they will all go in your old year although you may not receive them until your new year. I suppose there would be no harm in asking BAEC if they could go towards the following year’s collection, as they’re keen to keep loyal customers of old. You may just be lucky!
Old Apr 27, 22, 8:02 am
CR8

Originally Posted by danmushman View Post
If you manage to get the 420 bonus TPs posted to next year, then I think if you can get 30 TPs before 31Dec22 you will requalify as silver.
Well that's even better :-) thank you
Old Apr 27, 22, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Dorowilson View Post
You will end with 840 but although they take ages to post the bonus tier points, they always relate them separately to each flight and date flown so they will all go in your old year although you may not receive them until your new year. I suppose there would be no harm in asking BAEC if they could go towards the following years collection, as theyre keen to keep loyal customers of old. You may just be lucky!
My bonus TPs from a double TP holiday in Feb just posted both on the same date in March. It didn't make any difference to me as it was the same TP year.
eading the thread there have been a few instances where people needed their bonus TPs credited before year end to reach status, but ended up being posted in the new year - meaning a lot more chasing to get sorted. Therefore I think it's very likely to be a manual process and up to whoever is actually processing it at the time which date the TPs are assigned to.
zen100 and sayling like this.
Old Apr 27, 22, 10:09 am

Programs: BAEC
I've asked this a few days ago in the TP run thread, so apologies if you're reading this twice. I'm thinking of doing a doing a 5 day trip to SOF and a.) nesting a reverse trip making 2 B2Bs and 2.) renting a car for 5 days for the LHR-SOF-LHR trip to get double TPs. Given that I'll be arriving and leaving straight away, my question is whether not actually picking up the car is any kind of problem?

Last edited by RichieMc; Apr 28, 22 at 2:07 am
Old Apr 28, 22, 2:47 am

I have a double TP holiday booked later this year and hoping via this to qualify for Gold for the 1st time in around Oct/Nov. My question (which is a rather 'novice' one) is; if my tier point year ends in March '23 when will my gold membership expire? Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 28, 22, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by ambpark View Post
I have a double TP holiday booked later this year and hoping via this to qualify for Gold for the 1st time in around Oct/Nov. My question (which is a rather 'novice' one) is; if my tier point year ends in March '23 when will my gold membership expire? Thanks in advance!

Hi

If you qualify for gold in Octor Nov you will
have gold for the rest of the tier point year to march 23
then for the whole of the next year to march 2024
so to March 2024

Your card end date should be april so you van enjoy gold benefits until April 2024 ( you would need to earn the tier points for gold renewal between March 2023 and March 2024 to enjoy gold beyond April 2024)

Regards

Tbs
ambpark likes this.
Old Apr 28, 22, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by ambpark View Post
The end of April 2024

Edit.. too slow .
The _Banking_Scot and ambpark like this.
Old Apr 28, 22, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Dorowilson View Post
You will end with 840 but although they take ages to post the bonus tier points, they always relate them separately to each flight and date flown so they will all go in your old year although you may not receive them until your new year. I suppose there would be no harm in asking BAEC if they could go towards the following years collection, as theyre keen to keep loyal customers of old. You may just be lucky!
While you're 100% correct in stating how it should work, plenty of people have reported (myself included) that the TPs are not backdated. It's very inconsistent.

So there is a reasonable chance that the double TPs for this person will post in the next year, which is great for them. But there is no certainty around that, so they will just have to treat it as an bonus, if it should happen.
sayling likes this.

Search this Thread