Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Double Tier Points on British Airways Holidays bookings [*now inc FROM USA*]

Old Sep 19, 2021, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sayling
Have your double Tier Points posted? If not (and 30 days 14 working days (changed Dec 2022) - have elapsed since your return date) send your membership number, date of birth, email address and postcode for each passenger in the reservation to [email protected] and they will award the Tier Points for you. See this post for more information.

This post contains:
  • Link to saved copies of the Terms and Conditions (UK)
  • Change history of the UK T&C
  • Current UK T&C (when maintained)
  • Some FAQs originally compiled by firstlight (I think)
  • Original US T&C added by Oxon Flyer
Historical T&C (UK)
See this post for historical terms and conditions

Change history:
Changes, correct as at 27 September 2023
  1. Condition 1.b) addition: "Please note: Flights marketed by British Airways with or without a BA flight number that are operated by Aer Lingus, China Southern or LATAM are not eligible for Tier Points."
  2. Condition 1.e) addition (original 1.e now 1.g): "The total trip length (time between first flight departing the UK and final flight returning to the UK) cannot exceed 30 days."
  3. Condition 1.f) addition: "Bookings can only contain one flight departing the UK, multiple journeys from the UK within one booking will not qualify."
As at 20 July 2023, extended to 31 December 2024
Now extended to 31 December 2023

Changes, correct as at 20 July 2023
  1. Condition 1.c) changed to: "The hotel/car element of the package must be for a minimum of five nights within the flight travel dates for travel before 31 December 2024."

Changes, correct as at 26 June 2023 (assumed - webpage states as 'at 26 June 2022' in condition 9 as at 7/7/2023)
  1. Condition 1.c) changed to: "The hotel/car element of the package must be for a minimum of five nights within the flight travel dates for travel before 31 December 2023."
  2. Condition 1.d) changed to: "The hotel/car element of the package must be used i.e. hotel occupied and or car rental hired for the full booked duration.", with original 1.d) now as 1.e)
  3. Condition 4. now refers to "within 14 working days of the return flight"

Changes, 'correct as at 20 December 2022':
  1. Condition 1.c) changed to: "The hotel/car element must be for a minimum of five nights for travel before 31 December 2023" (was 'whole trip')
  2. Condition 4. changed to: "Standard Tier Points for the flight elements will be awarded in line with regular awarding timelines after completion of the flight returning to the UK which is part of a Qualifying Booking. The initial transaction will be updated when the additional Tier Points due as a result of this promotion are added to the standard Tier Points, within 14 working days of the return sector which is part of a Qualifying Booking." (was 30 / 60 days) - possibly due to automation of the process

Link to full conditions: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...le-tier-pointsDouble Tier Points Terms and Conditions (UK)

This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person who has a British Airways Executive Club membership and who books and travels on a Qualifying Booking (see definition below). British Airways Holidays reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they unconditionally accept the Terms and Conditions set out below.

1. A “Qualifying Booking” is a British Airways Holidays booking that meets all of the following criteria:

a) The booking must be for a British Airways Holidays Flights + Hotel or Flights + Car or Flights + Hotel + Car package booking originating in the UK only.

b) The booking must contain British Airways flights including codeshares and British Airways marketed and/or operated flights only. Flights not meeting these criteria within the booking won’t be awarded Tier Points. Flights offered as part of a British Airways Holidays package that are provided by other airline partners that do not have a BA flight number will not be eligible. Please note: Flights marketed by British Airways with or without a BA flight number that are operated by Aer Lingus, China Southern or LATAM are not eligible for Tier Points.

c) The hotel/car element of the package must be for a minimum of five nights within the flight travel dates for travel before 31 December 2024.

d) The hotel/car element of the package must be used i.e. hotel occupied and or car rental hired for the full booked duration.

e) The total trip length (time between first flight departing the UK and final flight returning to the UK) cannot exceed 30 days.

f) Bookings can only contain one flight departing the UK, multiple journeys from the UK within one booking will not qualify.

g) The participant must register their British Airways Executive Club number against their booking prior to travel.

2. For the avoidance of doubt this offer does not apply to any British Airways flight only bookings made without a hotel or car or where the hotel or car is added to a booking in a separate transaction.

3. This promotion enables Eligible Participants to receive double Tier Points for all qualifying flights which are part of a Qualifying Booking. British Airways Executive Club Terms and Conditions and the Executive Club Conditions of Use will apply.

4. Standard Tier Points for the flight elements will be awarded in line with regular awarding timelines after completion of the flight returning to the UK which is part of a Qualifying Booking. The initial transaction will be updated when the additional Tier Points due as a result of this promotion are added to the standard Tier Points, within 14 working days of the return flight which is part of a Qualifying Booking.

5. The additional Tier Points covered by this promotion are non-transferable and there is no cash or credit alternative. British Airways does not accept any liability in the event that the double Tier Points received as a result of this promotion expire. Tier Points expire at the end of each membership year – the anniversary of when you joined the Club. However, they will be added to your Lifetime Tier Points, the total Tier Points you’ve ever earned with the Club. Your membership year-end date and Lifetime Tier Points are on your Account Page.

6. All holiday packages are offered subject to availability.

7. British Airways Holidays booking Terms and Conditions apply. All travel on British Airways flights is subject to British Airways General Conditions of Carriage and its Notice and Conditions of Contract as stated on each ticket or itinerary as provided. Passengers travelling on flights operated by another carrier will be subject to the conditions of carriage of that carrier.

8. British Airways Holidays reserves the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion at any time and for any reason.

9. Information is correct on 27 September 2023.

10. British Airways Holidays is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via any third-party website or home page access which reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or Terms and Conditions of this promotion.

11. Promotional materials form part of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions shall prevail if there is any conflict between these and the promotional materials.

12. This promotion will be governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
13. The promoter is British Airways Plc, Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, UB7 0GB. Registered No 1777777.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Do the points post automatically?
There's mixed reports, as of August 2022 there seems to be a new system where automation is getting tier points added more quickly, previously manual intervention and chasing BA was needed to get the bonus TPs. As of May 2023, when the automated crediting works, it appears to happen 2-3 weeks after the holiday concludes, on a Wednesday. When the promotion started some people found the points posted without having to do anything. Most people are using the email address above or calling BA phone lines.

2. I’ve waited for a very long time and the points have not posted. What can I do?
See the start of the wiki use the email indicated. Some people have found success by phoning their dedicated exec club number and asking.

3. Do I have to wait 30 or 60 days to ask for the bonus Tier Points (TPs)?
Now 14 working days after return. There’s mixed opinions on the board from those who have been waiting a long time. If the bonus TPs will upgrade your status then we suggest you ask for them as soon as you can.

4. The offer says the bonus tier points post with the same dates as the original flights but mine posted on the date I got the email. Why is this and can I change it?
The offer says that the bonus points should post on the dates of the original flights but very few are; normally they are posting on the date the bonus TPs are processed. If that affects you negatively then you should ask for them to be changed (email or phone). On the other hand some people are quite happy with them posting later, there’s no sign of BA changing dates retrospectively. Again, if you benefit from the posting date, the FT custom is to thank the BA IT dept. for their coding competence in silence.

5. Does the offer work just for the person booking /paying or for all passengers?
It works for all passengers on the same booking. Some people have had BA claim only the booker gets the bonus TPs. This has been happening to a number of posters recently and is not in accordance with the offer terms. If this happens to you, complain.

6. Does the 5 night qualification include nights on the plane? So if I book night flights both ways can I just stay 3 nights in a hotel and qualify?
It appears you have to have 5 hotel nights or five nights car hire in the booking: a night flight doesn’t count but if it’s all booked at one time then you can stay in multiple hotels (split stay)

7. Is there any limit to the number of bonus tier points I can get from the promotion?
Apparently not, there are some posters who already have had thousands of bonus tier points; depends on the depth of your wallet and availability of holidays.

8. Can I get upgraded status by using bonus Tier Points?
Yes, a number of posters have done this, not just getting to silver but to gold and beyond and at least 3 people have got GGL as a result of the offer

9. Do multi-stop tickets work?
Yes, a number of posters have had success – all the flights should have BA codeshare numbers but do not need to be on BA metal. Some posters have earned more than 1000 TPs in total for multi-stop trips they have taken.

10. What if my flight is disrupted / cancelled?
If your flights are changed at the last moment BA Holidays normally will reroute you. At least one poster has had BA change some of their flights to a non codeshare flight and still got the bonus TPs. It’s thought that you might get the bonus TPs but there’s no definite confirmation of this.

11. Do reduced TP earning thresholds for status levels apply to bonus TP earning?
Yes, up until the end of the 2022.

12. Can I earn GUF (Gold Upgrade Vouchers) using the offer?
Yes, if you get over 2500 or 3500 TPs in total as normal.

13. What about using vouchers or Upgrade with Avios with the offer?
Redemption holidays (avios plus a combination hotel) don’t qualify. Using UUA or vouchers (for which you have to call BA Holidays to use)- it’s not clear, we would expect the revenue level of tier points to post along with matching tier points to post, should you do better than this the custom on FT is to count your blessings in silence.

14. Do bonus TPs count towards lifetime tier point totals?
Yes.

15. I booked a car hire for the trip to convert a flight to a qualifying holiday. Do I have to actually pick up the car to get the bonus TPs?
The answer seems to be... depends on when you made the booking! Check the T&Cs for dates, but for bookings made prior to 26 June 2023, no. There is at least one poster who has not picked up the car and got the double tier points - although, in that case, Avis had massive queues and the poster had to leave the airport. It's probably OK to do this but not 100% definite. Others are claiming a sudden onset of amnesia on their arrival around their car hire booking and still apparently were getting the bonus points.

16. What happens if I booked according to the offer but then my flights / other arrangements get changed by BA holidays due to cancellations?
When you book it's worth getting a hard copy of your receipt as evidence. This will show you are in accordance with the offer terms. If things get changed later by BAH you can apply to BA to get the original offer TPs bonus TPs and Avios. This has worked for one person at least but you may have to be persistent.

Initial US terms and conditions
These seem to vary from the terms available for holidays originating from the UK.

This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person who has a British Airways Executive Club membership and who books and travels on a Qualifying Booking (see definition below). British Airways reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they unconditionally accept the Terms and Conditions set out below.

1. A “Qualifying Booking” is a British Airways vacation booking that meets all of the following criteria:

a)       The booking must be for a British Airways Flights + Hotel or Flights + Car or Flights + Hotel + Car package booking originating in the USA only, booked in one transaction.

b)      The booking must contain British Airways flights including codeshares and British Airways marketed and/or operated flights only. Flights not meeting these criteria within the booking won’t be awarded Tier Points. Flights offered as part of a British Airways vacation package that are provided by other airline partners that do not have a BA flight number will not be eligible.

c)       The hotel/car element of the package must be booked and used for the full duration of the vacation package, which must be a minimum of five nights, with the flights completed on or before 31 December 2024.

d)      The participant must register their British Airways Executive Club number against their booking prior to travel.

2. For the avoidance of doubt this offer does not apply to any British Airways flight only bookings made without a hotel or car or where the hotel or car is added to a booking in a separate transaction.

3. This promotion enables Eligible Participants to receive double Tier Points for all qualifying flights which are part of a Qualifying Booking. British Airways Executive Club Terms and Conditions and the Executive Club Conditions of Use will apply.

4. Standard Tier Points for the flight elements will be awarded in line with regular awarding timelines after completion of the flight returning to the USA which is part of a Qualifying Booking. The initial transaction will be updated when the additional Tier Points due as a result of this promotion are added to the standard Tier Points, within 14 working days of the return flight which is part of a Qualifying Booking.

5. The additional Tier Points covered by this promotion are non-transferable and there is no cash or credit alternative. British Airways does not accept any liability in the event that the double Tier Points received as a result of this promotion expire. Tier Points expire at the end of each membership year – the anniversary of when you joined the Club. However, they will be added to your Lifetime Tier Points, the total Tier Points you’ve ever earned with the Club. Your membership year-end date and Lifetime Tier Points are on your Account Page.

6. All vacation packages are offered subject to availability.

7. British Airways vacation booking Terms and Conditions apply. All travel on British Airways flights is subject to British Airways General Conditions of Carriage and its Notice and Conditions of Contract as stated on each ticket or itinerary as provided. Passengers travelling on flights operated by another carrier will be subject to the conditions of carriage of that carrier.

8. British Airways reserves the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion at any time and for any reason.

9. Information is correct on 27 July 2023.

10. British Airways is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via any third-party website or home page access which reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or Terms and Conditions of this promotion.

11. Promotional materials form part of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions shall prevail if there is any conflict between these and the promotional materials.

12. This promotion will be governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.

13. The promoter is British Airways Plc, Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, UB7 0GB. Registered No 1777777.
Print Wikipost

Double Tier Points on British Airways Holidays bookings [*now inc FROM USA*]

Old Aug 18, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
Originally Posted by felixpape
Hi,

I got back from BGI on the 13th (I booked a flight + car holiday) anyone know how long the extra tier points take to come through, i’ve got the original 140 for each way but no extra ones yet,

Thanks
I was on the web chat earlier with BA about something else and mentioned the BAH double tier points. I returned from UVF on the 16th July and haven't had anything. I asked if they could chase it up if possible and told they cant until 60 days has lapsed. So i am 1 month deep and expect it to take the full 60 roughly.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Hi,

I got back from BGI on the 13th (I booked a flight + car holiday) anyone know how long the extra tier points take to come through, i’ve got the original 140 for each way but no extra ones yet,

Thanks
Who knows? This whole thread revolves around discussion on the issues with response time consistency, on awarding the bonus points; response times have varied between about 2 weeks after return to 20 or even more. There seems to be a lull in awarding double points at the moment hopefully response times will improve after the summer.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi,

Thanks
It appears sadly you have to spend your time chasing them, of a family holiday taken in excess of 90 days ago involving 4 seperate bookings only the one I chased has been awarded, I only chased my own (and misses) so we get Gold, but have since realised that one of the kids can get Silver so I got them to chase also, the others wont make anything so not worth the effort - I still have another outstanding and a year end of 8th September getting closer daily. It really is not good enough.
Dicksbits and Fatdickie like this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by firstlight
Who knows? This whole thread revolves around discussion on the issues with response time consistency, on awarding the bonus points; response times have varied between about 2 weeks after return to 20 or even more. There seems to be a lull in awarding double points at the moment hopefully response times will improve after the summer.
Hopefully, the lull is being felt due to fewer people coming here to find out what to do, because their points are being awarded.

Doubtful, I would say, though, because it's likely there was quite an uptick in qualifying bookings over the last month or two, meaning the backlog is likely to have been growing. It's all conjecture though - perhaps BA have put more staff on to the programme whilst they wait for security clearance (unlikely). I honestly expect there to be longer delays until October, when the programme ends and they can then work through the backlog.

The best thing that BA can do (other than draft an army in to clear the backlog) is make an honest statement and let people know what is going on. If the current turnround is 120 days, tell people about it.
But they won't
GlasgowBlue likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
I spoke to the GGL line once the 60-day time period had elapsed and it was dealt with within 48h
firstlight likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
2 Weeks

After returning from our last holiday on 5th August I contacted BA via the web chat early this week and got the " You have to wait 60 days before we chase" communication.
We had chased as we were 5 points short of gold, and flying in a fortnight. Out of the blue today, both of our home pages changed to a gold border, and Bonus seems to have been added (though not showing on recent transactions yet).
Much quicker than last holiday bonus, and happy Mr & Mrs Windsock.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by windsock
After returning from our last holiday on 5th August I contacted BA via the web chat early this week and got the " You have to wait 60 days before we chase" communication.
We had chased as we were 5 points short of gold, and flying in a fortnight. Out of the blue today, both of our home pages changed to a gold border, and Bonus seems to have been added (though not showing on recent transactions yet).
Much quicker than last holiday bonus, and happy Mr & Mrs Windsock.
Congratulations - your experience gives me hope! We've got the annoying situation where the extra TPs we're waiting on from two holidays (returns 29 days, and 4 days ago) will get us over the threshold for Gold; and we have another trip coming up in a month, so really hoping to have that status by then...

Sent emails to both email addresses, no response yet. Had a crack at the webchat, but was firmly told the "wait 60 days" spiel - although the agent did mention that "that department has more colleagues now" so it should go faster in the future.

In the past, I had chased two other bookings, and had the bonus points awarded in one go as a direct response to my chase, 46 days, and 22 days after return.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by groenroos
Congratulations - your experience gives me hope! We've got the annoying situation where the extra TPs we're waiting on from two holidays (returns 29 days, and 4 days ago) will get us over the threshold for Gold; and we have another trip coming up in a month, so really hoping to have that status by then...

Sent emails to both email addresses, no response yet. Had a crack at the webchat, but was firmly told the "wait 60 days" spiel - although the agent did mention that "that department has more colleagues now" so it should go faster in the future.

In the past, I had chased two other bookings, and had the bonus points awarded in one go as a direct response to my chase, 46 days, and 22 days after return.
Hopefully, the points will come through in time - what will you get extra as Gold for the trip that you won't get as Silver?
Old Aug 18, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sayling
Hopefully, the points will come through in time - what will you get extra as Gold for the trip that you won't get as Silver?
First class lounge + First Wing in LHR, and, hopefully we'll be able to grab seats in row 1 in CE, which for us two rather tall people and an infant, gives us a more reasonable amount of room.
sayling likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Back in May I took a BAH JER-LHR-LAS return with a friend, with four nights in a hotel. Bizarrely yesterday they had double points applied, but I haven't. I really don't understand how this scenario happens!
Old Aug 19, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by stevebintley
Back in May I took a BAH JER-LHR-LAS return with a friend, with four nights in a hotel. Bizarrely yesterday they had double points applied, but I haven't. I really don't understand how this scenario happens!
Interesting, I too have just got a bonus TP addition for the last holiday but Mrs. Firstlight doesn't seem to have done (yet). While I don't need the TPs she does for her GGL and this year's jokers. It could be that they are actually in mid process on this and I'll wait till tomorrow.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Just to add to the reference points, my OH's bonus points posted yesterday (after the 60 day chase) but mine only posted today (and I could see my balance update on the website, but the posting took a while to show in my statement), so it seems like there is a delay in posting all parties extra TP's at the moment, so perhaps give it a day or 2 before chasing.

Pilot37
firstlight, m8_rotate and sayling like this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
Yesterday I received my double tier points for a trip in January. I hadn't chased up on this recently.
firstlight and sayling like this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
We are all reading posts about flyers having to chase up their double points. Can I ask.. does anyone get them without having to chase or does everyone have to chase?
Old Aug 19, 2022, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
We are all reading posts about flyers having to chase up their double points. Can I ask.. does anyone get them without having to chase or does everyone have to chase?
You do not have to chase - there are recent examples above where people haven't chased and have received the bonus points
oxtailsoup likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.