Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Spain

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2021, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
All correct and definitely best also to have a print backup in case of phone failure / loss. You also need to complete a Spain Travel form within 48 hrs of arrival. It gives you a QR code that will be scanned on arrival.
Thanks. I assume that you only need to show fhe Spain Travel form upon arrival in Spain and doesn't need to be shown at outbound UK check-in?
Old Aug 14, 2021, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Thanks. I assume that you only need to show fhe Spain Travel form upon arrival in Spain and doesn't need to be shown at outbound UK check-in?
BA check-in will want to see both the Spanish form and your vaccination status.

You may be able to upload both via MMB prior to your flight, this saves a few minutes at check-in.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 12:36 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Question for the AGP regulars. Is the club desk normally the one on the right or left? (LHR flight)
Old Aug 29, 2021, 12:58 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by A P Yu
Question for the AGP regulars. Is the club desk normally the one on the right or left? (LHR flight)
The organisation of the desks is very poor and inconsistent and may depend how many flights they are checking in, but generally Club is on the left.
A P Yu likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 1:46 am

I’m sure I’ll get lambasted by a few about this. Looking at prices for next summer to AGP, BA are asking for £300 more than usual. Before people jump down my throat, I know prices can fluctuate and prices could go down but I always book way in advance and I often find that the price shown now, doesn’t fluctuate too much when compared to booking in January or closer to departure.

Historically, I used to get CE for around £450 but last year it was £550 and now they want £900+. This is for late July, return in early August from MAN and only using LHR flight. Yes, LCY/LGW are cheaper but I can’t be bothered with the travel across London.

Is this BA trying to push people in to the LGW flights prior to the low cost launching or is it BA trying to make up for a poor 2021? As much as I am dedicated to BA, I can’t justify £900 for a flight to Spain

Anyone else seeing extortionate prices rises??
Old Aug 29, 2021, 2:02 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Mr Silver K Just wait and the cheaper fare buckets will be released and the prices will soften.
Or can you book with avios? There is loads of availability still.
A P Yu likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by A P Yu
Fairly consistently on the left in my experience.
A P Yu likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mr Silver K
I’m sure I’ll get lambasted by a few about this. Looking at prices for next summer to AGP, BA are asking for £300 more than usual. Before people jump down my throat, I know prices can fluctuate and prices could go down but I always book way in advance and I often find that the price shown now, doesn’t fluctuate too much when compared to booking in January or closer to departure.

Historically, I used to get CE for around £450 but last year it was £550 and now they want £900+. This is for late July, return in early August from MAN and only using LHR flight. Yes, LCY/LGW are cheaper but I can’t be bothered with the travel across London.

Is this BA trying to push people in to the LGW flights prior to the low cost launching or is it BA trying to make up for a poor 2021? As much as I am dedicated to BA, I can’t justify £900 for a flight to Spain

Prices are always high one year in advance. The only people who book paid travel a year in advance have very little flexibility on dates / location.

Wait for 3-6 months and the fares will come down to a more palatable level. Set up Google Flights to monitor the price for you...
Old Aug 29, 2021, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold

Although you’ve missed the boat now, over the last year you book the very cheapest winter flight exLGW and wait for it to be cancelled. Then you have free change to any date from Heathrow going forwards….. saves hundreds to get onto the right date and timed flight you actually wanted. Probably still possible if you can work out which flights may still be cancelled…
Old Aug 29, 2021, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Mr Silver K Just wait and the cheaper fare buckets will be released and the prices will soften.
Or can you book with avios? There is loads of availability still.
I thought about that too. For summer 2020 I was booked in to C bucket and for 2021 it’s C bucket too

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Prices are always high one year in advance. The only people who book paid travel a year in advance have very little flexibility on dates / location.

Wait for 3-6 months and the fares will come down to a more palatable level. Set up Google Flights to monitor the price for you...
As I said, I have experience booking this far in advance for over 8 years and the prices never fluctuate much. My dates are no flexible as I go for my birthday

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Although you’ve missed the boat now, over the last year you book the very cheapest winter flight exLGW and wait for it to be cancelled. Then you have free change to any date from Heathrow going forwards….. saves hundreds to get onto the right date and timed flight you actually wanted. Probably still possible if you can work out which flights may still be cancelled…
Yeah it’s been good for 2020 travel but with the low cost arm being launched in ‘May’, then I doubt that will be an option for 2021. Even if I look at flights for June, the prices seem sky high
Old Aug 29, 2021, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought about that too. For summer 2020 I was booked in to C bucket and for 2021 it’s C bucket too

As I said, I have experience booking this far in advance for over 8 years and the prices never fluctuate much. My dates are no flexible as I go for my birthday

Yeah it’s been good for 2020 travel but with the low cost arm being launched in ‘May’, then I doubt that will be an option for 2021. Even if I look at flights for June, the prices seem sky high
https://www.google.co.uk/travel/flig...AAYAA&curr=GBP

Book this now for £230. When it gets canned / moved to Heathrow then change to the dates you want. Total bargain
craigthemif likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond

My dates are no flexible as I go for my birthday

Which is why airlines know that you are going to book, no matter what the price...

If you really think that all possible flights to AGP are going to sell out 11 months in advance and BA won't add any additional capacity, pay the price. Otherwise wait like everybody else...
Old Aug 29, 2021, 2:48 am

https://www.google.co.uk/travel/flig...AAYAA&curr=GBP

Book this now for £230. When it gets canned / moved to Heathrow then change to the dates you want. Total bargain
Doesn’t the pax need to pay the fare difference for significant date changes?
Old Aug 29, 2021, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Doesn’t the pax need to pay the fare difference for significant date changes?
No.

I booked a £550 exJER (from LGW) DXB in WTP for £450 using the £100 off with Avios last week. JER cancelled, moved to next year for free when prices were double. Don’t even need to call, can be done through MMB.

Ditto a cheapo AGP in Y for March, £50 from LGW, moved to premium dates and times from LHR when cancelled.

No uplift at all on cancelled flights.
jonr405 and Mr Silver K like this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 2:59 am

No.

I booked a £550 exJER (from LGW) DXB in WTP for £450 using the £100 off with Avios last week. JER cancelled, moved to next year for free when prices were double. Don’t even need to call, can be done through MMB.

Ditto a cheapo AGP in Y for March, £50 from LGW, moved to premium dates and times from LHR when cancelled.

No uplift at all on cancelled flights.
Thanks for the heads up! I like it when you get constructive responses. Too often people are quick to put others down
mikeyfly likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.