BA and Spain

Old Aug 9, 2021, 9:27 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Any idea if they have made any effort at all to sort out the shambolic check in queues (sadly I am often travelling with checked bags, so no way of avoiding them) ?
Checkin is still hardly ideal but slightly better as HBO's can now bypass the queue and go straightthrough. In saying that the airport is really busy, car parking spaces are limited and the security guards are looking at industrial action. Mix that in with plenty of tourists with kids, liquids in hand luggage, the new/old B gate approach and the PLF queues its no fun here currently.

I can't say it's will be much better early September but I bl00dy hope so..
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by Mr Silver K
I travelled on Friday with that exact test and no issues. I found them to be super efficient and cheaper than UK provider. When I went to my appointment, they said I could use the booking at any time before 31/12/21 so they are flexible with changes too. Highly recommend them! VeriFLY accepted the results too in case you’re using that
I had found this provider too. When I tried to find out where they are it looked like a unit off site from the airport. Do you mind letting us know exactly where it is and is it easy access? When I looked on streetview it seemed to be near the airport but in a bulding where some of the car hire companies are? Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Checkin is still hardly ideal but slightly better as HBO's can now bypass the queue and go straightthrough. In saying that the airport is really busy, car parking spaces are limited and the security guards are looking at industrial action. Mix that in with plenty of tourists with kids, liquids in hand luggage, the new/old B gate approach and the PLF queues its no fun here currently.

I can't say it's will be much better early September but I bl00dy hope so..
Have they still got the same system in the lounge as in June when you had to queue up for service, it took 15 minutes to get to the front it was a complete shambles. Hope they've brought back the normal self service?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by northeastflyer
I had found this provider too. When I tried to find out where they are it looked like a unit off site from the airport. Do you mind letting us know exactly where it is and is it easy access? When I looked on streetview it seemed to be near the airport but in a bulding where some of the car hire companies are? Thanks for your help.
It’s inside the terminal building. Past most of the check-in desks and on the left. Security don’t let you in without a boarding pass but I told them I was having a Covid test and they pointed in the direction. No direction signage in terminal to it but keep waking and you’ll find them.

Originally Posted by paulaf
Have they still got the same system in the lounge as in June when you had to queue up for service, it took 15 minutes to get to the front it was a complete shambles. Hope they've brought back the normal self service?
Still the same system which is a pain. They try their best but it’s very slow and difficult to put across what you want sometimes. I should learn more Spanish and stop expecting them to understand my northern accent haha
Old Aug 11, 2021, 4:25 am

Still the same system which is a pain. They try their best but it’s very slow and difficult to put across what you want sometimes. I should learn more Spanish and stop expecting them to understand my northern accent haha
It was bad in June, dread to think what its like when they get really busy, wo betide if you want another drink. They hadn't invented trays there either then so it was a struggle carrying everything back to the table, took 3 trips!
Mr Silver K likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by paulaf
It was bad in June, dread to think what its like when they get really busy, wo betide if you want another drink. They hadn't invented trays there either then so it was a struggle carrying everything back to the table, took 3 trips!
Make sure to leave the lounge with plenty of time. I left at 11:00 for the 11:40 flight but only got through passport checks and to the gate with 10 mins to go. A lot of people panicking and asking to jump the queue as there are a lot of flights leaving for the UK at the same time
paulaf likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 9:49 am

Make sure to leave the lounge with plenty of time. I left at 11:00 for the 11:40 flight but only got through passport checks and to the gate with 10 mins to go. A lot of people panicking and asking to jump the queue as there are a lot of flights leaving for the UK at the same time
What day of the week was this and what time please. Thanks.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 9:59 am

What day of the week was this and what time please. Thanks.
Friday 6th August, 11:40 flight. There was a Jet2 flight at 11:45 and I believe an easyJet flight at 11:45 too.

Moral of the story is to check the board in the lounge for UK flights and see if there are other flights likely to depart B gates around the same time

Last edited by Mr Silver K; Aug 11, 2021 at 11:57 am
Old Aug 11, 2021, 10:06 am

Friday 6th August, 11:40 flight. There was a Jet2 flight at 11:45 and I believe an easyJet flight at 11:45 too.

Moral of the story is to check the board in the lounge for UK flights and see if there are other flights likely to depart C gates around the same time
Thanks. Is it only C gates pax that have to go through the pre gate passport control?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)

Moral of the story is to check the board in the lounge for UK flights and see if there are other flights likely to depart C gates around the same time
Are BA flights back to the C gates ? They moved to the B gates when the B gates re-opened at end June.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 11:54 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
I ordered the chronomics test via BA yesterday at Ł22.40 each which is pretty similar to whatI recently paid @ €24.95 for a rapid test in Spain. Its one of those you take with you, self administer and send a photo for a certificate. I have used qured before and that worked really well, this option seems even simpler with no need for the video chat.

I can't speak for Ibiza but I can't image its much different from Malaga where I live and there will be plenty of local options at clinics for tourists and locals alike. Others will no doubt chime in but I doubt you will have any issues finding a local solution if you decide to go that route.

Have a great trip.
Thanks @sunshinebob! I went with Chronomix as I rather spending time at the resort then potentially having to go out, find a place, etc.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Are BA flights back to the C gates ? They moved to the B gates when the B gates re-opened at end June.
You’re right! I’ve amended my post. It’s basically the old part of the terminal. I got gazumped by the common sense that the gates go B-C-A rather than the common sense of C-B-A haha
Old Aug 11, 2021, 12:03 pm

Thanks. Is it only C gates pax that have to go through the pre gate passport control?
My bad, I meant the B gates (old terminal part). That’s where all the non-EU flights depart so need a stamp to depart. Catch people that stay longer than the permitted 90 days, I gather. All other flights don’t need passport checks is my understanding
Old Aug 12, 2021, 1:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Getting tempted to book TFS for October as I have a flight voucher burning a hole in my pocket. I suppose the main risk is testing positive with the pre-departure test for the return flight. Personally, I wouldn't be against an extra 10 days there but I wouldn't want to explain it to my boss.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 2:08 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by Camflyer
Getting tempted to book TFS for October as I have a flight voucher burning a hole in my pocket. I suppose the main risk is testing positive with the pre-departure test for the return flight. Personally, I wouldn't be against an extra 10 days there but I wouldn't want to explain it to my boss.
Or if you got a double whammy, when you finally do get back, you might also be called up by T&T and told to isolate for a further 10 days because someone else on the flight back tested positive on their day 2 test .....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.