Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by carat22
Jonkx, are you taking the PCR or LAMP because you are not double vaccinated?

It didn't find it clear if you needed a LAMP or PCR prior to entry even if you are double vaccinated
If you have been double vaccinated, and 14 or more days have passed since your second shot (or 1 shot in the case of Janssen), then you don´t need any additional tests.

If you have not been vaccinated and travelling from the UK, you need an NAAT test within the 72h prior to arrival into Spain (it used to be 48h, but they changed it now back to 72h). PCR and LAMP are both NAAT Tests.
Oaxaca likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by tobsw
If you have been double vaccinated, and 14 or more days have passed since your second shot (or 1 shot in the case of Janssen), then you don´t need any additional tests.

If you have not been vaccinated and travelling from the UK, you need an NAAT test within the 72h prior to arrival into Spain (it used to be 48h, but they changed it now back to 72h). PCR and LAMP are both NAAT Tests.
Thanks Tobsw, really appreciated and that's super clear.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 5:13 pm

Programs: BAEC
I’m pretty sure it was always gate C33(?) at AGP? The corner gate (in terms of the plane location).

Has brexit actually caused the change of gates/ terminal? Or is something else at play here? I’m not asking about politics but logistics.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 5:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Gate C31
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 5:50 pm

Yes sorry. I remember now. C31. I hope that isn’t confined to the BA - Malaga history books.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 1:39 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Correct C31 but the C gates are currently not passport checking gates and you will be directed to B gates when flying to the UK. Its the oldest part of the terminal quite a state when you land into Spain. It changed this month with a new wall erected beside the huge row of non functional E gates.

Malaga had more than 60 flights yesterday Morning alone - its very busy/understaffed so what with the new much longer B Gate walk and the Spanish QR code queues ( where circa 10% it seemed did not have the forms ) be prepared for a longer transfer time from jet to landside.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 8:21 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Quick q. on the new AGP B gate arrival logistics. Is the immigration queuing system as before (long corridor ending in a few non-functioning e-gates on the left and 4 manned desks just round the corner)?
Old Jul 20, 2021, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Quick q. on the new AGP B gate arrival logistics. Is the immigration queuing system as before (long corridor ending in a few non-functioning e-gates on the left and 4 manned desks just round the corner)?
Its now a corridor where you move sideways into a area the size of a tennis court with 4/6 "all passport" booths all with lines (youre coming in at 90 degrees to the nearest one) and two EU booths which will presumably be unmanned as all flights are non-EU flights. There will be wheelchairs cutting in at both ends with people chris-crossing and queue jumping. If you have ever been skiing think of it as a really busy French/Italian button lift with zero queuing etiquette.

It really is a major step down from the traditional C31 experience.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 8:47 am

Who would have thought that we would be looking back nostalgically to the moderately unpleasant C gate experience ?! I think I do remember back to a time when the B gates were used and immigration took one into the very far left hand end of the baggage area (if facing the belts).

I was hoping the EU desks might be open for Spanish nationals, as I also have an EU passport. Sounds like it is not to be .
Old Jul 22, 2021, 10:57 am

As lots of people on here are interested in Malaga and the Costa del Sol, note that in the entire region partial Covid restrictions will apply from tonight. New Covid restrictions in Malaga as the whole of the province moves to health alert level 3 . surinenglish.com

Surely the UK gov cannot delay further moving Spain to the Amber+ list, with the inevitable flight canx that will follow.
paulaf and Mr Silver K like this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 11:07 am

As lots of people on here are interested in Malaga and the Costa del Sol, note that in the entire region partial Covid restrictions will apply from tonight.
To be honest if you're not into clubbing it won't make much difference. Almost all of the rise can be attributed to the sub 30 age group partying hard in the wee small hours. If you're not in that subsection you should not get effected by these small changes in covid protocols.
paulaf and Mr Silver K like this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
To be honest if you're not into clubbing it won't make much difference. Almost all of the rise can be attributed to the sub 30 age group partying hard in the wee small hours. If you're not in that subsection you should not get effected by these small changes in covid protocols.
Whilst I don't disagree at all, the restrictions evidence a runaway spread of the virus in the region as a whole, and not just the nightlife hotspots like Puerto Banus. The real issue is not whether the restrictions themselves discourage travel, but whether they force UK gov's hand to make another highly unpopular decision with little or no notice to the travelling public.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 11:20 am

The real issue is not whether the restrictions themselves discourage travel, but whether they force UK gov's hand to make another highly unpopular decision with little or no notice to the travelling public.
True...

Latest figures per 100k across Andlucia
Old Jul 22, 2021, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by sunshinebob

It really is a major step down from the traditional C31 experience.
It makes me wonder who on earth is designing, managing and deciding on the Malaga passenger experience. I was hopeful years back when they finally got rid of those 4 x “travel-ators” up to a food court type waiting area for pre-departures! Remember those?!

Then came the enormous new terminal and it’s ridiculous sized canopy for vehicle drop offs, as well the new feels-like-kilometre long travel-ators between car parks and terminal entrances.

Then there was the ramp down from arrivals to car hire which often, in peak seasons, was a 100 deep up the ramp for Gold Car! With people trying to prevent their trolleys from running down and knocking out the people in front.

The whole airport feels a shambles. On one visit you think they are making progress, the next visit the experience is bizarre and often illogical (comparing years not your weekly trips of course!). I now dread the trip after what you’ve described, I’ll await until September for a quieter time.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by carat22
Jonkx, are you taking the PCR or LAMP because you are not double vaccinated?

It didn't find it clear if you needed a LAMP or PCR prior to entry even if you are double vaccinated
Hi, sorry didn't see this before now so sorry of reply is too late to be useful. Both of us were double vaccinated but one was less than two weeks, so needed an NAAT test. Went for PCR from Boots in the end, and got result back within 24 hours. All worked fine when we got to Spain, showed QR code and then vaccination/PCR certificates.

Fortunately had printed both, as the day we left London both our NHS apps stopped working - not sure, but we think our GP practice has changed hands and they've changed the IT system. Will have to check when we get home, or try and phone them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.