Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2021, 2:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Skellig
I thought I would ask here to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

My colleague was flying from Malaga to Heathrow on Wednesday, travelling for the first time in over a year. She had taken a test on Sunday (per UK GOV website “You must take the test in the 3 days before the service on which you will arrive in England departs. For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you can take the test on or after Tuesday and will need to have the negative result available before boarding on Friday.”) She then got stopped trying to board because her test was not within 72 hours ie she had taken the test on Sunday morning and the flight was on Wednesday afternoon. She said that she turned on the tears and that worked and they let her on.

Has anyone else had this or was it just another day at Malaga?
yes sadly the agent at Malaga was wrong. It is anytime in the last 3 days, not 72 hours before. Timatic also clearly says 3 days and does not say 72 hours. Glad she managed to get on in the end.
adrianlondon and Skellig like this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Exec
Originally Posted by The_Editor
Sorry if this is a silly question - where on the site can you upload documentation? Thanks!
For me, there is a link in MMB. I was also sent an SMS and email with a link approx 48 hours before departure.

Nick.
The_Editor likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 3:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by nick50000
For me, there is a link in MMB. I was also sent an SMS and email with a link approx 48 hours before departure.

Nick.
Thanks Nick! I can't see it in MMB. Due to go next weekend on a BAH booking, so hopefully it'll pop up at some point. Thanks!
Old Jul 2, 2021, 3:59 am

Programs: BA Exec
Originally Posted by The_Editor
Thanks Nick! I can't see it in MMB. Due to go next weekend on a BAH booking, so hopefully it'll pop up at some point. Thanks!
I don't remember seeing it until about 2 days before departure.

The_Editor likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 5:26 am

Programs: BAEC
So I guess I just here to say that a lot of folks have asked how to get to Spain with testing within the 48 hour window without PCR or RAT. The answer is the LAMP test that now has a rapid version (also
a NAAT and therefore fully compatible with the test requirements) that takes about 90-120 minutes (advertised as 90). Prices vary but expect about Ł60-85 and a lot of airports are offering pre-flight testing including LCY.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 6:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Indeed, I am doing a Collinson LAMP test at T5 this afternoon, which was Ł68 including the BA discount and takes away the anxiety of not getting a result before a Sunday morning flight.
Frustratingly had my second jab last week
Old Jul 2, 2021, 6:49 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond

Could Ibiza be off the green list by next weekend realistically?
Old Jul 2, 2021, 7:43 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by PxC

Could Ibiza be off the green list by next weekend realistically?
We're booked to PMI next Saturday and I'm currently rebooking it all to Malta - I think the chances of it staying green until we're home on the 17th July are almost zero based on their numbers this week. Also with it being 'green watch list' there could be zero notice of the change to Amber.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 8:08 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by Skellig
I thought I would ask here to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

My colleague was flying from Malaga to Heathrow on Wednesday, travelling for the first time in over a year. She had taken a test on Sunday (per UK GOV website “You must take the test in the 3 days before the service on which you will arrive in England departs. For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you can take the test on or after Tuesday and will need to have the negative result available before boarding on Friday.”) She then got stopped trying to board because her test was not within 72 hours ie she had taken the test on Sunday morning and the flight was on Wednesday afternoon. She said that she turned on the tears and that worked and they let her on.

Has anyone else had this or was it just another day at Malaga?
At Malaga they are, sadly a combo of very ignorant, slow and not v bright. My check in yesterday took 1 hr (notwithstanding Gold card and supposed - but non-existent - priority) because they were making such a horlicks of the doc checks. I had an issue back in May as I had done my test 3 days before, but actually well within the 72 hrs. Even that produced lots of head scratching and a call from the check-in agent to who knows where.
Skellig likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by HarryBA
Wife and I are booked to Spain 19th of July, both in healthcare and fully vaccinated for weeks.

my wife’s NHS app account is in her married name but passport is in her maiden name.

anyone have any experience with this?

She is involved in a UK wide clinical study, so provides a blood sample weekly for covid antibodies and PCR plus she does LAMP testing for work. belt and braces stuff.
But none of it I think can be used as proof of PCR/COVID status under the rules!
So - definitely cannot enter certificate details without matching surnames... I am not sure what to do with this.
Passport = married name, NHS App = maiden name.
I travel on Sunday, so don't really want to try changing NHS name...

Edit: I see on the Spanish Health portal it says:
(**)If you do not have an EU COVID Digital Certificate, your certificate can be validated upon arrival, if necessary.

What would you do?

Last edited by want2goeverywhere; Jul 2, 2021 at 8:52 am Reason: Update
Old Jul 2, 2021, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by want2goeverywhere
So - definitely cannot enter certificate details without matching surnames... I am not sure what to do with this.
Passport = married name, NHS App = maiden name.
I travel on Sunday, so don't really want to try changing NHS name...

Edit: I see on the Spanish Health portal it says:
(**)If you do not have an EU COVID Digital Certificate, your certificate can be validated upon arrival, if necessary.

What would you do?
i corrected my name by emailing my GP with copy passport. updated same day reflecting on app instantly. speak to your GPs office. i live in England

My GP explained they can update NHS main record but hospital records may not auto-update. however the app updates immediately
Old Jul 2, 2021, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by WeLoveSpace
i corrected my name by emailing my GP with copy passport. updated same day reflecting on app instantly. speak to your GPs office. i live in England

My GP explained they can update NHS main record but hospital records may not auto-update. however the app updates immediately

I have done this. Waiting for app to update...
Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:38 pm

I have done this. Waiting for app to update...
Done!
Does anyone know if Spain accepts the qr code on app or if best to print cert?
Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Done!
Does anyone know if Spain accepts the qr code on app or if best to print cert?

Surely printed is best. BA will also want to check your status.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Surely printed is best. BA will also want to check your status.
Yes, printed is definitely best.

Question is more is it necessary (I don't have a printer at home). Also same q for my husbands pcr test result (may only get that at 10pm Saturday, leave for airport 8am sunday).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.