Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2021, 9:24 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
I noticed that in Marbella over the w/e. I don't blame them with untested / unvaccinated Brit tourists about !
Yeh catching Covid must be a real worry when walking around outside in a breeze..

Does anyone know if the NHS will be accepted for vaccination status? Has to be surely?
Old Jun 28, 2021, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
About time too! It was always crazy allowing in the masses with no regard to the risk they present. And very unnerving flying down (as I did a week ago) on a 98% full flight with no scope for social distancing and knowing it was likely fairly heavily loaded with people who are neither tested nor vaccinated (there were a good few younger people).

The increase in infections in the Costa del Sol area (now running at 185 per 100k on a 14 day average and 250 in some tourist spots) evidences the folly of the existing policy.
If you're "unnerved", then why don't you stay behind the sofa and stop judging people legitimately and legally travelling whether vaccinated, tested or otherwise? BA won't let anybody on the aircraft that doesn't comply with the requirements of the destination, so if you don't like it then don't travel.
vanmunchen and PleasureFlyer like this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by steview111
If you're "unnerved", then why don't you stay behind the sofa and stop judging people legitimately and legally travelling whether vaccinated, tested or otherwise? BA won't let anybody on the aircraft that doesn't comply with the requirements of the destination, so if you don't like it then don't travel.
Well, I am obviously not alone in feeling concern about the implications of being cooped up for several hours in close proximity to untested and unvaccinated Brits. I believe that there is, from Friday, nowhere in the world that is accepting such arrivals. So, for the moment, my concerns are allayed and I can come out from behind the sofa again !
Old Jun 28, 2021, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by PxC
Yeh catching Covid must be a real worry when walking around outside in a breeze..
Who has the first idea with the most recent variants ? You only have to watch the spread of a cloud of cigarette smoke in the breeze to see how the virus could be spreading. The infection rate here is in excess of 250 per 100k, so something is sure spreading the virus. Given how outdoor the life is here, it does not seem that being outdoors is any guarantee of safety in a place where life is lived outdoors.

EDITED: The 250 per 100k has today jumped to 300+. The arrival of tourists is taking it inexorably in one direction.

Last edited by Frequentflyer99; Jun 28, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Old Jun 28, 2021, 10:05 am

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Originally Posted by tedmak
Just had my Bilbao return flights cancelled. Was due to fly out on 19th July and return one week later.
Gutted to say the least and to only have three week's notice.

Anyone been to Valencia and would they recommend it?
i lived about 45 mins away from Valencia for several years. Beautiful vibrant city with nice beaches, great friendly people, lovely cafes and restaurants would definitely try it
Old Jun 28, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
i lived about 45 mins away from Valencia for several years. Beautiful vibrant city with nice beaches, great friendly people, lovely cafes and restaurants would definitely try it
we have a summer house about 45 mins from Valencia in Gandia. wonderful little Spanish town and great beaches.

Valencia is a great spot. Hotels are great for the price, food is great, lots of bars, food and fun in a compact beautiful city.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 12:57 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
The question has not yet been answered - does anyone know if the certificate from the NHS App is sufficient to provide entry into Spain? I now have had quite enough of all the testing at fantastic cost and am now not planning to come to the UK until all this settles down somewhat. I accept wholeheartedly the need to test but the charges are beyond ridiculous.
jonkx and jonr405 like this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
The question has not yet been answered - does anyone know if the certificate from the NHS App is sufficient to provide entry into Spain? I now have had quite enough of all the testing at fantastic cost and am now not planning to come to the UK until all this settles down somewhat. I accept wholeheartedly the need to test but the charges are beyond ridiculous.
The latest I can find would suggest it should be sufficient, but not yet explicitly clear.

In the relevant Spanish govt travel health page (English version) at https://www.spth.gob.es/info-pcr

it states
From 7 June 2021, all those passengers from a country/area that has a SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus risk, must present, a certificate or document certifying vaccination against COVID-19 or a negative certificate of a Diagnostic Test of Active Infection or a certificate of Recovery after having passed this disease in order to enter Spain. This can be a EU Digital COVID Certificate, or a supporting document of those indicated above, whether the traveller arrives from an EU member state or from a third country.

Children under 12 years of age are not required to present these certificates or supporting documents.

The list of risk countries/areas can be seen on this link.

In the case of certificates or supporting documents (vaccination, diagnostic test, recovery), which are not EU Digital COVID Certificates, they must be the original, in Spanish, English, French or German and may be submitted in paper or electronic format. Any of these documents shall contain, at least, the following data: name and surname of the traveller and:
-In the case of documentary evidence of vaccination: date of vaccination with full schedule, at least 14 days prior to arrival in Spain, with vaccines authorised by the European Medicines Agency or by the World Health Organisation, and country where vaccinated.
The last part (my italics) would suggest that the NHS app generated certificate should be enough, since it contains all the required information, but not (yet) explicitly stated on this page. Perhaps it will be updated, now that the requirement is being applied to UK arrivals.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
This is an excellent question.

Spain website shows: This certificate or supporting document (vaccination, diagnostic test, recovery) must be the original; it must be written in Spanish, English, French or German and may be submitted in paper or electronic format. Any such document shall contain at least the following information: Traveller's name and surnames, personal identification number used to obtain SpTH QR. In addition: -In the case of documentary evidence of vaccination: date of complete vaccination, vaccine administered and country where vaccinated.

NHS COVID travel pass shows:
- date of each shot
- vaccine product, manufacturer & batch number
- country of vaccination: GB

I don't see a personal ID number, although it has a QR code.

second question:
- does anyone know how to time the PCR testing for spain? It seems swab needs to be taken within 48 hours of arrival in spain, but most centres allow for 48 hours to get results back to you (although possible to get it earlier).
Old Jun 28, 2021, 2:57 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
It’s 72h not 48h, no?
Old Jun 28, 2021, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by ENTP
It’s 72h not 48h, no?
It's 72h not 48h, yes..
Old Jun 28, 2021, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by ENTP
It’s 72h not 48h, no?
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
It's 72h not 48h, yes..
Um the government website (https://www.spth.gob.es/info-pcr) says

Made within 48 hours prior to arrival in Spain
Where does it say 72 hours?
Old Jun 28, 2021, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by cauchy
Um the government website (https://www.spth.gob.es/info-pcr) says
Where does it say 72 hours?
Many apologies - this mornings presser from the PM here said 72hours and that's what was reported in the newspapers and on the local TV in Malaga. I have not seen the BOE

https://english.elpais.com/society/2...accinated.html

Excerpt:- "For British tourists, there are two possibilities: full vaccination with one of the vaccines authorized by the European Medicines Agency or the World Health Organization, with the second dose administered at least 14 days before travel; or a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before arriving in Spain."

Last edited by sunshinebob; Jun 28, 2021 at 4:24 pm
Old Jun 28, 2021, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Many apologies - this mornings presser from the PM here said 72hours and that's what was reported in the newspapers and on the local TV in Malaga. I have not seen the BOE

https://english.elpais.com/society/2...accinated.html

Excerpt:- "For British tourists, there are two possibilities: full vaccination with one of the vaccines authorized by the European Medicines Agency or the World Health Organization, with the second dose administered at least 14 days before travel; or a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before arriving in Spain."
Urgh, nightmare! Hopefully will be clarified soon enough. Annoyingly I'm 12 days post second dose for my trip.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 11:22 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by cauchy
Urgh, nightmare! Hopefully will be clarified soon enough. Annoyingly I'm 12 days post second dose for my trip.
Note that the timeframe for the test has not yet been confirmed. If travelling to Spain from a risk country the requirement is normally a covid test within 48 hours of arrival.

gov.uk has clarity on type of test and what constitutes proof of vaccination and says more info will be added when available.

EDIT
Just noticed earlier discussion of this / sorry.
Think we need to keep our eyes on gov.uk for clarity.
cauchy likes this.

Last edited by WeLoveSpace; Jun 28, 2021 at 11:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.