Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Registering COVID vaccine passport with BA

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2021, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Just a thumbs up from me that we have this thread going - I can see my vaccine record in the app now so the sooner there is a genuine solution that connects this to BAs own systems/checks (and other airlines for that matter), the better.

Guessing it's not going to help an awful lot with Portugal and Greece this summer but definitely something that needs putting in place for the future.
Greece is accepting vaccination certificates. Well, that's what https://travel.gov.gr/#/ seems to be saying:

"- Proof of a negative test is not required however for all travelers that have completed their vaccination (i.e., 14 days have elapsed since the last vaccination, depending on the doses required) and hold a vaccination certificate. Acceptable vaccines are: Pfizer BioNtech, Moderna, Astra Zeneca/Oxford, Novavax, Johnson + Johnson/Janssen, Sinovac Biotech, Gamaleya (Sputnik), Cansino Biologics, Sinopharm."
Old May 18, 2021, 8:25 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It can be uploaded into VeriFly, to which BA is giving priority treatment. It's probably easiest to send the PDF, either from directly within the App or using the email link, however the email link only gives a direct URL for the download, the certificate is not attached. Hence the app's direct download process is easier. From the home page it's Share your COVID-19 status / Continue (if you previously gave permission to share) / Travel / Download the PDF copy. Note this method gives a certificate with a 1 month expiry date. For techno-phobes you can call 119 for a paper copy, which will take up to a week to arrive and also have the expiry date of 1 month on it, you still need to upload this to VerFly somehow. There are other apps used by other IATA airlines.

VeriFLY experiences

BA to trial IATA Travel Pass

At this stage proof of vaccination only helps in a few places (Iceland, Faroes, Irish Republic for those not in CTA) but this may change depending on the Trade Council of Ministers' meeting this Thursday. Note also that this is early days and so BA's desire for using VeriFly is currently undermined by the fact that many BA stations cannot access the data. So going around with binders of print-outs is probably unavoidable for an easy life, this will change when passenger numbers start to overwhelm manual checks.
There doesn't seem to be any place to put vaccination status on verifly. Anyone managed to do this yet? The destination I'm going to in a few days doesn't recognise vaccination status yet but it would be useful to understand how to upload it.
Old May 18, 2021, 9:11 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Is this an IT first for the UK Government?

1. Patient Access - the access to your medical records via web browsers works.
2. The App works
3. Proof of Jabs - promised for 17th - worked on 17th, both on the App and via web browsers..

????

Could BA sign up their IT management, their Project Management, and Team?
Old May 18, 2021, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer

2. The App works
3. Proof of Jabs - promised for 17th - worked on 17th, both on the App and via web browsers..

????

Without turning this political, but their IT has been so impressive. The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme portal for employers was set up on HMRC website and able to use within a few short days
SW7London and londonba2014 like this.
Old May 18, 2021, 9:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat

2. The App works

????

It is superb compared to vaccine passports EU has been thinking about... In slovakia every vaccination centre issues a different document and it's not centrally recorded - absolute mess!!!
James91 likes this.
Old May 18, 2021, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
It doesn’t work in Wales.
Old May 18, 2021, 9:39 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold

2. The App works

????

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that this was actually a pretty straightforward front end app enhancement because the underlying data around vaccinations is still pretty new and probably in decent shape with common reference points.

It's when you have to start cleaning and reconciling vast legacy data sets that delays, errors and costs really start emerging!

That said, not taking anything away from anyone - it works, it was on time, and I'm happy with it!
slicktony likes this.
Old May 18, 2021, 9:43 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
We haven't been given guidance on that, so normally they won't be updated in the UK. I haven't updated any booklets. Instead we redirect patients to the NHS app and the 119 service for those who won't / can't use computers.
CWS - Am i right in thinking that the NHS App will only work for those in England and Wales, but us poor Scots have to wait until NHS Scotland does its own thing?
malcolmcampbell likes this.
Old May 18, 2021, 9:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by efincomputer
CWS - Am i right in thinking that the NHS App will only work for those in England and Wales, but us poor Scots have to wait until NHS Scotland does its own thing?
Um, treading as gingerly as I must on this sensitive topic, the intention was and is that the NHS App will work UK wide, but we need the data sourcing and patient identification pieces to be resolved first. For Wales this is relatively easy since they use NHS numbers too, but it's not working there yet, whereas Scotland has a different system known as CHIN. More information in the main thread, but it amounts to having to wait.
Keystone and WickedStepMother like this.
Old May 18, 2021, 10:46 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Um, treading as gingerly as I must on this sensitive topic, the intention was and is that the NHS App will work UK wide, but we need the data sourcing and patient identification pieces to be resolved first. For Wales this is relatively easy since they use NHS numbers too, but it's not working there yet, whereas Scotland has a different system known as CHIN. More information in the main thread, but it amounts to having to wait.
Very diplomatic :-). I've found out that my GP is signed up to the Patient Access system, so i'm going to see if i have any joy getting registered with that, if I can then access my vaccination info that way. Otherwise it's a waiting game I guess. Just excited because i got my second C-19 jab today - feeling very grateful and looking forward to travel :-).
Old May 18, 2021, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Presumably a different system again in Northern Ireland too. I have Patient Access for my repeat prescriptions but no medical records or vaccination details are available.
Old May 18, 2021, 2:01 pm

Got the PDF of my vaccines and trying to upload to BA travel docs and its just hanging, the Confirm button does not work.
Old May 18, 2021, 2:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by JeffBHD
Presumably a different system again in Northern Ireland too. I have Patient Access for my repeat prescriptions but no medical records or vaccination details are available.
Ironically, the NHS App was/is built by a Belfast based company.

Link to the case study is below which sets out the journey.

https://customers.microsoft.com/en-g...icrosoft-azure

Last edited by SHT88T; May 18, 2021 at 2:24 pm
Old May 19, 2021, 12:18 am

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Without wanting to divert too much from the subject under discussion above, can I give a big shout out to c-w-s for invaluable posts about this app throughout the process. I can't find it now but I'm quite certain it was on his advice via a post a few months ago that I went ahead and set up my NHS app early so as to beat a rush of travelers doing so nearer the time. Since it did take a couple days for my GP to fully link up my records, that prompt alone has saved me a fair bit of heartburn compared to waiting closer to my next trip. He's a rock star and one of the reasons this forum is so valuable.
Old May 19, 2021, 2:31 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
I have a similar problem getting a vaccination certificate to those not resident in England. Although I do live in England and have an NHS, number which works for testing and vaccinations, because I'm in the military the NHS system doesn't recognise me as being registered with a GP and won't let me set up an account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.