Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Farewell to the Business Centre in the GF Lounge

Farewell to the Business Centre in the GF Lounge

Old May 16, 2021, 4:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
I do kind of agree that nowadays they are rarely used (I can't remember the last time I used a business centre) but I think the logical solution would be to keep around 2 computers (so 1 is available if the other stops working etc) and a printer for those who urgently need to print documents.

At the end of the day, a large business centre is prime real estate in a lounge which (in normal times) can get overcrowded, so it makes sense to perhaps partition it off with the 2 computers and printer with an additional rest area.

And those that want to hold Teams/Zoom/Skype calls should be encouraged to use a partitioned off business centre as not to disturb others in the lounge.*

*In an ideal world
Old May 16, 2021, 5:23 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Paren
I do kind of agree that nowadays they are rarely used (I can't remember the last time I used a business centre) but I think the logical solution would be to keep around 2 computers (so 1 is available if the other stops working etc) and a printer for those who urgently need to print documents.

At the end of the day, a large business centre is prime real estate in a lounge which (in normal times) can get overcrowded, so it makes sense to perhaps partition it off with the 2 computers and printer with an additional rest area.

And those that want to hold Teams/Zoom/Skype calls should be encouraged to use a partitioned off business centre as not to disturb others in the lounge.*

*In an ideal world

agree. it would be great if they just set up two computers and a printer in the area just next to the service desk--so just outside the biz center. that has always been a dead and uninspired area anyhow, but would be convenient for those rare times people need to print something quickly--especially today when you never know what piece of paper you might have forgotten!
MaxFlyer and Paren like this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Can I please check if printers are still available at the GF Lounge?

TIA
TPRun
Old Dec 12, 2021, 1:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I noticed the CCR computers are gone too! how do i get stuff printed nowadays?
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 1:46 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I noticed the CCR computers are gone too! how do i get stuff printed nowadays?
Are they not still there at breakfast time???
Old Dec 15, 2021, 12:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Does anyone know if there are any printers still available in GF or GC?
Old Dec 15, 2021, 2:50 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I hope the printers and scanners don't go away.
Originally Posted by gcuk
Id miss the ability to print in the lounge.
Yes, agreed. Extremely useful when visiting certain countries which require paperwork to be printed and you've forgotten until the last moment

Originally Posted by APPL
Does anyone know if there are any printers still available in GF or GC?
Can check on Friday if no reports before then.
APPL likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

In gf I think there might be one on the workdesk just before going onto the terrace.

Regards
tbs
APPL likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 6:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
In gf I think there might be one on the workdesk just before going onto the terrace.
Thanks very much. It is indeed still there and working!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.