Time to get through immigration T5

Old Jun 27, 2021, 4:20 pm

Around 3 pm today, the t5 arrivals hall was pretty packed. It took us 40-50 minutes to get through. Most e-gates were out of action and there seemed to be a lot of rejectees from those gates, so we opted for the main border checkpoint. Not one border officer was wearing a mouth covering. Also the density of the crowd in that airless Heathrow environment under the present circumstances was very unpleasant.
stewardo likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by WeLoveSpace
Sunday 2000

The UK and EU queue is end to end the full length of the immigration hall 6 times then the full length of the building back to about a18
I saw this post last night, we landed about 2100 at the B gates. I was first off and walked through expecting the worst, but was one of only two people in the immigration hall.

No PLF check, just waved straight through to the egates.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 4:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by sungod
I saw this post last night, we landed about 2100 at the B gates. I was first off and walked through expecting the worst, but was one of only two people in the immigration hall.

No PLF check, just waved straight through to the egates.
Its totally random for now: So few flights and variability in their loads that the flow is lumpy.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by DFB_london
Its totally random for now: So few flights and variability in their loads that the flow is lumpy.
Arrive there at the same time as me and I guarantee there’ll be a crowd. Otherwise it’ll be empty. Or so it seems!
oceanscape likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 12:22 am

Sat night around 1930 was very quiet. No wait. No egates open. I was waived to an officer at all other passports area. He asked for my documents. I said I'd completed VeriFLY, thinking that they too might accept that. His response was 'What's that?'", so had to show PLF and day 2 test.
​​​​​​
Old Jun 29, 2021, 2:13 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, LH Sen, Alitalia Platinum, Hilton Plat, SPG / Marriott / Carlsson Gold
Yesterday it took us around 25 mins to clear Immigration. As usual, not nearly enough egates operational …
Old Jun 29, 2021, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
HORRIBLE experience yesterday afternoon. Took 1 hour to get to the eGates (only 5 open) and then, after getting "seek assistance" message on the eGate, another 1.5 hours to see an officer. Disgraceful. No social distancing, no officers wearing masks, and many pax wearing masks under their noses. Such a dreadful experience.
prof and adrianlondon like this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 2:30 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by oceanscape
HORRIBLE experience yesterday afternoon. Took 1 hour to get to the eGates (only 5 open) and then, after getting "seek assistance" message on the eGate, another 1.5 hours to see an officer. Disgraceful. No social distancing, no officers wearing masks, and many pax wearing masks under their noses. Such a dreadful experience.
Such a dreadful show by UK BF. What on earth is the rationale for only having 5 e-gates open out of what must be 20-25?
prof and oceanscape like this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BOH
Such a dreadful show by UK BF. What on earth is the rationale for only having 5 e-gates open out of what must be 20-25?
Quite. One thing I'll never understand is why we must be the only country in the world that prioritises visitors over residents. The Non-UK/EU passport line was tiny and people were through in minutes. Yet UK visitors returning to their home country need to wait 2.5 hours? I can't ever imagine that happening in any other country.
seattle29 and citiflyerUK like this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 7:24 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Arrived this morning from BDA at 0650 to C gates. Took about 15 mins to get from far away C gate to the train and then to immigration. Queue at UK border was probably around 5 lines long and maybe 10 or more at non-uk. There were 6 e-gates operating but hardly anyone using them. When I got to the guy who was controlling e-gate entry (About 3 lines from the front) I asked if we could use them and he just let us through - no checking of docs, PCR test, pax locator form. So total time in the queue was about 5 mins (it would have been about 30 otherwise had we had to wait to see a Border Force person). Not complaining but when I arrived in T2 end of March they at least checked my docs before letting me use the e-gates. We were in our car 40 mins after touch down which is more than reasonable.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 7:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Arrived yesterday from ACC. Starting queuing at 6.13 and was through at 6.34.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Arrived today at 1440 from Keflavik and took 3 mins to get through the e-gates.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 4:59 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Gold
A bit late to report, but breezed through T5 immigration on 3rd June, 10:30am arrival. Took 2 mins.

Can someone explain to me why on earth none of the immigration officers are wearing any face coverings? What would be the logic for that?
Old Jul 5, 2021, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
3:45pm 5th July..
it's a zoo..
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
3:45pm 5th July..
it's a zoo..
It was similar yesterday around 7pm, I had to wait 40 mins to get through an e-gate (those rejected looked in for a very very long wait) yet no one checked PLF or covid test

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.