Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LCY-GCI and EDI-GCI (Guernsey) launching 25th June

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2021, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue

BA CityFlyer will commence summer seasonal flights LCY-GCI and EDI-GCI on 25th June, currently scheduled to run until 27 September.

Flights will operate on Mondays and Fridays.

LCY-GCI BA3281 Fri 08:30-09:35, Mon 11:30-12:35
GCI-LCY BA3282 Fri 14:55-16:00, Mon 17:55-19:00

EDI-GCI BA2343 Fri 12:40-14:15, Mon 15:40-17:15
GCI-EDI BA2342 Fri 10:15-11:50, Mon 13:15-14:50

Last edited by EJetter; May 11, 2021 at 3:59 am
Old May 11, 2021, 3:40 am

Programs: BAEC
Interesting to know whether they’ve got any assurances on travel policy from the Guernsey government. Their rules have been very strict for the whole Covid period.
Old May 11, 2021, 3:46 am

Avios availability only showing up until 12 July currently
Old May 11, 2021, 4:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Hurray! This cheered me up more than it should have done.

Edited to add: the reason is that BA left Guernsey many moons ago. It used to be on BA's main network, ended up with CityFlyer Express franchise until 2003, with aircraft equipment getting weaker with every passing season. Then CFE stopped operating there, squeezed out by the competition. I think there were some codeshares thereafter but in the last 10 years or so even they dried up. Right I'm off, I need to book a EDI-LCY-GCI-EDI (early) lunch.....
Fritz, bafan, alex67500 and 4 others like this.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; May 11, 2021 at 4:54 am
Old May 11, 2021, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Good news for them, although of course it's nicer in Jersey!!

I must see how our BA schedules are looking for July.
brithk and alex67500 like this.
Old May 11, 2021, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Hurray! This cheered me up more than it should have done.
It was definitely a nice surprise. The flight times also work well if you want to spend a few hours in Guernsey itself.

Condor Ferries are also adding a lot of capacity to Guernsey this summer because they’re due to be opening up. Another nimble move by BA and another new pin on the map.

I don’t know what the testing requirements are though.

Last edited by BAeuro; May 11, 2021 at 5:08 am
Old May 11, 2021, 6:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just in case someone else is concerned by this: only ET is being offered on this service, at least at the moment, and seat selection isn't working either. So I suspect not all the internal plumbing has been resolved yet, but it's not anything to be concerned about at this stage. Ditto the apparent lack of TP and Avios earning on this service - which also features on some of the other new routes recently announced. It will be corrected in due course.

Now, any lunch recommendations for St Peter Port?
Old May 11, 2021, 6:17 am

Programs: BA - Bronze , IHG - Spire Ambassador, Hilton - Diamond
Hopefully BA continue this trend of direct from EDI flights after the summer, I don't mind having to go through London so much but it's hard to convince my wife to go for a more expensive flight and add 4 hours to travel time to go EDI-LHR-Europe and get lounge access and perks when Easyjet and the like will just take you EDI-Europe direct.
ReadystEDIgo likes this.
Old May 11, 2021, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by Hawkbat
Hopefully BA continue this trend of direct from EDI flights after the summer.
I suspect once the schools go back and business travel starts picking up at LCY, there will be a fairly hasty retreat.
SxMan and flight125 like this.
Old May 11, 2021, 6:35 am

Programs: BA - Bronze , IHG - Spire Ambassador, Hilton - Diamond
Originally Posted by GumshoeW12
I suspect once the schools go back and business travel starts picking up at LCY, there will be a fairly hasty retreat.
I know, it will be back to BA holiday booker and cheap flight finder saying your departure options are London, London, or London, and we deny any knowledge of airports outside of those!
Old May 11, 2021, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I'm booked for the inaugural flight on the 25th from LCY. The plumbing is, as C-W-S notes, not pristine, but you can't really go wrong for seating on an E190.

Just on the start points question, I'd imagine the analysis at BA is that since business travel will be slow to pick up if it restarts at all (my company's accountants are grinning and waving overhead improvement at anyone who makes eye contact), they need to hammer the holiday market. So it makes sense to use available regional airports and also I suspect there will be some jostling with U2 etc on fare levels.
lcylocal likes this.
Old May 11, 2021, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by GumshoeW12
These short routes should be a decent yield on £/minute. If you can do a round trip in 2 hours then blocking out one aircraft twice per week is not exactly a stretch.
Old May 11, 2021, 7:22 am

Programs: Mucci Platinum Hairbrush des Bonnes Nouvelles. BA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, AA LTS, KL LTPt, Easy Flight Club
Just in case someone else is concerned by this: only ET is being offered on this service, at least at the moment, and seat selection isn't working either. So I suspect not all the internal plumbing has been resolved yet, but it's not anything to be concerned about at this stage. Ditto the apparent lack of TP and Avios earning on this service - which also features on some of the other new routes recently announced. It will be corrected in due course.

Now, any lunch recommendations for St Peter Port?
Le Nautique? A but fancy but nice as far as I remember.

Last edited by Fritz; May 11, 2021 at 7:25 am Reason: Le, not La ;-)
Old May 11, 2021, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav
I'm booked for the inaugural flight on the 25th from LCY.
That's two of us then.
SxMan likes this.
Old May 11, 2021, 8:10 am

That's two of us then.
I really want to, but what will be the entry requirements? I’ll be fully vaccinated if that helps?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.