FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Flight load query / Fares BGI April 2022 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2039888-flight-load-query-fares-bgi-april-2022-a.html)

BGI Runner May 11, 2021 12:06 am

Flight load query / Fares BGI April 2022

Hi. Trying to book Club seats x 3 for the dreaded “peak” Easter 2022 period. Fixed dates due to school holidays. This will be the third rebooking after cancelled 2020 and 2021 trips!

Can I get a second opinion on flight loads for the 0255 service LHR to BGI 2/4/22?

I have been monitoring these daily since release and nothing lower than C selling class has been released for sale. Now stuck at full J availability and tickets available have been reducing daily and cabin filling up!

The advice from those more knowledgeable is usually “don’t panic it’s far too early to book, BA will release cheaper buckets”. Does this hold true in this case? It’s not just this specific date effected, it seems to be full J only outbound and inbound on most dates across the Easter period.

I do wonder on this occasion if with all the pent up demand and vouchers floating around if BA may in fact be able to fill it’s Club cabins with J and C tickets over very busy periods next year! Not sure what I am going to do with all my vouchers if I can’t actually spend them!

Any advice welcome.

A P Yu May 11, 2021 1:02 am

Originally Posted by BGI Runner (Post 33242388)
Hi. Trying to book Club seats x 3 for the dreaded “peak” Easter 2022 period. Fixed dates due to school holidays. This will be the third rebooking after cancelled 2020 and 2021 trips!

Can I get a second opinion on flight loads for the 0255 service LHR to BGI 2/4/22?

I have been monitoring these daily since release and nothing lower than C selling class has been released for sale. Now stuck at full J availability and tickets available have been reducing daily and cabin filling up!

The advice from those more knowledgeable is usually “don’t panic it’s far too early to book, BA will release cheaper buckets”. Does this hold true in this case? It’s not just this specific date effected, it seems to be full J only outbound and inbound on most dates across the Easter period.

I do wonder on this occasion if with all the pent up demand and vouchers floating around if BA may in fact be able to fill it’s Club cabins with J and C tickets over very busy periods next year! Not sure what I am going to do with all my vouchers if I can’t actually spend them!

Any advice welcome.

Just tried to list for staff travel on it and Club is indeed rammed. Just 4 seats available.

BGI Runner May 11, 2021 1:19 am

Originally Posted by A P Yu (Post 33242451)
Just tried to list for staff travel on it and Club is indeed rammed. Just 4 seats available.

Thanks, very interesting! Seat map doesn’t look full which I would expect if all seats sold on C or J bucket which comes with free seat selection.

Are BA blocking certain % of seats for social distancing?

Block travel agent booking?

Oh well, may have to think about premium economy! Although only full fare being sold there too!

A P Yu May 11, 2021 1:29 am

Originally Posted by BGI Runner (Post 33242466)
Thanks, very interesting! Seat map doesn’t look full which I would expect if all seats sold on C or J bucket which comes with free seat selection.

Are BA blocking certain % of seats for social distancing?

Block travel agent booking?

Oh well, may have to think about premium economy! Although only full fare being sold there too!

Most people re-booked on it now may have been transferred with their original booking class - many of these may have been rebooked before the flight became open for general sale - so all the I class wouldnt have seat selection. BA arent blocking seats for social distancing no. Theres 36 available for Sale in Trav Plus and 47 in Traveller.

I just think loads of people have already moved their flights for free and picked the peak time to go.

Id be keeping my watchful eye out for additional frequencies on the route if it eventually appears on the nice list

SK AAR May 11, 2021 1:35 am

Flights selling out now for Easter 2022 doesn't sound likely. I would give it some time and most likely availability will (re)appear. There is no hurry to book flights for Easter 2022 now.

A P Yu May 11, 2021 1:50 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 33242478)
Flights selling out now for Easter 2022 doesn't sound likely. I would give it some time and most likely availability will (re)appear. There is no hurry to book flights for Easter 2022 now.

With two Easters already cancelled I wouldnt be too sure. (The flight isnt sold out, just the F and almost the J cabin)

BGI Runner May 11, 2021 2:12 am

Originally Posted by A P Yu (Post 33242470)
Most people re-booked on it now may have been transferred with their original booking class - many of these may have been rebooked before the flight became open for general sale - so all the I class wouldnt have seat selection. BA arent blocking seats for social distancing no. Theres 36 available for Sale in Trav Plus and 47 in Traveller.

I just think loads of people have already moved their flights for free and picked the peak time to go.

Id be keeping my watchful eye out for additional frequencies on the route if it eventually appears on the nice list

Thanks, that’s extremely useful info. I hadn’t considered the rebooking of previous customers, makes sense.

Could i trouble you to take a quick look on the same flight the next day 3/4/22 to see if it looks any better?

If not I think I will need to book premium economy and then swap to club if a second rotation is added nearer the time.

A P Yu May 11, 2021 3:49 am

Originally Posted by BGI Runner (Post 33242520)
Thanks, that’s extremely useful info. I hadn’t considered the rebooking of previous customers, makes sense.

Could i trouble you to take a quick look on the same flight the next day 3/4/22 to see if it looks any better?

If not I think I will need to book premium economy and then swap to club if a second rotation is added nearer the time.

Thats much better

GumshoeW12 May 11, 2021 3:52 am

There’s a Royal Caribbean cruise due to set sail from Bridgetown on the 3rd which may at least partially account for the heavy load on the flight on the 2nd.

BGI Runner May 11, 2021 4:27 am

Originally Posted by A P Yu (Post 33242614)
Thats much better

Thanks, may need to lose a day from the holiday!

BGI Runner May 11, 2021 4:28 am

Originally Posted by GumshoeW12 (Post 33242620)
There’s a Royal Caribbean cruise due to set sail from Bridgetown on the 3rd which may at least partially account for the heavy load on the flight on the 2nd.

Thanks, interesting. Wouldn’t be surprised if Royal Caribbean have a block travel agent booking.

ratechaser May 11, 2021 8:43 am

The gap between PE and CW looks huge next Easter - was idly browsing the other day (both ANU and BGI) and have already resigned myself to PE if I can get to go. I'm sure I managed CUN in CW for not much more than £1k pp, and that was probably only 5-6 years ago. Different times...

Alright... as with most things on FT, I get that these are 1st world problems and it's hardly like I'm slumming it so I shouldn't complain!