Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

We all have something that makes us fly …

Old May 6, 2021, 11:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

WE ALL HAVE SOMETHING THAT MAKES US FLY. FOR US, IT'S YOU

May 06, 2021

For us, it's you

After one of the worst years in aviation history, British Airways has launched a new advertising campaign, putting its people and customers at the centre of the story about its return to the skies.

“You make us fly”, which is the first TV advert since “A love letter to Britain” to mark airline’s centenary in 2019, was shared first with its colleagues and then on the airline’s social media channels. The 60 second ad will air for the first time on TV on Friday May 7 around Gogglebox, followed by Premier League football matches and F1 being shown live on Sky Sports over the weekend.

To watch the advert, click this link https://youtu.be/NQIbrvWTPus

The campaign features the airline’s own people, all of whom volunteered to feature in the advert that has been designed to have an uplifting feeling and remind customers that they are at the heart of British Airways. The ad showcases the airline’s staff proudly making their way back to work with a very British sense of urgency, to do what they love most, caring for customers.

Sean Doyle, British Airways’ Chairman and CEO, said: "There is a sense of huge anticipation from colleagues across the airline who are preparing to return to work after a very difficult year. The story illustrates the pride that our people tell me they’re feeling at the thought of seeing our planes in the sky once again and having the opportunity to welcome and serve our customers, to reunite them with their friends and relatives. The excitement is palpable.”

Helen Wetton, British Airways’ 777 Captain and the first colleague to feature in the advert, said: “I am tremendously proud to have been involved in creating this advert with British Airways. I played my own role as a female Captain who springs out of bed and races to get to work. I am so excited to get back to doing what I love and flying our customers around the world again, when the time is right.”

Jules Chalkley, Ogilvy UK’s Chief Executive Creative Director said: “The creative platform was inspired by the very people who make British Airways a world class brand; the pilots, the cabin crew, the engineers, the ground team – everyone.

Our creative tells the world: ‘You Make Us Fly’. When you talk to the British Airways team, this love for their passengers is their first thought, the reason they get out of bed in the morning. The whole platform is a celebration of that passion as we see British Airways colleagues getting back to doing what they do best and the thing they love so much; looking after people. It also brings a surge of excitement and sense of possibility on the cusp of a hugely important time for us all.”

The music that plays throughout the advert is Flower Duet from Delibes’ opera Lakme, which first featured in British Airways’ advertising over 40 years ago and is still proudly used as the airline’s boarding music.

A behind the scenes video of the advert being filmed featuring interviews with the airline’s staff can also be viewed here. https://youtu.be/BIBOMSq_2sE

British Airways has introduced a number of measures at the airport and on board to look after the safety and wellbeing of its customers and crew. These include social distancing measures, the wearing of face masks and hand sanitiser stations. Prior to travel customers will also receive details of how they can prepare for their next flight.

The airline is cleaning all key surfaces including seats, screens, seat buckles and tray tables after every flight and each aircraft is completely cleaned from nose to tail every day. The air on all British Airways flights is fully recycled once every two to three minutes through HEPA filters, which remove microscopic bacteria and virus clusters with over 99.9% efficiency, equivalent to hospital operating theatre standards.

Customers booking with British Airways can do so with absolute confidence, thanks to the airline’s flexible booking policy. Customers are able to exchange their booking for a voucher or move their dates without incurring a change fee if their plans change. British Airways Holidays’ customers also have access to a range of additional flexible booking options, as part of the company’s Customer Promise, including securing a holiday with a deposit from just Ł60pp.
Old May 6, 2021, 12:13 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Spend the advertising money where it counts:

Better Food and Wine
Improved lounges
Fleet refreshes
IT / backend systems

Last edited by NWIFlyer; May 6, 2021 at 11:16 pm Reason: Delete large image and quote to improve readability
Old May 6, 2021, 12:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I have to say the advert is a bit cringy and the email as well.. wether it’s making you a cuppa... mmm that’s Ł2.30 down the back IF I’ve preorderes not the best welcome back one.
Old May 6, 2021, 12:27 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

The airline is cleaning all key surfaces including seats, screens, seat buckles and tray tables after every flight and each aircraft is completely cleaned from nose to tail every day. The air on all British Airways flights is fully recycled once every two to three minutes through HEPA filters, which remove microscopic bacteria and virus clusters with over 99.9% efficiency, equivalent to hospital operating theatre standards.
Yeah ok.... Not sure if they are still talking about BA lol
Old May 6, 2021, 12:50 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
British Airways has introduced a number of measures at the airport and on board to look after the safety and wellbeing of its customers and crew. These include social distancing measures, the wearing of face masks and hand sanitiser stations. Prior to travel customers will also receive details of how they can prepare for their next flight.
Then maybe they should clamp down on their staff on social media who publish that vaccines kill and should not be taken, that masks should not be used at all, that there was never a pandemic, if they want to be taken seriously with such statements.
asnovici, psollitt, Gerbs and 2 others like this.
Old May 6, 2021, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ermis177
Yeah ok.... Not sure if they are still talking about BA lol
My seat area and tray last week was absolutely spotless, went to clean the tray with a wet wipe and the wipe finished clean!
Old May 6, 2021, 1:50 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Then maybe they should clamp down on their staff on social media who publish that vaccines kill and should not be taken, that masks should not be used at all, that there was never a pandemic, if they want to be taken seriously with such statements.
Sadly its free speech, idiotic free speech, but never the less BA cannot control it.
Old May 6, 2021, 1:53 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I like the commercial.
Old May 6, 2021, 3:59 pm

The music that plays throughout the advert is Flower Duet from Delibes’ opera Lakme, which first featured in British Airways’ advertising over 40 years ago and is still proudly used as the airline’s boarding music.
Nice to see accuracy is their strong point, as ever
Old May 6, 2021, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
I have to say the advert is a bit cringy and the email as well.. wether it’s making you a cuppa... mmm that’s Ł2.30 down the back IF I’ve preorderes not the best welcome back one.
Haven’t flown since covid catering then? Tea and coffee is now free down the back, and available on request
Old May 6, 2021, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Confus
Haven’t flown since covid catering then? Tea and coffee is now free down the back, and available on request
Not since Highlife Cafe was introduced in Jan. Tea and Coffee must be preordered. A bottle of water and a cereal bar / packet of crisps are the only complimentary items
DYKWIA, KeaneJohn and PGberkshire like this.
Old May 6, 2021, 4:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Confus
https://highlifeshop.com/speedbird-cafe

Not since the introduction of the new BOB offering which removed free tea, coffee and juice.

First wold problems is having to decide up to 36 hours before I fly if I want a cup of tea so there’s time for it to be loaded as woe betide if iBA are flying for me and after take off I fancy one of their lovingly made cups of tea..
Old May 6, 2021, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
It feels very retro, like the BA superhero ads from the 80’s!
Old May 6, 2021, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by bwaflyer
Not since Highlife Cafe was introduced in Jan. Tea and Coffee must be preordered. A bottle of water and a cereal bar / packet of crisps are the only complimentary items
Oh, that’s a shame, but thanks for the update. I’ve only taken one flight since then and did get one, but obviously the lovely crew just took pity on me. Should have known it was too good to last!
Old May 6, 2021, 5:50 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
“ we always have something that makes us fly… Off the handle.”

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.