FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA's reactions to May 17th openings (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2039355-bas-reactions-may-17th-openings.html)

Professor Yaffle May 4, 2021 2:29 am

BA's reactions to May 17th openings

Looking more and more likely that Portugal will be the only major Euro destination that will be green-listed this month.

Good for us, as we are booked on the only London departure on Sun 30th to FAO - which it looks like is sold out entirely, with 15 rows of club and not a single seat available to reserve. Given this I am amazed there arent more flights going - I presume BA are in a position to add more at short notice once they get certainty from gov't?

I also presume the first few rows of the cabin are blocked out, not reserved, as it would be nice for us lowly Bronzers to have somewhere to sit :cool:

sammyg901 May 4, 2021 3:15 am

Last summer BA were pretty flexible - mainly in reaction to the chopping and changing travel corridors and getting people home on time. So I'm pretty sure they'll be quick to add flights if there is demand. Surprised they haven't at least swapped these to A321s, they are indeed very busy!

mikeyfly May 4, 2021 4:13 am

I think they'll be loads of flights loaded in no time if certain countries become green and allow us Brits entry. And fares will be very very high to boot! FAO was the prime example later last summer for it's short appearance on the corridors

EJetter May 4, 2021 4:18 am

There are actually two LHR flights and one LCY flight to FAO that day. LCY and the later LHR are fully booked!

ratechaser May 4, 2021 5:23 am

My ~£70 'insurance' flights to FAO in August could turn out to be a good bet then. It's that or Greece right now for us (and they were really cheap flights too, damn shame we can only use one set!)

Professor Yaffle May 4, 2021 6:27 am

Originally Posted by EJetter (Post 33225023)
There are actually two LHR flights and one LCY flight to FAO that day. LCY and the later LHR are fully booked!

And the early LHR has a single seat for sale.
Reckon they could easily sell another 3 planses/day once the green list is confirmed.

The _Banking_Scot May 4, 2021 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Professor Yaffle (Post 33225196)
And the early LHR has a single seat for sale.
Reckon they could easily sell another 3 planses/day once the green list is confirmed.

Hi ,

How about an a380 to faro:p?

regards

tbs

mikeyfly May 4, 2021 6:46 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot (Post 33225216)
Hi ,

How about an a380 to faro:p?

regards

tbs

And MLA if we're to continue to speculate on the Mail Online predictions !

BAeuro May 4, 2021 7:21 am

At the end of the day, although these destinations will be on the green list and will not require quarantine, they will still require a lot of testing on return. This will put some people off and will mean 6/7 flights are not necessary.

TTmex May 4, 2021 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Professor Yaffle (Post 33224945)
Looking more and more likely that Portugal will be the only major Euro destination that will be green-listed this month.

Good for us, as we are booked on the only London departure on Sun 30th to FAO - which it looks like is sold out entirely, with 15 rows of club and not a single seat available to reserve. Given this I am amazed there arent more flights going - I presume BA are in a position to add more at short notice once they get certainty from gov't?

I also presume the first few rows of the cabin are blocked out, not reserved, as it would be nice for us lowly Bronzers to have somewhere to sit :cool:

Which source are you using for this prediction? I am hoping and praying Mexico makes as least amber, as red would scupper by first visit to family in 18 months. Thanks in advance

Cymro May 4, 2021 7:55 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 33225231)
And MLA if we're to continue to speculate on the Mail Online predictions !

SZG, GIB, and FNC all have low case rates and would also be ideal for A380s!

Speedbirdsouth May 4, 2021 8:04 am

I agree that sadly being on the green list still won’t tempt some to travel due to the testing etc

but as demand is so low at the moment in general, adding flights won’t be a problem, maybe a better bet may be to aircraft change from a 320 to a 321, or even if demand is strong, I’m sure BA will have spare 787/350s they could put on a green short haul destination

tobsw May 4, 2021 8:04 am

Is Portugal letting in British residents?

I believe that for the time being only "essential" travel is allowed from the UK.

HarryHolden68 May 4, 2021 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Cymro (Post 33225357)
SZG, GIB, and FNC all have low case rates and would also be ideal for A380s!

I would love to watch a fully laden 380 try to stop without setting fire to the brakes in GIB!!

mikeyfly May 4, 2021 8:15 am

Originally Posted by TTmex (Post 33225345)
Which source are you using for this prediction? I am hoping and praying Mexico makes as least amber, as red would scupper by first visit to family in 18 months. Thanks in advance

That crystal ball source that is riddled around these parts ;)