Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Cancellation of Infant Paid / Reward Tickets

Old May 2, 2021, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond

I'm looking at making a 2 adults + 1 lap infant booking. But as with all travel during COVID, the trip may never happen.

I could use Avios and was wondering whether I'd be on the hook for 3 sets of £35 cancellation fees.

Or I could book using AA / AS miles, etc. (whoever is currently waiving cancellation fees for reward flights) and phone BA to add an infant with cash. What would happen if I cancelled the underlying adult rewards and then called BA to cancel the infant add-on? Would I just lose all of that money or do infant fares somehow book as flexible?
Old May 2, 2021, 7:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The cash fare could be FTV'd but you wouldn't get a refund, beyond the underlying ticket refund conditions.

You could use Avios for the three people and FTV those too, to avoid the £35 per person fee. The only catch is the 2023 expiry date.
Old May 2, 2021, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
I'm looking at making a 2 adults + 1 lap infant booking. But as with all travel during COVID, the trip may never happen.

I could use Avios and was wondering whether I'd be on the hook for 3 sets of £35 cancellation fees.

Or I could book using AA / AS miles, etc. (whoever is currently waiving cancellation fees for reward flights) and phone BA to add an infant with cash. What would happen if I cancelled the underlying adult rewards and then called BA to cancel the infant add-on? Would I just lose all of that money or do infant fares somehow book as flexible?
On Avios bookings there is no service fee for infants.
Old May 2, 2021, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Anonba
On Avios bookings there is no service fee for infants.
Do you mean cancellation fee? Or service fee as in the extra charged when one inevitably has to call BA to sort it out?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.