Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Self Connecting from BA at SFO

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2021, 2:46 am

One thought: AS allows you to print your bag tags at home. Is there any reason you couldn't do that, attach the tags when picking up the bags at customs, and then drop them with the connecting bags?
Old May 2, 2021, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
The flights I booked were BHD-LHR-SFO with the transatlantic in F. They were <£1600. The cheapest BHD/DUB-LHR-XXX-LAS at the time I booked added about £800 each
That's indeed a good deal.
Old May 2, 2021, 3:13 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Originally Posted by dblumenhoff
One thought: AS allows you to print your bag tags at home. Is there any reason you couldn't do that, attach the tags when picking up the bags at customs, and then drop them with the connecting bags?
Wow. Very interesting question!
Old May 2, 2021, 8:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dblumenhoff
Good point, although at the moment I can't recall where the transfer desk is? SFO say its outside the arrivals hall?! Stupidly I can picture it at LAX, DFW and SJC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.