Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

NEW ROUTES: Wroclaw, Gdansk, Riga and Cluj-Napoca from LHR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW ROUTES: Wroclaw, Gdansk, Riga and Cluj-Napoca from LHR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2021, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by flyslow
They certainly used to, has the route been axed?
AY still operate the HEL-RIX route with a reduced frequency due to Covid-19.
florens likes this.

Last edited by nordic; Apr 30, 2021 at 7:25 pm
Old Apr 30, 2021, 1:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
RIX-HEL-LHR on Finnair doesn't pop up as a flight option on the Riga non-operating days .. but CLJ-OTP-LHR on Tarom does for Cluj :shrug:
Old Apr 30, 2021, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
[...]so long as the passenger has a return boarding pass in advance.
Indeed, and there’s a word of warning here for anyone looking to get themselves booked, in that we (and currently BA) do not yet know whether these stations will be online or offline (in terms of FLY use). With low frequencies and a chance of being short-lived, they may decide it’s not worth the training cost and instead use a local system, similar to other stations. Anyone booking under official MCT should be aware of the potential pitfalls.
Old May 1, 2021, 2:14 am

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by fruitcage
Is there a discount for any non-Pole who can pronounce Wroclaw correctly?
Breslau?

I'll get my coat.....
Flying Yazata likes this.
Old May 1, 2021, 3:45 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
Breslau?

I'll get my coat.....
Vrotslav?
Old May 1, 2021, 9:27 am

Rots-laf
Old May 1, 2021, 10:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by ajamieson
RIX-HEL-LHR on Finnair doesn't pop up as a flight option on the Riga non-operating days .. but CLJ-OTP-LHR on Tarom does for Cluj :shrug:
might have to book via the AY website? AY still operate, I believe 3 daily flights between HEL and RIX using Norra's ATR aircraft. Flying time is around 25 minutes and quite fun.
Old May 2, 2021, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by nivsy
might have to book via the AY website? AY still operate, I believe 3 daily flights between HEL and RIX using Norra's ATR aircraft. Flying time is around 25 minutes and quite fun.
hel to RIX its currently one flight (ay1075) and not every day.

it is norra but you will not get to rix from hel in 25mins, even with a fair wind, its about 55mins flight time. TLL is 15 mins
florens likes this.
Old May 2, 2021, 7:57 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
In CLJ, there is an airside connections route, though I’ve never tried to use it so don’t know if it would work for a B2B. As you enter the immigration hall, there is a door in the far left corner marked Connections. Not sure if it’s always open, or you have to call someone ŕ la ARN, but it’s there.

Unless something has changed since Dec 2019 when I was last there, all arrivals and departures are at remote stands, with (fairly short) bus transfers. Speed of immigration and main security is usually ok but can be a bit hit and miss, with a 50 minute turnaround it could be tight if you have to go landside, even with a BP for the return.

The departure gate area is quite small (was due for upgrade, but I’d be surprised if that’s happened yet), and can be a bit crowded and chaotic if there are 2 or 3 flights departing at same time. Even if gate staff enforce boarding order (they generally do for Wizz), you might have to get elbows out for priority boarding.
Old May 5, 2021, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by fruitcage
Is there a discount for any non-Pole who can pronounce Wroclaw correctly?
Yes... just say Breslau.

BTW, I'm still waiting for non-Poles to pronounce Kraków correctly. Or, at least stop calling the river "Vistula".
Old May 6, 2021, 5:00 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
I have booked Cluj for 18-20 Aug and Gdansk for 20-22 Aug. Both countries below 100 cases per 100k and falling....
Old May 7, 2021, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Fanjet
Yes... just say Breslau.

BTW, I'm still waiting for non-Poles to pronounce Kraków correctly. Or, at least stop calling the river "Vistula".
but it IS the Vistula, what do you suggest we call it ?
Old May 7, 2021, 6:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
but it IS the Vistula, what do you suggest we call it ?
Wisła (pronounced : "viswa")
Akoz likes this.
Old May 7, 2021, 9:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
But in English the name of the river is Vistula, just as in English the name of the capital city is Warsaw and not Warszawa.
Old May 7, 2021, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
I doubt there are many Londoners who would take exception to Polish visitors using the Polish name, Tamiza, for our river.

It might seem a tad pretentious to pepper conversation in English with foreign place names, rather than use the names those paces are normally referred to in English.

I'd wince if someone told me they were off to Napoli tomorrow: just as many would be lost were they instructed to find Misr on the map.
shefgab and Misco60 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.