Farewell Temperley [amenity kits] in 1st?

Old Apr 25, 21, 1:21 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Posts: 597
Farewell Temperley [amenity kits] in 1st?

Today’s Sunday Times carries a story that Temperley have gone into administration. I wonder if this is, in part at least, due to lost revenue from BA’s contract for the amenity kits and PJs in 1st.

What now for BA 1st, I wonder? I presume there are stocks, but I would personally encourage a discussion to introduce a nice Mulberry kit
1Aturnleft likes this.
TheJayHatch is offline  
Old Apr 25, 21, 1:50 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,983
Ahhhh I wish! More likely to be something from this quintessential British brand...

1Aturnleft is offline  
Old Apr 25, 21, 7:28 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: MCR
Programs: British Airways Gold, Hilton/Marriott - Gold
Posts: 1,061
Well, if they wanted to up their game I have a short list of products I would like to see:

Malin and Goetz or Le Labo - moisturiser / perfume
The Ordinary - eye care
Salt and Stone - deodorant
Dr. Bronner - Toothpaste
A bamboo toothbrush
PGberkshire is offline  
Old Apr 25, 21, 1:17 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver
Posts: 320
Originally Posted by PGberkshire View Post
Well, if they wanted to up their game I have a short list of products I would like to see:
Definitely scope for them to up their game. Especially with a lot fewer F seats in future, they should come up with something that feels more desirable. I found the Temperley velvet bag pretty rubbish.

ideally they should pick strong British brands. My suggestions would be something like Floris or DR Harris.
Farringdon is offline  
Old Apr 25, 21, 1:48 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,983
Originally Posted by Farringdon View Post
Ideally they should pick strong British brands. My suggestions would be something like Floris or DR Harris.
Just like in the early 2000's BAg era.
Ren, Dr Harris, Floris, Marvis, Penhaligons, Aesop
Then it all got a bit cheap and nasty at around the same the the Irish skinhead got to the top
1Aturnleft is offline  
Old Apr 25, 21, 2:11 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Posts: 6,656
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft View Post
Ahhhh I wish! More likely to be something from this quintessential British brand...

to be fair the actual bags you get are in no way better than that quality wise! Just a fancy label sewn on the side

Last edited by Cap'n Benj; Apr 25, 21 at 4:22 pm
Cap'n Benj is offline  
Old Apr 25, 21, 2:24 pm
  #7  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: N/A
Programs: Go Fish
Posts: 5,335
Aesop would be amazing
nufnuf77 is offline  
Old Apr 25, 21, 2:47 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Posts: 14,779
My bet is on The White Company providing a different range for First - the easy but by no means the best solution.
IAMORGAN and Grande Annee like this.
Genius1 is offline  
Old Apr 25, 21, 3:00 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,983
Or find a new trendy bag provider and insert all the existing Elemis stuff. That's presumably still going to be in contract until that too is up for renewal?
1Aturnleft is offline  
Old Apr 25, 21, 3:11 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: in a cabin
Posts: 6,283
Aesop?

Are people buying that scam?
Petrus is offline  
Old Apr 25, 21, 4:05 pm
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Posts: 14,779
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft View Post
Or find a new trendy bag provider and insert all the existing Elemis stuff. That's presumably still going to be in contract until that too is up for renewal?
Elemis will almost certainly be a gonna now that the spa contract has been terminated - probably linked, as with the lounge washroom products.
Genius1 is offline  
Old Apr 25, 21, 5:28 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: MCR
Programs: British Airways Gold, Hilton/Marriott - Gold
Posts: 1,061
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft View Post
Just like in the early 2000's BAg era.
Ren, Dr Harris, Floris, Marvis, Penhaligons, Aesop
Then it all got a bit cheap and nasty at around the same the the Irish skinhead got to the top
apart from the fact Aesop is Aussie
PGberkshire is offline  
Old Apr 25, 21, 5:29 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: MCR
Programs: British Airways Gold, Hilton/Marriott - Gold
Posts: 1,061
Originally Posted by Farringdon View Post
Definitely scope for them to up their game. Especially with a lot fewer F seats in future, they should come up with something that feels more desirable. I found the Temperley velvet bag pretty rubbish.

ideally they should pick strong British brands. My suggestions would be something like Floris or DR Harris.
sorry but they are terrible brands
PGberkshire is offline  
Old Apr 25, 21, 5:48 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,983
Originally Posted by PGberkshire View Post
apart from the fact Aesop is Aussie
And Le Labo???? They're American aren't they?

BAG's also featured Dermalogica and Kiehl's products at one point. Not sure where they're based

My dad always swore by Harvard at M&S. Is that British enough to be considered?

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Apr 25, 21 at 5:57 pm
1Aturnleft is offline  
Old Apr 25, 21, 8:53 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver
Posts: 320
Originally Posted by PGberkshire View Post
sorry but they are terrible brands
Care to elaborate? Niche and less well known as a brand? Or you don’t like the products?

Aesop etc are very nice, but I find them a bit blandly international. The sort of thing you see often in high end international travel- their shops and their stuff is in hotel bathrooms and so on. Was trying to think of British brands that are a bit more distinctive and unusual.
Farringdon is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: