Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Vintage BA pre-recorded on-board announcements

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vintage BA pre-recorded on-board announcements

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2021, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Scots_Al
The guy narrating the emergency announcements is very upbeat and calming! I found myself expecting a somewhat more authoritative voice.
I believe the voice actor has changed since these from the 757. The newer ones, whilst having the same (if not, very similar) contents, definitely have a more severe tone.
Additionally, if the automatic announcements fail then the script is to be read by the crew.
Scots_Al likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Those safety announcements are in bedded in my brain, to this day I can still say these from memory.
camdentown and S_W_S like this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 11:08 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Years ago on a United 747 bound to HNL from LAX - the ladies in the crew all wore Mumus and had orchids in their hair and the men wore red jackets. Whoever was doing the PA said thus " Ladies and Gentlemen - welcome to our Friendly Skies - Captain Birdbath (at least that is what I think she said) and his crew extend their personal greeting and want to know that this for you, you , and you. You are all very important to United and now we will be giving you a safety demonstration which we ask you to watch attentatively. I am making the anouncment for our Cabin Service Manager Lee Butterby - this avoids me having to show you to put on a life vest and ruin my hair that took a long time to fix this morning. Mr Butterball (she actually said that) has practically no hair so these problems do not affect him. "

Things have changed indeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.