Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Elemis Spa Closing Permanently in All Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elemis Spa Closing Permanently in All Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2021, 3:01 am

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Use the space for more and upgraded showers - far more useful than the spa was.
embarcadero1, mrow, tetudc and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 3:17 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by VSLover
leave the showers alone, close off the remaining spa area and install proper hvac machinery to properly cool the south lounges!

problem solved wrt space utilization!
Or build new showers in the spa, then modernise the old showers to be new HVAC + more new showers if there is space
VSLover likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 3:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Great. I finally get to Gold and they remove the benefit I had most been looking forward to. Not mentioned on the BA website yet either...
bafan and SxMan like this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 4:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Ah what a pity. I used it very often usually my Friday afternoon before a longhaul to asia. Will be sorely missed
Old Apr 24, 2021, 4:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Tdgraves
Great. I finally get to Gold and they remove the benefit I had most been looking forward to. Not mentioned on the BA website yet either...
I was Gold for about 20 years when I flew on BA. I think I used the spa benefit three times, and that’s including F flights. You didn’t miss much. A 13 minute massage half-clothed isn’t much to write home about.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
The JFK spa is the only really loss. I used it multiple times - supper in the lounge, head massage and shower then straight to sleep on the upper deck as soon as wheels were up. No more more spa and no 747s!
Arsey00 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC
It was *literally* better than nothing, though...
Old Apr 24, 2021, 6:42 am

If they did proper treatments like Qantas does for their first class passengers, then it would be worth it. But the current set-up was never great. Now that there's much fewer first class across the fleet, they've got the opportunity to really up the service levels. I doubt it'll ever compete with the like of Lufthansa or Air France, but at least they have the potential now.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 6:56 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Or build new showers in the spa, then modernise the old showers to be new HVAC + more new showers if there is space

indeed! i am happy to tolerate that horrid sucking noise if it means an updated cubicle that doesnt leak everywhere or turn into a custom steam sauna after 5 mins!
Old Apr 24, 2021, 7:45 am

It'd be amazing if they'd use the space for a proper gym. Maybe less of interest to those departing the UK, but on longer connections it'd be wonderful.

My last few long layovers I've booked a spa appointment at the Sofitel and used their gym in advance.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
My first reaction was yet another service being "enhanced" but soon realised I never used the spa treatments so no great loss really. Hopefully an opportunity to expand and offer more facilities in the lounges.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 9:11 am

I used to enjoy the chair massage although they were not well maintained and often bits of you slipped out while the massage was going on. Once the leg device kept shortening, forcing my lower leg out and I had to repeatedly apply pressure to straighten it which was not what you want in any form of relaxation therapy.

The T3 spa always seemed to be closed.

The QF spa always fully booked and mere BA F passengers could never get an appointment.

The only airport spa that seemed to run remotely like it should was the TG at BKK.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 9:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Greenpen
I used to enjoy the chair massage although they were not well maintained and often bits of you slipped out while the massage was going on.
I didn’t realise that it was that sort of place!!
Old Apr 24, 2021, 9:24 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Despite the negativity on this thread, used it on my F flights (booking in advance via YouFirst) and always enjoyed the experience. Will be sad to see it go.
dylanks, Arsey00 and Deanog1976 like this.

Last edited by lcylocal; Apr 24, 2021 at 1:05 pm
Old Apr 24, 2021, 9:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by lcylocal
Despite the negativity on this thread, used it on my F flights (booking in advance via YouFirst) and alway enjoyed the experience. Will be sad to see it go.
I can see the value of a bre-booked service but the availability on the day was always almost non-existent.

I never used the showers at LHR or LGW but have at various long haul outposts as it was always nice to have a shower and a change of clothes before a night flight home, especially from hot and humid countries. After a day out in Bangkok or Mumbai you really need a good scrub.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.