Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sofitel at LHR T5 closed until end of June [reopened 6th September 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel at LHR T5 closed until end of June [reopened 6th September 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2021, 4:10 am

We have a reservation with them in late May, I called them and they confirmed this. They are going to start contacting people from Monday to either cancel or transfer to the Hilton Garden Inn at T2/3 who offer the same testing package.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by deep_south
We have a reservation with them in late May, I called them and they confirmed this. They are going to start contacting people from Monday to either cancel or transfer to the Hilton Garden Inn at T2/3 who offer the same testing package.
Hi,

Quality wise that is a bit of a step down from Sofitel to HGI ( HGI location is ideal for T2- not so much for T5). Hopefully if the prices are lower at HGI a partial refund would also be in order.

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 24, 2021, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Quality wise that is a bit of a step down from Sofitel to HGI ( HGI location is ideal for T2- not so much for T5). Hopefully if the prices are lower at HGI a partial refund would also be in order.

Regards

TBS
As they are two different brands this also brings in the issue of status and points. It may be better to cancel and rebook.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 6:36 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I contacted the hotel this morning who confirmed this, but have no idea how long it will be for.
Guests are being offered HGI T2/3 at same rate (!)
Old Apr 24, 2021, 6:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

delete

Last edited by david55; Apr 24, 2021 at 7:19 am Reason: insensitive post
Old Apr 24, 2021, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by david55
For me...all it does is attach a stigma to the property now knowing that people with covid probably stayed there.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Markie
I contacted the hotel this morning who confirmed this, but have no idea how long it will be for.
Guests are being offered HGI T2/3 at same rate (!)
I cancelled and rebooked myself, saved about £45.....!
Markie likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 11:51 pm

deleted

Last edited by Phlyer2; Apr 25, 2021 at 12:06 am Reason: Wrong thread.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 7:01 am

One thing to note, the Sofitel test package gave overnight results, whereas the HGI package says "within 24 hours" - so not so useful for a morning flight...!
Old Apr 26, 2021, 7:32 am

Programs: Aer Club Silver | BAEC Bronze | ALL Silver | Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by deep_south
One thing to note, the Sofitel test package gave overnight results, whereas the HGI package says "within 24 hours" - so not so useful for a morning flight...!
​​​​​​
The Ibis Styles is offering on site testing though Bio-Grad Diagnostics. It's a PCR test.
Doesn't look like you can book a package like Sofitel. No word on prices or turn around time either.

Thanks!
Old Apr 26, 2021, 1:04 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by steveggetit
My wife & I were however having a joke & a giggle whether the Club Millesmie Lounge would remain open for any Punters paying the extra to get their alcohol fix!
Too late! It was taken over for Covid testing a few months ago. No Club for the time being.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 10:44 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
When I passed through earlier in the month, occupancy was ~10% so I’m sadly not surprised.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 1:30 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by dylanks
When I passed through earlier in the month, occupancy was ~10% so I’m sadly not surprised.
I suspect that at £175 per night for the Travelodge (or similar) or £175 per night for the Sofitel that occupancy has considerably improved.

Considering that with reduced offering required (no bars or restaurants to operate) and everything as room service items that is probably more profitable per room than they have been for a few years.
Markie likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 3:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Just called the hotel and was told they have extended quarantine until the end of August and there's a good chance they'll extend again.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 3:44 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by samfrost93
Just called the hotel and was told they have extended quarantine until the end of August and there's a good chance they'll extend again.
good work! but very annoying given it is one of the nicer options and obviously cannot beat the convenience. had fingers crossed i could book for later august but i guess not and will keep fingers crossed i can in september.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.