FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Sofitel at LHR T5 closed until end of June [reopened 6th September 2021] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2038609-sofitel-lhr-t5-closed-until-end-june-reopened-6th-september-2021-a.html)

marcusm1 Apr 23, 2021 9:43 am

Sofitel at LHR T5 closed until end of June [reopened 6th September 2021]

Slightly off topic but I know used extensively by the forum IF you manage to travel. Sofitel just cancelled reservation with 4 days notice as they've decided to become a quarantine hotel until the end of June, so look elsewhere if you need a layover hotel until 1 July.

mikeyfly Apr 23, 2021 10:24 am

Nice place to quarantine if the cost is the same !

Fatdickie Apr 23, 2021 10:31 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 33199859)
Nice place to quarantine if the cost is the same !

Even if locked up in your room for 10 days?

antichef Apr 23, 2021 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Fatdickie (Post 33199892)
Even if locked up in your room for 10 days?

Compared to the other options ... :eek:

VSLover Apr 23, 2021 11:13 am

well that is indeed annoying to tie up the MOST convenient hotel option!

alex67500 Apr 23, 2021 12:00 pm

I thought that'd be better than a travelodge! But it's annoying for those travelling....

DominicB Apr 23, 2021 5:04 pm

I have to do an overnight at Heathrow on Friday 14 May. What's the best hotel option currently available for non-quarantine folk?

Dog250 Apr 24, 2021 12:40 am

Originally Posted by DominicB (Post 33200848)
I have to do an overnight at Heathrow on Friday 14 May. What's the best hotel option currently available for non-quarantine folk?

I always book the Ibis Styles. Competitively priced and and the bus stop from the airport is right outside the front door.
Bus on the way back to the airport is a 1 minute walk across the junction outside the pub.

steveggetit Apr 24, 2021 12:59 am

Sofitel T5 shut for Quarantine Stays thru June!

What is the world coming to! Awful news frankly for T5 and early starts for BA/One World flights when you live in the sticks like I do. I guess the alternative now is Hilton T5 ( which is actually in Colnbrook ). Indian restaurant there is actually quite good. However the Hoppa bus takes forever....

My wife & I were however having a joke & a giggle whether the Club Millesmie Lounge would remain open for any Punters paying the extra to get their alcohol fix!

I am still in love with my Lady after 35 yrs but 10 Nites in a room with her indoors nagging away & harping on would promote mini bar Sales !

Stay safe everyone!
Steve

GumshoeW12 Apr 24, 2021 1:24 am

Originally Posted by steveggetit (Post 33201465)
I guess the alternative now is Hilton T5 ( which is actually in Colnbrook ).

That’s still closed I’m afraid - has been for months.

marcusm1 Apr 24, 2021 1:51 am

Originally Posted by VSLover (Post 33200013)
well that is indeed annoying to tie up the MOST convenient hotel option!

very annoying..was planning on it for a later arrivals with too much luggage to drag around buses or taxis...

Markie Apr 24, 2021 1:52 am

My booking at the end of May is still there but I assume they just haven't got round to cancelling yet!

The _Banking_Scot Apr 24, 2021 2:25 am

Originally Posted by DominicB (Post 33200848)

Hi,

If keen on the Hilton, the hilton is showing the Hilton Garden inn T2/T3 or the Hilton Garden Inn at Hatton Cross or the Hilton at T4 for those dates. The Premier inn can also be nice.

The Hilton T5 looks like it is closed until around 17th May ( rooms available after that date at the moment

Regards

TBS

Never Stansted Apr 24, 2021 2:37 am

That’s inconvenient; they’ve done a really good job there during lockdown. Especially liked the evening canapés they delivered to the room since the lounge wasn’t allowed to open.

Wonder if they’re going to pitch it as a ‘premium’ quarantine hotel or if it will just be luck of the draw.

VSLover Apr 24, 2021 2:43 am

Originally Posted by marcusm1 (Post 33201515)
very annoying..was planning on it for a later arrivals with too much luggage to drag around buses or taxis...

oh yes. i had a late arrival next month connecting to an early departure next day and had booked a night myself.

instead i had to move up my inbound (effectively now losing my last day) to connect to my outbound to get there same evening rather than take my sweet time and enjoy a night over at this hotel! i just cant be bothered with any additional transportation to get to/from all other airport hotels.